Ban Appeals

• Steam ID**: STEAM_0:0:32554932

Server you were banned on**: Official Server #03 (TO west 32 player)

Who banned you**: PDK

Reason for ban**: Griefing/Exploiting

Your appeal**: We were playing coldfront and got past the first objective. I was the mvp of mason and on top of the leaderboard. PDK said I was on thin ice earlier on a few matches ago(I don’t hold him to high opinion) so I made a few comments at his expense when people would ask questions about him(things like how he was a little sensitive, with smooth skin, or when someone asked how he got his admin position I made a joke how he did a monica lewinsky. [note that this isn’t why I got banned, just some background info]). I saw that mason was a little stacked so I decided to switch teams and even things up. I told the server in chat before switching, “imma steal king” because I had the most points by far and wanted to warn people that I am taking their position. After switching to agatha I put up a pretty good defense, destroying most of the siege weapons by circling around the masons. I destroyed 2 out of 3 catapults and both ballista(though they did respawn) before they finally destroyed the gate, which is when I became king.

I quickly ran forward past the barricades my team had destroyed to push back their spawn points. When I went back to retreat to heal I quickly noticed a catapult boulder land very close to me and take out a teammate. It was PDK on the catapult and he was getting very accurate in his shots. I decided the best plan would be to hide inside so that he wouldn’t be able to hit me with the instant kill rocks. It is there where I rested and planned out my final escape.

Now some people may dislike this strategy, but the best way to win in my opinion on king escape in coldfront is to attrition the attackers. At the very beginning of the escape not much time has passed so everyone is alert to the closest ramp to the boat. It becomes a killing field and isn’t very good for the king to survive through. My plan instead bunkers down in a secure location for about 5 or so minutes so that the attackers lose focus and forget about the king. Once they do so I start charging and slip past the attackers with a solid push. In what many people consider an extremely difficult objective I’ve won multiple times with this strategy in full servers against tough opponents. One of the only issues with it are teammates who don’t see the appeal in attrition and decide to TK the king for not escaping, nevermind the fact that oftentimes there are over 10 minutes to escape, making it so there doesn’t need to be a rush to the boat.

Anyways, back to the match. I hid inside the building to the left near the barricade to protect myself from cata rocks from PDK. There was a little table inside next to a wall so to have a little fun while enacting my attrition plan I roleplayed as a bartender and called the building my bar, saying things like “HEY, THIS IS MY BAR! TAKE YOUR FIGHTS OUTSIDE!”. Some people got annoyed by this strategy but I knew it worked in the past so I continued anyways and told them so. I told them I would leave and charge at around 2 minutes, plenty of time to run to the boat. I asked for any ideas on how to charge to the objective boat and one other person said in chat to go to the ocean. I thought it could possible work, circling around the battlefield through the beach to reach the boat.

At 2 minutes I put my plan into action and told agatha to charge. I started running straight towards mason boat spawn to circle around the battlefield and reach the boat. I had arrived at the boats but when I turned around there were no agatha defenders in sight. I told them to charge with me but apparently none had followed. Seeing mason attackers coming ever so closer(including PDK, he was extremely close to me in fact, trying to attack me) I tried running away further into the ocean to escape but I didn’t know I had reached the end of land and instantly drowned. We had lost the match and I felt bad. I had tried to escape using a new route but failed. PDK soon logged in as an admin and kicked me from the server. I logged back into the server in the next match and said sorry to my teammates and enemies, apologizing for my actions and failing as a king. PDK soon banned me after that.

Based on what happened during the match I do not think or feel “griefing/exploiting” was anything that I was doing. Some may disagree with my strategy but like I said before It has made me win on multiple occasions on full servers of 32 people. I do not think playing in a viable, yet alternative, way that PDK disagrees with would count as griefing or exploiting. There have been times where I have been banned and I agree with their actions, but in this situation I feel that the reason that he banned me was not what I did.

**********Additional Comments: I don’t actually know how long the ban is so if I could get confirmation on that as well it would be nice.

• Steam ID****: STEAM_0:0:32554932

Server you were banned on****: Official Server #03 (TO west 32 player)

Who banned you****: PDK

Reason for ban****: Griefing/Exploiting

Your appeal****: So apparently that previous ban right above me from PDK didn’t last for that long, as I was testing out if I was still banned from TO west #03 and miraculously got in. Surprised that my ban was over, I decided to head into the game ready to play fair and respecting all the rules. As a little way to say hello to everyone and lighten the mood I usually ask people how to play. This usually gets me some tips and then they realize I’m a high level and we all have some laughs. Well I type in chat right when I get in “how do you play this game?” as a gesture to start a conversation. I see the game is nearing the end on King’s Garden and as I look through the scoreboard I see PDK again. I decide to play legit and not cause any problems. Immediately afterwards PDK bans me again for griefing/exploiting.

