The Rules of Duel Mode

• 1. Thou shalt not use the stun dodge bug.
    2. Thou shalt not attack to parry.
    3. Thou shalt not lookdown overhead.
    4. Thou shalt not use the norse sword as a knight against other knights.
    5. Thou shalt not use the machine gun bearded axe glitch.

Failure to comply will result in a votekick.

If you appreciate these rules, use this referral code when you votekick someone: Rules.

If you appreciate these rules, when you see the referral code used, vote yes to any votekick.

Discuss.

• @trooper:

1. Thou shalt not use the stun dodge bug.

OP is a scrub.

• @Vintskel:

I woudl agree with vintskel here :P Stun dodge is a bug/glitch and exploited by many. The others are intended game mechanics. All of the above sounds to me like:

“I AM A SHIELD USER AND YOU SHALL NOT DRAIN MY STAMINA BY SPAMMING MY SHIELD, NEITHER SHALL YOU STAB AROUND MY SHIELD WITH THE NORSE SWORD, NEITHER SHALL YOU STOP ME FROM TRADING WITH YOU BY USING FEINT PARRY AND/OR INTERUPTING ME WITH A NORSE”

• As someone with 10000 total duels, I can understand your arguments quite clearly however…

Lookdown overhead is not intended. It was something of an oversight by developers. It turns INTENDED slow weapons like zwei, into deadly nigh instant weapons of doom.

Machine gun bearded axe is a glitch a lot like the stun dodge bug. It’s faster than any attack possible.

Norse sword as a knight against other knights is simply to make knight battles less exploitative. It wasn’t designed to be so exploitative in its nature.

Attack to parry cuts off a legitimate attack tactic avenue of hit trading. It wasn’t intended by the developers.

In fact none of the above were intended by the developers and they make duel mode a rather soft soggy bog of exploitation. Using the stun dodge bug is equivalent to using any of the abusive tactics listed above as much as using the abusive tactics listed above is equivalent to using the stun dodge bug.

I was hoping a patch would fix most of these things before long before any kind of rules could be drafted up and issued to players. Since Torn Banner seem disinterested in releasing patch, I have no choice but to draft these rules and hope that players use them to discourage the usage of these underhanded tactics that currently deflate duel mode’s fun like cancer.

• @trooper:

As someone with 10000 total duels, I can understand your arguments quite clearly however…

Lookdown overhead is not intended. It was something of an oversight by developers. It turns INTENDED slow weapons like zwei, into deadly nigh instant weapons of doom.

Machine gun bearded axe is a glitch a lot like the stun dodge bug. It’s faster than any attack possible.

Norse sword as a knight against other knights is simply to make knight battles less exploitative. It wasn’t designed to be so exploitative in its nature.

Attack to parry cuts off a legitimate attack tactic avenue of hit trading. It wasn’t intended by the developers.

In fact none of the above were intended by the developers and they make duel mode a rather soft soggy bog of exploitation. Using the stun dodge bug is equivalent to using any of the abusive tactics listed above as much as using the abusive tactics listed above is equivalent to using the stun dodge bug.

I was hoping a patch would fix most of these things before long before any kind of rules could be drafted up and issued to players. Since Torn Banner seem disinterested in releasing patch, I have no choice but to draft these rules and hope that players use them to discourage the usage of these underhanded tactics that currently deflate duel mode’s fun like cancer.

I’m not gonna argue, the game is what it is. But I’m going to say this though: Using hit trading as a tactic to beat people is a horrible idea, you will never beat good players that way :P Also: the devs removed COMBO feint to parry because it allowed people to bypass the release cooldown. Then instead they implemented panic parry (that is stamina costly) to still keep the defensive option. So I think your guesswork what the devs intended or not is a bit off here.

• @trooper:

Totally argee with Vintskel…

Stun dodge bug is a bug. The rest are gamemechanics and using them doesn’t make you break any rules (except for servers that clearly disallow it).

I got other rules for you:

2. Thou shalt not flame.
    3. Thou shalt respect your opponent.
    4. Thou shalt not rape, teabag, dismember corpses of honorable opponents.
    5. Thou shalt not attack an opponent while he does the battlecry or is bowing to you.

• @trooper:

What do you mean by that? The incredible fast overheads?
    That’s not really a glitch, just bad animations. Imo even worse are the slash ripostes of the spear weapons, one can just hope TB will do something about that (lol).

But I agree with Vint, you can’t kick someone for playing the game the way he likes it or developers intended.

• these are not the rules for duel mode but the rules for scrubs

how can people still whine about lookdowns…

• The zwei has a good lookdown OH?

• The only rule is: do not to cheat/exploit.

