Ban Appeals

• If you have been banned from our Official Servers and wish to make an appeal, you may do so in this thread only. Please post the following:

Steam Community ID: <link required>

Who banned you (if known):

Reason for ban (if known):

Your appeal:

Additional comments:

A note on timing; any permanent ban will take several days to process after being reported to TB by our admins, so there may be up to a week between a player warned by an official admin and the actual ban taking effect.

• Please only post your Community Steam ID – the one that looks like 76561190000000000 – or your permanent profile link using this ID (e.g. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561190000000000/ ) - Use http://steamidconverter.com to find this.

• Unless you are posting an appeal, do NOT post in this thread. Each post will be reviewed and marked as CLOSED once completed.

• Do not post toxic messages or harass the admins. If you cannot be mature in your appeal and only post negatively, your post will be deleted and an warning issued. If you continue, you will be banned from the forums.

• Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:27602928

Server you were banned on: US Official Black Knight Server

Who banned you:Mskitiana

Reason for ban: Comments towards mskitiana. First was response to her telling me to settle down after swearing at player for tking 3 times in a row with catapault - “quiet slut”, did not know she was an admin, she logged in as administrator, 3 hour ban. On my return, unbeknownst to me she was still there some 4 hours later. I made jokes about her appearance (all the while thinking she had left)and commented that she looked like one of those ugly girls that go to cosplay parties (she has personal photo in profile). She then said I could expect a permanent ban because I “couldn’t learn to follow the rules”. I asked if my comment that “mskitiana looks like a nerd groupy who thrived off the attention of fat geeks was not following the rules” (now knowing she had read my previous comment)and she again logged in as administrator and banned me, which has persisted a full day later.

Your appeal: I do not feel this warrants a ban. IF insulting chat room conduct towards an admin carries an initial 3-hour ban, I was not aware that she was an admin on the occasion of the first ban until after she banned me. More importantly, and what I find the most troubling in this - immediately prior to my first comment, the N-word was being used by another player. Msktiana verbally reprimanded the offender (in the same capacity as any other player, so far as I could tell), who proceeded to use the term again. Yet in my case, negative comments (and I don’t disagree the comments were negative) directed towards the admin were seen as more punish-worthy than outright racism directed at other players. In essence, I do not feel that an administrator should be banning players for their own personal gratification, and on a whim, or at least not banning players for those comments before banning a user directing derogatory racial slurs at other players. I feel this was a poor use of discretion when weighing the two “offenses”, and in fact, childish behaviour on the same level as my own comments towards the admin.

Additional comments: The Chivalry community is a fun one, and part of that fun is the childish, crude comments that are directed at opposing players. I do not think that not inserting some sort of censorship into the chat box was an oversight, rather I think it was done on purpose. This has given the community a colourful flair, and one that many people appreciate notwithstanding the crudeness of it. I have seen private server administrators get into drawn out arguments with players, personal insults and all, but they do not lower themselves to the level of banning those players for their own personal “win”. And this is while a player knows the person they are arguing with is an administrator. In this case, mskitiana logged in after one insulting comment and proceeded with a “look what I can do to you, guess you insulted the wrong person” response. Seems to be someone far too happy with the “power” they have, especially when they are not willing to provide the same response in defense of another player being called the N-word repeatedly.

I would add that after some 4 years of play I have not been banned from any server, official or otherwise. And it seems to me in this instance that the difference between banning me, over banning the player repeating the racial slurs, was the personal gratification of the admin; something that can be found inappropriate regardless of the appropriateness of my actions.

• Mod

From reading these comments, screenshots and info from the server chat - which included things you’ve omitted, in the same situation, I would not hesitate to ban you too.

Your rationale for appealing is not even contrite. Instead further lump the blame on others and continue with insults.

I see nothing to justify the removal of a ban.

The last port of call would be to appeal to the devs at contact@tornbanner.com

Closing appeal, further comments to this will be removed.

• Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005367727/

Server you were banned on: DW US-WEST

Who banned you: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MsKittyiana/

Reason for ban: ‘Racism’

Your appeal: I am unsure how to state the incredulity of the situation I have found myself with Mskittyiana. Not only was I witness to rampant biased admin abuse against multiple longtime players, I was kicked, and then told I was banned for racism while actively attempting to silence the person that was being sexist towards her. I was given no further information, no validation after attempting to contact this admin through the steam group chat as stated. I had told MsKittyiana early in the conversation that I am high-functioning autistic because this heavily affects how I communicate and interpret words and it seemed directly after that she set to either ignoring me or brushing off my questions without actually answering.

