Release-Ready Polish

• The game is playing great and it’s a lot of fun. It looks like you have decent stability in 32 player servers on all TO maps, weapon unlocks seem to be working, and weapon and class balance are a satisfactory start that can be tweaked after release. I think there’s only a few scrubs of polish left to make before this thing should go gold. This game is more stable right now than half the AAA multiplayer games out there when they are first released, so from a technical standpoint I think the game is ready. Here’s a few things that I think should be addressed before going gold:

–------------

The Agatha/Mason team is.
    Probably my current favourite existential statement. Your team celebrates their victory by simply making a statement that they are. But in the end, isn’t that all that really matters?

End of Round Scores
    Let’s get that staying up for a good 15+ seconds to give us a chance to boast or lament in chat after intimately battling for 30 minutes.

Javelin/Bowman shooting bug
    The bow multi-shot bug (maybe fixed already?) and javelin bug where if you sprint and throw at the same time or something it’ll bug out and not work until you die and respawn. Also my archer doesn’t doesn’t seem to have a battlecry when holding the javelin, but does when holding bow or crossbow (not a release concern!).

Catapult death symbol
    Sometimes it takes me a couple seconds to figure out how that bowman killed 4 of us in one shot.

General Objective Map bugs
    Just make sure the Kill the King, Sluice Door bugs, etc. are resolved for the most part.

–---------------------

I can’t really think of anything else that couldn’t wait for a patch in the weeks after release. Help me out, what else really needs to get done before release and shouldn’t wait for a later patch?

• Developer

@Secundus:

Javelin/Bowman shooting bug
    The bow multi-shot bug (maybe fixed already?)

The auto-firing bug? I believe the last patch (2) fixed it. Definitely not happening in the current one.

and javelin bug where if you sprint and throw at the same time or something it’ll bug out and not work until you die and respawn.

The javelin bug thread mentions two new bugs that don’t outright break it (auto-firing and low sensitivity). No one has mentioned yours yet though. Is that affecting the current patch (there were two javelin breaking bugs that were fixed), and if so, how did you trigger it?

Also my archer doesn’t doesn’t seem to have a battlecry when holding the javelin, but does when holding bow or crossbow (not a release concern!).

Yep, known.

General Objective Map bugs
    Just make sure the Kill the King, Sluice Door bugs, etc. are resolved for the most part.

We haven’t seen the king objective glitch out since a fix was implemented (which is in this build). IIRC there’s a fix for some sluice gate weirdness too.