Ban Appeals

• Hello,

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:58879878

Sever you were banned on: All Europe Servers

Who banned you: I don’t know

Reason for Ban: Team killing

Your Appeal: I was playing with my friends and started to kick each other as a joke, then the joke went too far and I killed them. I think there was an admin in the game at that moment and I guess he/she thought I was intentionally trolling other players

Additional Comments: I didn’t know I’d get a perma ban for team killing. From now on, I will be more careful where to swing my sword.

• Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994565686/
    Who banned you: Valind
    Reason for ban: Teamkilling

Appeal:

I was playing on a Black Knight server last night (03/09/16, 23.30 GMT) – there weren’t too many people on, and everyone was being goofy. Teammates were cutting each other’s legs off and whatnot – no one was complaining.

A player later joined and I believe I may have shot his leg off. He didn’t take well to this and killed me. This began a back and forth that culminated in him typing something along the lines of “admin plz come and ban him he tk”.

Valind logged on and said he/she was going to give me a global ban. I have to believe it was based upon this incident alone. He/she claimed I have broken numerous rules in the past, though I have never received a warning or been even spoken with a Torn Banner admin before.

We had a conversation, which was fairly casual, where I said genuinely couldn’t believe intentional teamkilling was against the rules, as team damage is a game mechanic. I didn’t mean to appear contrarian, it just seemed odd that would warrant a global ban on official servers. Having actually read the rules, I stand corrected.

I do apologise and acknowledge I should not have carried on the tking, which was childish.
    This does not detract from my own behaviour, but the gentleman who complained about me began the round I was banned in by killing me. It seems odd that I would be banned at his request.

I do not wish to question Valind’s judgement, but I have put almost 380 hours into this game and, to my knowledge, this is my first incident. In the grand scheme of things, I felt this was not quite a significant enough event to warrant a global ban, without fair warning.

Anyway, thanks for your time!

• @Mskittyiana Hello,
    It still wont allow me to join games. Can you please resolve?
    Thanks
    John

• Steam64ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/skillzthatkill888/

Reason for ban: Team Killing.

Your Appeal: Hello about a year ago I was permanently banned from all official chivalry servers I felt like that was a bit harsh for what I did and the admin who banned me would not listen to me at all and just banned me without even warning me I understand you probably won’t just believe me But I feel like I have been banned for a year already and I would just like to be unbanned so I can have fun again on chivalry I have already paid for my mistakes and I have learned from it I just love your game so much I have been still playing it on unofficial servers but I would like to still play with my friends who play on your servers but I can’t, If you are wondering what I did this is it Me and a friend joined a 3v3 LTS official server we were 1v1ing waiting for more people then this random guy joined became and archer on my team and kept shooting him in the 1v1 while missing and shooting me so I asked him to please not be an archer he yelled at me so I tked him a few times after because I was pretty annoyed so then he called an admin the admin kicked me and my friend from the game even though I said sorry then we joined another lobby the same guy followed us shot me a few times laughing that I got kicked so like an idiot I attacked him again and he called the same admin and he just straight up perma banned me without even saying anything needless to say I thought it was just a week ban or something but nope, one year later still banned I tried to contact the admin who banned me but I got no response I just want to forget this whole thing and play once again I’m sorry for breaking some of your rules and I just want to have fun on one of my favorite PC games, Also I forgot the admins name who banned me. Thank you for reading this long letter and I hope you will understand that I just want to have fun on your game again.

• Steam64 ID: STEAM_0:0:5354609

Who banned you (if known): cant remember

Reason for ban (if known): been dueling on ffa, dude joined, kept archering us for few rounds. i got pissed and tried to vote kick him, and he perm banned me. not cool.

perma banned on Official Classic UK #01 [24p] multiplay

• Global Moderator

@sirgorgonzola

You were already warned in the past about Teamkilling on the BK servers, but you ignored these warnings and kept tking on the server.
    We have decided to reject your ban appeal and keep you banned from our servers. You may try to appeal your ban in the future.