After being kicked from the server as stated above I went to ask Mskittyiana what I had done and as stated above I was informed that I had been banned for racism. I include the entire ‘conversation’ below as I feel it remarks on her ability as an admin.

Not only was I completely ignored after communicating a disability, but MsKittyiana could not even identify that I was one of the people that was trying to help the situation. It turns out I was not banned at all, MsKittyiana couldn’t even keep track of who she had been banning mere seconds before.
    Torn Banner needs to keep a closer eye on those that represent their official servers, and by extention their company. I was not only disrespected but discriminated against when I attempted to seek out even the barest bit of aknowledgement from this admin, as shown by the conversation below were-in I was completely ignored despite being civil.

This is not how you treat long time customers. This is not how you treat someone that attempts to communicate a disability with you, regardless of your personal beliefs on said disability.

And finally it needs be said that if you go a year without having any admin representation on your official DW servers, then plop one in, no one will believe that person is an admin and no one did even after a few bans were handed out.
    You can’t go from completely ignoring the community to violently policing the daily banter they have been going on about for an entire year without need for your policing.

Just to say it one more time, how can you not realize the person you are talking to is someone you just kicked, and tell them they are banned, and call yourself a responsible admin? It would have taken one second to even look at who I was, if any attention was being payed at all. Below is the ‘conversation’ that took place over 4 hours.

Additional comments: Admin group conversation:

Never tell your password to anyone.
    ℛ℮ḱт: Just curious if you clicked the wrong name or actually meant to kick me when it was everyone else doing the actual racism with me just pointing out that you were not offended two minutes prior when everyone was making homophobic talk.
    ℛ℮ḱт: Really it doesn’t matter but my brain fixates so if you’ll bare with me : /
    Mskittyiana™: everyone that didn’t listen to warnings got a ban.
    Wisdom Like Silence entered chat.
    ℛ℮ḱт: I agree with you banning the people that went personal and too far, but what I still don’t get is how I was kicked right when I was telling one of those people they went over the line. Which was caused by your own actions.
    ℛ℮ḱт: You ignored homophobic slander for three minutes then abruptly tuned back in when someone made a sexist comment.
    Wisdom Like Silence disconnected.
    Mskittyiana™: You have been banned for racism, if you think you have been banned without reason you can contact Torn Banner Studios.
    Wisdom Like Silence is now playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Click here to join.
    ℛ℮ḱт: Whats weird is I wasn’t banned, it said kicked for racism, so you are adding on a ban now because I followed up?
    ℛ℮ḱт: I’ve told you I’m autistic so you might need to be just a little less vague with me
    ℛ℮ḱт: I’m not asking you to give me special treatment here by saying that again I’m just trying to communicate why I don’t understand what you did and you haven’t given it even the slightest effort to explain to me why. It has been half an hour, you have gone in and out of online-gaming status a few times. I have nothing but time, and time to spend with my thoughts, and until this is resolved my brain will not find another subject to fixate on.
    Wisdom Like Silence is now playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. Click here to join.
    ℛ℮ḱт: So whenever you have the free time, I’ll be here, and I’ll be waiting, and I’ll still be just as calm and civil as I was when I first realized you where an actual admin.
    Mskittyiana™ is now playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta. Click here to join.
    ℛ℮ḱт: I could understand you not wanting to speak to, say, the guy that was being sexist and saying women belong on ‘meat poles’ but if you don’t recall or didn’t see I was the one that told him that was way too far. Then I was banned. Before that my exact words were ‘I humbly request you to be more fair in your rulings’, before the server switched maps. I’m still at a loss as to where in that I was being racist, or where I deserve to be given this silent treatment while you jump from game to game as you please. It has been roughly another half hour.
    Mskittyiana™ is now playing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta. Click here to join.
    ℛ℮ḱт: Its amusing when I’m the one with better communication skills then someone who is supposed to be representing the official servers/torn banner themselves, and as a representative you have made zero effort when it would have taken only one sentence to resolve my issue, despite being informed of my condition early on with respect to our communication. I will be including this (lack of a) conversation when I contact torn banner studios. I highly doubt you even take your position seriously enough to have read any of this.
    Wisdom Like Silence disconnected.
    ℛ℮ḱт: If you wish to improve your image at all I will be afk for a good while because unlike some people I’m a pretty decent guy. Feel free to save face with a sentence or two, or not. Either way have a good one and it was nice seeing how torn banner deals players that have been around for years.
    ℛ℮ḱт: For the record it has now been another hour and a half. Thank you for everything you made no attempt whatsoever to do and again, have a good one.

