Archers

• I’ve recently played a match with my clan against another clan and I’ve noticed the impact that several good archers can make in a serious match. Aren’t the post-patch bows and crossbows a little bit too easy to hit considering the damage and the psychological distress they cause?

• Good archers can make a huge difference to an organised match. However being ‘too easy to hit’ can be mitigated: if you’re facing a team with lots of archers, use classes with shields. You’ll still get hit, but it drastically reduces the impact of a spread of archers

• Archering is easy atm. Even I can get 3:1 ratios on public and I suck as an archer. In scrims it’s a bit different obviously, but still…. :/

• Reload time for xbows should be a bit longer.

• I mean competitive archers that can consistently hit hs at a quarter of a map away in MAAs.

• Archers are biggest game changers in competitive matches. It’s pretty silly considering most people are playing melee classes.

• Considering an archer’s potential output and comparing it to any melee class’ output shouldn’t the class be balanced?

• If archers were OP then everyone would be archers and the team with the most archers would always win. That’s not what’s happening.

• @Xylvion:

If archers were OP then everyone would be archers and the team with the most archers would always win. That’s not what’s happening.

No, but one archer can decide the whole match while one vanguard is not able to do that

• Also, the archer doesn’t even need to hit or kill. The sheer pressure of being under one’s crosshair is enough to diminish a player’s combat potential; and the capability to render someone nearly useless - one or to hits before death whilst facing an healthy opponent - are simply too good for someone that doesn’t risk anything besides ammo for it.

• @afiNity:

@Xylvion:

If archers were OP then everyone would be archers and the team with the most archers would always win. That’s not what’s happening.

No, but one archer can decide the whole match while one vanguard is not able to do that

Surely you can counter a good archer with… A good archer?

• Yes you can counter but not nullify. It’s not that visible in pugs with full servers, but in 5v5 matches on archer changes everything. Too strong imho.

• Well I think the archers should actually get a good point to use the bodkin arrows. You can still twohit a vanguard with the broadhead. the only class that the bodkin actually has a point to use against is the knight.
    I think the arrows should do a bit less damage. At least the vanguard should take one hit more to die by arrows, because he is the only class without a shield. He’s the most vulnerable to the archers.
    Archers play a support role. And good archers in teamgames actually PLAY that support role. But most of the archers are just raising their kill count.
    All you need is a little practice in aiming and you’ll dominate the battlefield (if there isn’t an even better archer).
    Not to mention the archers strength in melee combat. Force an archer to melee combat? Haha! He’ll laugh at you after he ran around you three times, spamming the left mouse button with his dagger.

• Light xbow is da best.
    Been enjoying using it as a support weapon.

• Personally when my team is being harassed by archers I move in to dispose of them.
    Being an ‘all time’ Jav player I know, that getting close is what archers hate.
    So do just that, flank them and dodge while you progress. If they land a kill shot? “Well done! Good shot!” If not? Poke them HARD in the eye!
    The idea is to push the Javelin ‘through’ the person, not just touch them. ;-)

Bring up the shield and get close.
    That’s your best bet.

With love,

Baron Von Bug Duck