I served my previous ban term and unless there’s some rule against pretending to be a noob for a few sentences which I drop after a minute I don’t see what caused me to be banned again.

Additional Comments: I don’t actually know how long the ban is so if I could get confirmation on that as well it would be nice.********************

• Hey, so, my account, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198100632969, is still banned and I don’t even know what I did to deserve a ban on almost every server. To be honest, the most offensive thing I could think of that could’ve gotten me banned was calling the guy that kept trying to vote me off the server for no reason a fa**ot. Nothing less. nothing more. I know that in order to straighten out a ban, I need the name of a specific admin that banned me, but I got no information before I was banned. No warning, no notification, just a ban the next day.

I wasn’t able to play chivalry all summer and for all I know, the ban could’ve just been a miss click. If there is some list of all the people banned and the reason for their ban, I would like to know just what got me banned. For the record, I have not cheated, griefed, hacked, exploited, or anything of the sort. I was just a regular player that got banned for who knows what.

Any information at all would be helpful, but I don’t I’ll get even a reply without an admin’s name… oh well, I guess I was banned for no reason whatsoever and just wasted $20.

• I am reposting this because I never recieved a answer on my previous appeal
    Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080402883/
    Server you were banned on: Every server

Reason for ban: Unknown (possibly simulated packetloss)

Appeal: If it was simulated packetloss I apologize, I have lagged and abused it on servers before, but only when 3/4ths or more of the people in a server were friends so it was a joke, if it is another reason I sincerely apologize for offending anyone, I have played chivalry for over 800 hours, I play it daily, I just believe a warning would be more appropriate and I do listen if I am warned, I heard you may not due warning due to people not listening but I do.

Additional Comment: I haven’t done anything or been warned for anything, I just went onto Chivalry after the new update and every server says I have been banned (which I never have and I’ve put over 800 hours into this game) and I never received any reason or warning, and I have never hacked, and anything I have said or done that would effect someone negatively I sincerely apologize for, I love chivalry I play it almost daily, I guess, in a way its my gaming life, I love the game and I just wish for whatever I did to be reconciled and I’d hope to get a warning first and I will stop whatever I was warned about. Also on steam 42 of my 49 friends I have from chivalry so I hope this can be worked out in some manner, I would like to play with my friends and my favorite game. I hope you can reconsider the decision to ban me, thank you for listening.

• @dudeface:

You’ve been banned for repeated TKing/trolling, for which you have already received in-game kicks and bans multiple times. I don’t know if you do it on purpose or if you are uncontrollably angry and retaliate to people who kill you. Either way it had to end somehow.

Hello Dudeface, I already explained the situation, I was victim of the trolling action of a ppl called Nuages. I just TKED intentionaly him, and just after he kicked me and ticked me and insulted me every single time he meet me. I am so sorry I put my self at Nuages level, that was a mistake. Every body tk accidentaly and get kicked/banned 5 minutes. EVERYONE, that means nothing. I already suggested you to put amount of team dmg dealt, instead of percent of total dmg. Cos If you miss one shot at start you will got 100 % dmg, and if u are a good killer you could tk all your team intentionaly and remain on a low percent. From my point of view I am a victim of an unfair treatment. Or some kind of discrimination here. I PM you and you told me the admin that banned me will explain me why. I think it was Misskitiana, and also PM Misskitiana begging for an answer, I already got no answer. It doesnt looks a very proffessional or mature behavior. I have played this game for years, and never got a problema. I just had a couple incidents with people that believe they are above rules and tk every one that miss a hit and dameges them. Could mention Nuages, der kosake, strigoi and hes gangbang, etc. But never tked people intentionaly just cos they hited me. I am just begging you admins to review my ban. Read chat logs or videos or what ever proof you got, in search of truth and justice.

thx for your time

• Steam ID**: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044889181/

Server you were banned on**: All Official FFA EU servers, aswell as the TO servers.

Who banned you**: Not sure who banned me.

Reason for ban**: Racism
    Your appeal****: Got banned after saying something racist which I can’t exactly remember what was. Thought I was only banned on one server as I could play on other FFA server. Some days later i’m suddenly banned on all official servers. I honestly can’t remember being racist after the first incident but I do see now how foolish i’ve been, not following the rules.**

Additional comments****: This******************** really upsets me, getting banned from my favourite game. I do understand i’ve broken the rules, I just really hope i’d get another chance.********

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• I found 15 new admins so that we could root out disgusting people from our worst community.
    Most people react normally when told to watch their language. Edgy keyboard warriors don’t. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• This post is deleted!