• OP should stop spreading nonsense. http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … 9240937998

“Leanbacks and accelerated attacks are part of the real time strikes, as are drags.”

Also, your “attack to parry” was put into the game after CFtP was removed. You’ll find the notes for the relevant patch here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14801

“Now able to parry in attack recovery - costs 25 stamina”

Oh and ya OP is a scrub

• @?B:

OP should stop spreading nonsense. http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … 9240937998

“Leanbacks and accelerated attacks are part of the real time strikes, as are drags.”

Also, your “attack to parry” was put into the game after CFtP was removed. You’ll find the notes for the relevant patch here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14801

“Now able to parry in attack recovery - costs 25 stamina”

Oh and ya OP is a scrub

This ‘Opening Poster’ as you so delightfully describe as a scrub has over 10000 total duels and has won over 8000 of those 10000 duels. So I’d start showing a little more respect.

I am simply frustrated at the number of cheap tactics that people with solid technique like myself have to face on a daily basis. People should be training basic technique, not using and focusing on silly gimmicks that hopefully will be patched out of the game soon.

• Trooper you’re so fucking dumb and aren’t even good. Just l2p and then come back to the forums.

• well that escalated quickly

• @trooper:

This ‘Opening Poster’ as you so delightfully describe as a scrub has over 10000 total duels and has won over 8000 of those 10000 duels. So I’d start showing a little more respect.

I am simply frustrated at the number of cheap tactics that people with solid technique like myself have to face on a daily basis. People should be training basic technique, not using and focusing on silly gimmicks that hopefully will be patched out of the game soon.

Your technique is not solid. All you do is wait for someone to attack far away enough from you and you attack back, counting on that your heavy damage weapon will out dps them and win. It’s a very bad technique that is incredibly easy to do (lots of beginners do it as well).

If you want to see his ‘solid technique’ in action, its here in this video below vs Supreme Dalek (trooper) ^^ and what I’m doing against him is what he calls a ‘cheap technique’. I’m not even using a technique, I’m just randomly playing lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p … 3QLc#t=349 (5:48)

• @kywild:

If you want to see his ‘solid technique’ in action, its here in this video below vs Supreme Dalek (trooper) ^^ and what I’m doing against him is what he calls a ‘cheap technique’. I’m not even using a technique, I’m just randomly playing lol.

OP is Supreme Dalek?
    Warhammer, tower shield and feints.

@trooper:

I am simply frustrated at the number of cheap tactics that people with solid technique like myself have to face on a daily basis.

He won two times until I learned his “solid technique”. Then I killed him two rounds without even getting a scratch and he ragequitted. And that was with a two-handed longsword and no feints.

I don’t know what a scrub is, but you certainly are one.

• @kywild:

@trooper:

Your technique is not solid. All you do is wait for someone to attack far away enough from you and you attack back, counting on that your heavy damage weapon will out dps them and win. It’s a very bad technique that is incredibly easy to do (lots of beginners do it as well).

I can fight with many weapons.

Longsword, Messer, Bearded Axe, Norse Sword, Broad Sword, Falchion, Quarterstaff, maul, grand mace…

Hell I even spent my learning curve of the game as a heavy crossbowman with a saber…

I just find that warhammer + kite shield with a combination of feint shield bashing and the occasional hit trade is my most brutally effective way of racking up the kills. I’m not a one trick pony.

As to the other guy… If you can’t even get my setup right… Warhammer + KITE SHIELD (not tower shield)… How can you even say you’ve beaten me? Oh that’s right, you can’t.

However let’s say for argument’s sake that you did actually beat me. Bad news pal, you were beaten twice before as you have already admitted. My concentration falters after a while.

On top of all of that… I haven’t faked my duelling stats… It really is 8000 duel wins and 2500 duel losses. Most of my losses were from early on when I was still learning. You know how I’ve racked up those 8000 duel wins? Defeating countless MAA’s, vanguards and knights using my own strategies and sometimes borrowed techniques.

I’ve beaten several elite rank 45+ players, I have a couple of RK members on farm at the moment. I adapt, I change my play-style over time.

I am just finding all the exploitation techniques developed by other players rather tedious to fight against recently. My own skill is not in question and never will be. I am a firm believer in developer intended gameplay.

• @trooper:

On top of all of that… I haven’t faked my duelling stats… It really is 8000 duel wins and 2500 duel losses.

I’ve beaten several elite rank 45+ players, I have a couple of RK members on farm at the moment. I adapt, I change my play-style over time.

E-peen level:

???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ??? ?? ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

Edited into a pretty castle by USER. It still has your team flag in it too!

• @rumpelstiltskin:

The only rule is: do not to cheat/exploit.

dodge stun is the definition of exploiting.

• They’re never patching drags or lookdowns out of the game. Get over yourself.