• Global Moderator

@SlaveOfSelf said in Ban Appeals:

Steam64 ID: STEAM_0:0:5354609

Who banned you (if known): cant remember

Reason for ban (if known): been dueling on ffa, dude joined, kept archering us for few rounds. i got pissed and tried to vote kick him, and he perm banned me. not cool.

perma banned on Official Classic UK #01 [24p] multiplay

@SlaveOfSelf

Can you please give us your Steam link or Community ID ? We don’t find any bans associated with that SteamID.

• Global Moderator

@skyly

Hey Skyly,

You were banned a year ago for tking towards your friends and others while also ignoring warnings from an official admin.
    We reviewed your case and decided to give you an other chance to play on our servers.
    If you break any rules in the future you will get perma banned from our servers.
    You will be able to play on our servers again within a few days, have fun !

I will also suggest to read our server rules: http://forums.tornbanner.com/topic/23535/official-server-rules

• Mod

@Darth-Maul-88 We have decided to give you another chance. Also note, evidence in our system shows you teamkilled multiple people, abused vote, used racial slurs and you were warned for teamkilling. Please refrain from doing so in the future as this will be your last chance. The ban will be lifted in a couple of days, don’t waste this second chance.

• @Mskittyiana

Hi Mskittyiana,

Thank you for your reply - I sincerely can’t recall prior warning, especially not that I would receive a lengthy global ban, so it must have been a while back. However, I have an atrocious memory and trust that perhaps there was a brief discussion once in the past, and again apologise for the most recent incident.

I must say, though, I do think more adequate warnings would be appropriate for future offenders. It is fair to enact punishment for tking - ignorantia juris non excusat, after all. But, it seems a disproportionate punishment, give the nature of some of the other offenses people are banned, and later forgiven, for.

Anyway, thank you for your time in reviewing the case. It’ s been fun, but this heavy handed ruling has completely ruined the game for me, so it’s time to delete and move on to pastures anew.

• Steam64 ID: 76561198005935788

Who banned you: Unknown

Reason for ban: Glitching/Mega Jumps

Your appeal: Hello,
    I got global banned for using a bind that would allow me to do mega jumps. I have not used this bind to gain an advantage over my opponents nor ruin the fun of others. I’ve put more than 1000 hours in a game that i really enjoy playing and i sincerly apologize for breaking a rule that i shouldn’t have broke.

• Steam64 ID: ziggler965

Who banned you (if known): I cannot remember, but if you could find out that would be great, as it seems this admin is running rampant permanently banning people for no valid reason.

Reason for ban (if known): Admin abusing his powers

Your appeal: I was playing on a Team Deathmatch server when another player purposely teamkilled me. I launched a votekick against him, and an admin immediately globally banned me for ‘Votekick abuse’. This is a clear abuse by the admin of his power. I did not buy this game to just get globally banned by an abusive admin. When the admin was about to permanently ban me, people were asking him why.

Additional comments:

• Global Moderator

@zigglr6 said in Ban Appeals:

Steam64 ID: ziggler965

Who banned you (if known): I cannot remember, but if you could find out that would be great, as it seems this admin is running rampant permanently banning people for no valid reason.

Reason for ban (if known): Admin abusing his powers

Your appeal: I was playing on a Team Deathmatch server when another player purposely teamkilled me. I launched a votekick against him, and an admin immediately globally banned me for ‘Votekick abuse’. This is a clear abuse by the admin of his power. I did not buy this game to just get globally banned by an abusive admin. When the admin was about to permanently ban me, people were asking him why.

Additional comments:

Hello Ziggler,

you were banned for votekick abuse, which is a vali(n)d reason, according to the rules.
    we decided to deny your appeal, because it was your second chance…

Regards

Valind

• @Valind Votekicking someone who is tking you is not votekick abuse. I will have to contact Torn Banner for a refund then, if they’re going to allow an abusive mod to run rampant like this.