• @Potominkus:

Hm. ‘Most’ people? I think you mean ‘few’ or ‘barely any’. I really don’t know chivalry you play if you actually believe what you just said :/. Back to the point and to cut it short; Is there anything I can do to get unbanned?

You dont seem very …… regretfull. Im not expecting you to bow down in tears, but Ive had others be more insightful.

Regardless, I’ll make you the extremely generous offer that you can make another unban request in 4 weeks (no less) and we will reconsider your ban.

Cheers.

• Steam64 ID: 76561197993686142

Who banned you (if known): Monkeyfiend I can only assume

Reason for ban (if known): “After receiving complaints about you by several members of the public recently we checked and a previous ban for you shouldn’t have been lifted (problems with the ban system).” - still don’t quite get this quote from monkeyfiend as my only other ban was temporary in 2014. So what have I done that I don’t know about and when?

Your appeal: I haven’t heard anything back on my previous appeal. Still confused about the ban reason. I have a ban in 2014 which was temporary and I can provide a screenshot if necessary of torn banner stating that it was TEMPORARY as so over email… That ban was related to being naughty under the RK tags which I’m sure you guys probably can find but that was a long time ago and I had a temporary ban for it long since over. I haven’t done anything in 2015. I hardly play Chivalry anymore but now I can’t play it at all.

Additional comments: Need confirmation on what this is actually about and what evidence. Confused frankly.

• This post is deleted!

• @KILLBANDS:

Steam64 ID: 76561197993686142

Who banned you (if known): Monkeyfiend I can only assume

Reason for ban (if known): “After receiving complaints about you by several members of the public recently we checked and a previous ban for you shouldn’t have been lifted (problems with the ban system).” - still don’t quite get this quote from monkeyfiend as my only other ban was temporary in 2014. So what have I done that I don’t know about and when?

Your appeal: I haven’t heard anything back on my previous appeal. Still confused about the ban reason. I have a ban in 2014 which was temporary and I can provide a screenshot if necessary of torn banner stating that it was TEMPORARY as so over email… That ban was related to being naughty under the RK tags which I’m sure you guys probably can find but that was a long time ago and I had a temporary ban for it long since over. I haven’t done anything in 2015. I hardly play Chivalry anymore but now I can’t play it at all.

Additional comments: Need confirmation on what this is actually about and what evidence. Confused frankly.

After review of screenshots/evidence from the prior ban and the most recent ban, the devs have upheld this ban and it will remain permanent.

Edit: for clarification:

You were banned in late 2014 for griefing/racism etc., and then all the other stuff such as posting racist garbage on my profile, admin impersonation/abusive comments in the steam admin chat etc.,

The ban should have been permanent. However it was lifted for whatever reason, possibly an issue with the global banlist.

However you were then rebanned after I had a member of the public join admin chat to report you and hickery for racism etc., on an official server. I banned both of you.

Hickery successfully appealed the ban (probably as he had no prior infractions). However based on the actions of the prior ban (which shouldn’t have been lifted) and the current ban. The devs decided not to lift it. Hope that explains the situation, however that’s my final comment on the subject.

• @MonkeyFiend:

After review of screenshots/evidence from the prior ban and the most recent ban, the devs have upheld this ban and it will remain permanent.

What evidence of a recent ban? You told me that the recent ban was because of the old ban. I still even now don’t understand WHY I am actually banned?

edit: “reported racism with hickery” do you have screens of this? if this is my ban reason why on page 8 did you say it was because of my old ban?

• I posted this a while ago, but I still haven’t gotten a response, so I’m gonna post this again:

Steam ID:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198100632969

Server banned from: All official servers

Who banned you?: Unknown

Reason for ban: Unknown

Your appeal: While I do not necessarily expect to get unbanned any time soon, I do, however, want an explanation as to why I was banned. From what I can assume, I was banned overnight, so I was not given any warning or notification from any admin. At the very least, I want an explanation as to why I am banned. This was really a shock to me this morning, as I was not aware of anything I had said or done would be considered as misbehavior. If I don’t get my ban lifted, I at least want to know exactly what the reason is to be punished so swiftly and extremely as I was

• This post is deleted!

• Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:123785630

Who banned you: Unknown.

Reason for ban: Unknown.

Your appeal: I don’t know why I was banned exactly. I do remember accidentally leaving my VPN (proxy) on so that might have caused the ban, I only tried to go on the official servers and it now says that I’m banned, (but no vac or anything). If I did something I would like to know what it was because I haven’t played this game for months. If it is due to my proxy use I would like an unban so I can be able to play the game again (won’t use it of course), thanks.