Deadliest Warrior Features Converted to Medieval Warfare?

• Good evening squires.
    If you are like me, you’ve been testing out the Beta and probably have seen some very interesting new abilities, features and elements!

Now tbh, I think this could well take over Chivalry Medieval Warfare as the staple for most people who are apart of this community. Maybe it’s because I’ve played that one for 800 + hours and am simply worn out, and i need of something new!

Anyway, I dont know how this may effect ‘Deadliest Warrior’ in terms of being more ‘unique’ from its Medieval Warfare counter part, but I saw some very interesting features which could be ‘shared’ and reused to perhaps provide more content, more things to do and maybe just make people happy!

Okay so lets get started.

1. Pirate’s Rum (Regen) > Water Bottle/Beer

As we know the Pirate’s Taunt in Deadliest Warrior enables him to drink his rum, and have his health regeneration accelerated. The trade off his vision is impaired thus making it harder to react/read attacks and overall a decrease in awareness.

So who knows maybe this could make an appearance for melee classes, it may replace their tertiary/secondary slots. (Make this a consumable) Could be very interesting, I know I would love that as a vanguard who is constantly arched and healing in the corner :D

2. Spartan’s Sarissa offhand Shield > Vanguard Spearmen Shield

The Spartan has a small shield which in some way, reduces the chances of arrows piercing your neck. It can also be used ‘similarly to a buckler’ when your secondary 1hander is taken out.

This simply provides an option for Spear Vanguards to limit archer fire, but maybe even enable an entire new way of fighting in close quarter, which of course provides new opportunities and possibilities. Which is always good imo. The shield can be selectable, and replaces a throw able in the tertiary slot?

3. Knight can use Heater Shields > Knight has an extra shield option?

I know players have been asking for this for a while, well Torn Bananas have finally gotten around to doing it, so why not add it back into stock Chiv? Again, it’s only a small difference between the Kites & Heaters but this would make people extremely happy just being able to get an ‘extra’ option in regards to their shield.

4. Knights get Vanguard Great Helms > Knights can Wear Great helms! lol :D

Hardly changes the game all that much and gives Knights more options to look badass. I dont think it will confuse people all that much as the 'Knight Models differ greatly from Vanguard to Knight. It’s small things like this which I think people like me really enjoy. This seems like a very easy transfer imo. That being said, not exactly necessary… but hell why not?

I need to go afk atm, but I’ll add more when I get back! I have some other cool ideas for transfer! :D

• I did wonder about the knight stuff after going through all his gear and customization.

I know people wanted to use the heater shield with the flail instead of the buckler, and I was surprised at how well those vanguard helmets worked with the knight.

• 2 and 3 maybe. But not the other ones.

• I would like to see a Spartan-like one hand spear and shield user in vanilla chiv and/or the Sarissa style shield.

Also the animation for ninja rolling looks soooooo much better than the MaA dodge. I don’t want to see MaAs rolling around but a better animated double step would go a long way.

• @Dr:

I would like to see a Spartan-like one hand spear and shield user in vanilla chiv and/or the Sarissa style shield.

Also the animation for ninja rolling looks soooooo much better than the MaA dodge. I don’t want to see MaAs rolling around but a better animated double step would go a long way.

Yeah, I would like to see a spear-and-shield combo in vanilla Chivalry, rather one-handed spear + shield than having a passive shield with a two-handed grip though. It could be like how the Knight can only get the buckler if he uses the flail, the Vanguard can only get the shield if he uses the spear. Although the spear in vanilla Chivalry is said to be too OP, it probably is because I use it and I am a sucker for using OP stuff because my skills are rather average.

Sure, it’s the only class who doesn’t have a shield, who is unique in that he only uses big two-handed weapons and is very vulnerable to archers, and that with an added option of a shield for that class might… anger some people because now Vanguards aren’t archer bait anymore… well, as I said, it comes only with the spear and it replaces smoke pots (which are quite effective against archers as well, just wish they actually lasted longer.)

About the MaA dodge, I agree I want a better animated dodge. Currently, he’s doing like the fastest and stiffest jump ever. While it’s much less like teleporting than it was before, it still looks somewhat off in the animation. It’s most likely because it is as fast as it is, humans generally don’t move that fast instantaneously.

Personally I think dodge should act more like it does in, say, Alan Wake. Except it’s not in slow-motion. Big guy with axe shows up, he swings it at you. In Alan Wake, the character automatically duck and dodge away from the attack if you press a key in the right moment. I am thinking something similar in Chivalry, except you still use all the directional keys for a dodge. I mean that your character’s dodge is interactive with the enemy character’s attack. But I guess that’s something to think about for Chivalry 2, if they ever want to do that.

• I feel that since archers have a pilum, a class in Chivalry should be able to wield a pilum and scutum in the position of spear and shield. This would be fit for a heavier class in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare but unfitting in Deadliest Warrior, as it does not fit any class well. Forgive me if that was already said in the Roman thread already on this board.

The idea of fluid regenerating health seems perfectly viable. Masons could probably drink mead or something of the sort, while Agathians could drink something more civilized like energy drinks water.

I like the thought of having another choice as knight, as kite doesn’t feel like its covering enough (the sides) and tower feels too heavy. However, I feel like it should have something new rather than the heater, like the aforementioned scutum.

The universal helmets would be a good idea for knights, but I feel it should be limited or with its own aspects to keep classes different. For example, different colours; the modpack Floris for Mount&Blade has red great helmet, yellow great, horned great, red winged great, and a sugarloaf helmet.

• We should also allow the throwing of certain weapons like in DW. IE spears and hatchets should be able to be thrown.

• If you bring a bunch of stuff from DW to MW, why would people buy DW?

• @Daiyuki:

If you bring a bunch of stuff from DW to MW, why would people buy DW?