• Global Moderator

@zigglr6

Hey Zigglr,

You were caught multiple times abusing the votekick system, you were votekicking people that had 0 % teamdamage, people who you accused of teaming in FFA and people who you accused of cheating. On top of that you also ignored warnings of an official admin and decided to start an arguement and threaten to report him/her. As already said by Valind we have reviewed your case and looked at the evidence provided with the ban report and decided to deny your appeal. If you think you are wrongfully banned or an admin abuse his/her powers you can contact Torn Banner Studios here. I will strongly suggest to contact the developers and not start an arguement in the ban appeals forum.

your sincerely,
    Mskittyiana

• @Mskittyiana Ok I will raise this with the developers. Users are noticing multiple admins have started participating in power abusive behaviours, for example one mentioned by Schiroto here: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin/discussions/0/350542683187728874/

I will build a list with some other users and submit it to the developers.

• Dear Torn banner

Steam64 ID: 76561198082678348

Catbug/the dank knight banned me

Reason for ban (teamdamage)

Name: Mexicanbatman

Once again i got banned by this radical admin
    this time i was in LTS server UK #06

i was with anhoter person ser Morgan the last on my team live and fighting a guy name aimfull on the enemy team\

as the Ser morgan and aimfull where fighting i came up behind aimfull and put up my shield when morgan was staggered by aimfull in thought when aimfull started swinging his backswing would hit my shield after that i walked backwards and Ser morgan ran up to me and kicked me backwards so i ran up to him and kicked him back wich wasnt smart because he was low health and got killed so i typed in chat first welp and then wanted to type sorry but badmin was to quick and instantly banned me wich i dont understand because it was an accident
    so i go to add him on steam to explain he first blocks me instantly so i cant talk to him then i try through chat on the offical admin steam forum wich i tried to talk to catbug explain him
    but he then starts lying about not seeing the person who started it (ser morgan) then he says if i see him i would do the same witch he wont then he said i that Ser morgan never damaged me so this admin is already full of lies i dont think thats fair so i start attempting to talk about it but he doesnt like that so he ask me to leave witch i respond but i am talking to you
    he instead kicks me from admin chat and says my ban will stay wich is completely unfair

i would like that catbug stays out of this ban appeal because he is full of lies and a baised admin against people he doesnt like i am also starting a petition against him to get his admin privelages remove

note that during this entire match people been team attacking and team hitting eachoter constantly but these people where the top players on these servers so catbug doesnt do anything against them so how am i a person that sees people team attacking and not getting warned and can constantly have fun and then not do it myself aswell but instead i get instantly killed becuase i accidently killed Ser morgan wich didnt get banned for kicking me ingame

if you so serely want to discuss this over a teamspeak / skype i wouldent mind doing that so i can explain

• Global Moderator

@Mexican-Batman

Hey Mexican Batman,

This thread is for global bans only, you recieved a local ban on the server for tking. You have been warned before by another official moderator in the past, so this will be your last warning. If you do think that you have been wrongfully banned from the server or that Catbug abuses his powers then feel free to contact Torn Banner Studios through the contact page.

your sincerely,
    Mskittyiana

• Steam64 ID : 76561198050768076
    Who banned you : [B] Random
    Reason for ban : Racism (?)
    Your appeal :
    Hello,

I am enquiring regarding my recent global ban from all Chivalry : Medieval Warfare servers. I do not have much information as to why I am banned, other than that it might be related to a brief altercation I had with “[B] Random” or something along the lines of that alias in a Dark Forest Team Objective Match. I realise the language I used was unacceptable and I apologise for this.

I’d like to appeal to have the global ban removed, as an avid fan of Chivalry who was quite upset to find out that I’d been globally banned. If my ban is lifted I can 100% guarantee this type of behaviour will not happen reoccur should I be given the opportunity to play the game once more. I have supported the game thus far and do not want this silly mistake that I made to get in the way of that.

Much appreciated,

Regards,
    Higgus.

• This post is deleted!