Brandistock vs Spear

• @KingWillie:

Haha agreed. Spear was the first weapon I ever picked up, got pretty good with it. I love the spear, takes forever to kill people sometimes though. Only reason I don’t use brandistock honestly… it’s ugly as shit.

But never picked up fork too much… just might try it out today actually.

i also find the brandistock and fork really ugly. i think they were not very used historically,

i think that it should have been heavy spear and light spear instead of brandistock and fork, tb could keep the same stats and use a slightly modified spear model for each

• @Guyard:

i also find the brandistock and fork really ugly.

The new sun spear is cool and confuses the hell out of high ranks apparently.

• Spear is a better weapon overall. Baddies use brandi.

• @gregcau:

The new sun spear is cool and confuses the hell out of high ranks apparently.

the sun spear looks like something the pope would use to threaten children.

the modeler could have done it right, he just needed to make the decorations smaller and exchange the blades for 3 spikes, like it is supposed to be in a brandistock. He made something that looks completly useless instead, the fact it is a winner proves how bad tb is at making decisions

• Global Moderator

@Guyard:

the sun spear looks like something the pope would use to threaten children.

the modeler could have done it right, he just needed to make the decorations smaller and exchange the blades for 3 spikes, like it is supposed to be in a brandistock. He made something that looks completly useless instead, the fact it is a winner proves how bad tb is at making decisions

I do remember than saying to “vote” on your favourite in the steam workshop. That may of influenced them a bit. Problem is its the worst voting system there is.

• The Spear is an amazing weapon, I wouldn’t say it’s OP, but it’s very strong- many clans don’t take advantage of it’s benefits and it’s a shame. On paper the Brandi might seem better, and it probably is a bit better for dueling, but as a support weapon….holy crap is the spear strong.

• @lemonater47:

I do remember than saying to “vote” on your favourite in the steam workshop. That may of influenced them a bit. Problem is its the worst voting system there is.

I understand a human being created that thing, but my god (that doesn’t exist) is it ugly. I’m sorry to say that, because I’m sure they put a lot of work into it, but WHY??? It looks like a wall decoration!!!

Meanwhile, not one of poor Crushed’s great weapon skins got accepted.

Sry to sound like Kanye West at the Grammy’s.

• someone forgot to explain to him that the brandistock is supposed to be a weapon that one uses to stab people, not a magic scepter that casts magic unicorns

• spear is superior to the brandi in practically every way but dragging in a competitive environment. Your longest attack is fairly fast and if you dance around well you can look like you’re practically everywhere in the fight skewering everyone with long pokey bits of doom. You would roll with the brandi for better damage and dragability but those aren’t reasons you would choose a spear weapon.

If you are more used to conventional weaponry like swords, polearms, and axes I would roll with brandi as it has a much smaller learning curve in terms of adapting from previous playstyles. If you are used to an eccentric play style with footwork as your most precious tool I would roll with spear.

However, in a duel brandi is superior because footwork is fairly limited with one on one combat, as most people would counter your movement by face hugging.

• Holy crap the necro posts are real. This thread has been revived 3 times now haha. But yeah, spear is more fun tbh.