• After reviewing screenshots of the situation, I feel the ban was justified and this appeal will be closed. Using any sort of racial slur on official servers will not be tolerated. Please do not add any additional comments to this thread.

• This post is deleted!

• STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:58838908

Server you were banned on: Official FFA #11 I’m pretty sure, though I am banned off all official servers.

Who banned you: It doesn’t show the player that banned me, and no one gave me a warning in chat. Meaning I have no idea.

Reason for ban: Excessive Language (Swearing, etc)

Your Appeal: I have PM’ed a few admins about this but received no reply. Here’s how it went down. Like always I swear after I continuously get killed. This is sort of affected from my ADHD disorder. It is quite hard to control myself, but I can handle it after what punishment I got. I didn’t know swearing was against the rules, and of course this is a game that is not for kids, seeing that you can pop someones head off, lol. Anyways, I am just requesting an un-ban and hoping that this won’t happen again. I will most definitely reduce the amount of language I use, and maybe not even type at all. As stated in one of the questions above, I was not given any warnings before I was banned, I was not kicked, temporarily banned, or anything. I was just instantly banned by some random person. I hope this ban will be lifted! Please take this into consideration, thank you.

Additional Comments:

• Hello Generalshotz,

After reviewing the screenshots of the situation it is clear that you ignored the warning of an admin and continued to use racial slurs in an official server. Additionally, we received multiple reports against you from other players for your use of racial & sexual slurs and for telling somebody to go slit their wrists.

This behavior is not tolerated in official servers and your appeal will be closed. Please do not add any additional posts in this thread.

• Steam ID:Keithic {Hugz}

Server you were banned on:Official Black Knight TO Server [32p] US Central [Multilayer]

Who banned you: Never got the name :/

Reason for ban: Accidental team kill

Your appeal: So, I got on the server and it was the map where you have to break open these barricades and there is there civilians inside it. Like sorta inside a cave. And anyway we only had one group of civs left, and I assumed that we were close to losing because I saw someone in there and hitting them. I put my cursor on him and it’s red, then I go up and cut off his head and kill him. Turns out it was a teammate, It was my fault and I take responsibility for it. No one believed me so they banned me.

Additional comments: Won’t happen again. Also It doesn’t seem like normal players should be able to ban players. I mean, maybe temp ban but perma ban? That seems a bit extensive.

• @Keithic:

Steam ID:Keithic {Hugz}

Server you were banned on:Official Black Knight TO Server [32p] US Central [Multilayer]

Who banned you: Never got the name :/

Reason for ban: Accidental team kill

Your appeal: So, I got on the server and it was the map where you have to break open these barricades and there is there civilians inside it. Like sorta inside a cave. And anyway we only had one group of civs left, and I assumed that we were close to losing because I saw someone in there and hitting them. I put my cursor on him and it’s red, then I go up and cut off his head and kill him. Turns out it was a teammate, It was my fault and I take responsibility for it. No one believed me so they banned me.

Additional comments: Won’t happen again. Also It doesn’t seem like normal players should be able to ban players. I mean, maybe temp ban but perma ban? That seems a bit extensive.

Hello Keithic, players cannot permanently ban you from an official server. If you were votekicked, the duration of the votekick is 5 minutes.

• Edit: Thx for Help

• Global Moderator

Hey Haha00,

After doing research it seems that the server is a fake official, you aren’t banned by an official admin.

• Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072558833

Sever you were banned on: ALL of them, cannot join ANY games whatsoever. (stuck on loading screens).

Who banned you: No idea.

Reason for Ban: No idea.

Your Appeal: So after decided to return to magical and expensive world of PC gaming, I discovered that I cannot join ANY games on Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. I assume it’s because I have been banned for some reason.

Additional Comments: I don’t know what happened, but regardless I really miss Chivalry. It was a beautifully engineered game that I would very much enjoy to pay again.

• Hello my steam ID is : st25101877

I dont know if i am banned from a specific server or all.

I also dont know who banned me.

The reason for my ban is for using a speedhack which i must own up to.

I only appeal this ban because i used it twice after getting to level 42, i did not kill anyone in game whilst using it, i just wanted to make people laugh. I understand completely why this is wrong and will not do it again if the ban is lifted. I absolutely love the game chivalry (even when getting owned) and will really miss playing it. I have never used cheats before and will never again. I apologise fully for taking up your time. Please let me play chivalry again. Thank you for your consideration.

• Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/The-Ulfberht

Hi !
    I do not remember which server it was, but it was about a month ago that I instantly got banned and now I cannot enter ANY official server… I assume it was due to a racism ban… But I did not mean anything!
    There was a guy in the chat who said ‘nigglet’ twice. I was curious what it meant so I wrote, nigglet? ****** chicklet? and I was instantly banned before I even knew it! Ok, wasn’t a smart thing of me to say, but I had no intention to insult anyone… I thought everyone was just joking around as people always do in games… I also did not know the game had such an extremely serious racial commenting filter… I mean come on… I say one thing and forever banned from all the servers…? Please remove the ban and it shall not happen again… I truly apologize

• Global Moderator

Hey St25101877, There is zero tolerance towards hackers, even if you use speedhacking just for fun such bans won’t be lifted.

Hey Ulfberht, After reviewing screenshots of the situation, I feel the ban was justified. You and others recieved multiple warning to stop using any kind of indication towards racial slurs.

Please do not add any additional comments to this thread.

• This post is deleted!

• Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975283364/
    Server: Official TO Server 20 [32p] - US West (Multiplay)
    Who banned me: I don’t know
    Reason for being banned: Official trolling, but that makes no sense
    Appeal:

First off, I have no idea why I was banned. I was just playing and then suddenly I was booted with a message saying it was for trolling. That makes no sense, as the only thing I had said in the chat was “Hi” when somebody said my name, I had not killed or intentionally hit any of my own teammates and my team damage is always in the single digits. I am a respectful team player, and I don’t even tea-bag or anything like that. I am the kind of player that usually bows to an opponent or sends a “gf” message after a particularly good exchange with an enemy. I wasn’t doing anything that could in any way be considered inconsiderate towards other players, friend or foe (besides killing them, of course).

• STEAM ID:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965786390/
    SERVER BANNED ON: i have abselutely no idea what so ever other than it was 3vs3 somthing
    WHO BANNED YOU: Mskittyiana
    REASON FOR BAN: Racism i think.
    APPEAL: Firstly im very much against writing an apeal for something ridiculous like this, people are hacking in the game, and im being banned for trying to be funny… secondly: your dear admin did not give me any warning that i was about to be Globally banned…
    Just because the dude is in a bad mood, does not give him the right to abuse his power, i find this behvaiour unforgiveable, and as official server holders so should you. And i heard that you have a council where you made a descission that Mskittyiana’s screenshot was enough evidence to globally ban me, as a paying player of the game. I think that you need to rething your whole policy about this… and keep your moderators/admins on a very shorter leashe… Because as i stated before, this is ridiculous. here i am trying to enjoy a good game on one of my favorite kinds of servers… and then because of the lack of humor of one of your admins, i get a global ban. This is the problem today with you Tornbanner. You have a moderator with this kind of behaviour… and you let him get away with it? I had to Do ALLOT of research, on steam to find another moderator whom linked me here. Because of a simple ban like this i have to write a whole of text for you to read. and trust me this will not be the last you hear from me if i do not get my unban… because this is as unfair as the jews were treated in ww2 by the germans… Just because they were jewish they had to suffer in KZ camps. Because it was the germans beleif that they were untermensch… If you really think about this is the same thing that has happened to me right now. Being banned because im trying to be fun. But even if i wasnt trying to be fun… this would still be unfair… because you would be no better than a German KZ camp manager/officer…
    ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: After browsing this forum i can see that Mskittyiana has allot of temper issues… and i would suggest a full withdraw of any adminstrative rights. I hope this will be the last time something like this is going to happen to either me or anyone…
    and if a stupid picture is enough to make you guys ban someone from all oficial servers then here you go… evidence of Mskittyiana’s temper issues http://picturehost.eu/uploads/b4d5107949cb81e41476e323ccef13a4_mskittyiana.png if thats enough then yeah… thats how i feel

• Hello Seacrab,

After reviewing the screenshots and speaking with those involved, I see no reason as to why your ban should be lifted. The use of racial slurs on official servers is not tolerated, and continuing to use them after being warned by an admin will result in a ban. A link to the official server rules can be found in my signature if you would like to read them over.

Your appeal on the forums will be closed. Please do not make any additional posts in this thread. You can email contact@tornbanner.com for a final attempt at an appeal.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.