Poll: Combo-feint-to-Parry

• @SlyGoat:

@fvonb:

Can someone explain the situation for a layman/noob? I don’t seem to get it.
    My understanding right now: CFTP allowed you to parry in recovery. Panic parry does the same.

CFTP allowed you to continuously combo, and stop your combo at any time to parry an attack.

It also allowed heavier classes to beat maa’s in duels.

• Keep it the way it is now. A move that allows you to make up for any mistake is ridicolous and shouldn’t be in the game.

• @Xylvion:

Keep it the way it is now. A move that allows you to make up for any mistake is ridicolous and shouldn’t be in the game.

Like the dodge? Cftp takes timing and skill to be performed.

• Spamming attacks IE combo spamming without thought it not skillful, if you are going to miss then don’t combo. The current system helps add a reason to not always combo, prepatch there was no reason not to besides having zero stamina. Attacking prepatch was the more defensive option, because you bypassed recovery. You must attack to be defensive. How does that make sense?

• @SlyGoat:

CFTP allowed you to continuously combo, and stop your combo at any time to parry an attack.

I need further explanation, I can stop combos in live now as well. And then I can parry.

@?B:

It also allowed heavier classes to beat maa’s in duels.

Why?

I’m not trying to defend anything, I really don’t understand it but would like to.

• @Xylvion:

Keep it the way it is now. A move that allows you to make up for any mistake is ridicolous and shouldn’t be in the game.

Yep, this ^ +1.
    OP should have this in the poll.

• @giantyak:

@Xylvion:

Yep, this ^ +1.
    OP is a bit of a Nimrod for not having this in the poll.

Last option?

• @fvonb:

@SlyGoat:

I need further explanation, I can stop combos in live now as well. And then I can parry.

They added like a 0.4s delay to CFtP so you couldn’t feint a combo and instantly parry. You can only CFtP if you notice it early enough.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@giantyak:

@Xylvion:

Yep, this ^ +1.
    OP is a bit of a Nimrod for not having this in the poll.

Last option?

…I’m eating humble pie :?

• Really the one thing that could make the current mechanics better is if panic parry and combo parry acted the same. Same stamina cost, both can riposte.

Live is the poll option closest to that so…

• I don’t really care that much about the stamina, but sword fighting was more fun with CFtP.

• I’m just playing with the idea of panic parry -> riposte and it’d be interesting but is rewarding towards thoughtless attacks.
    I think riposte and fast weapons need balancing against some of the slower weapons. Eg the longsword. Having a massive damage ratio but really bad K:D ratio in TO is very frustrating.

• @Xylvion:

Except that panic parry is literally a move to make up for mistakes, just alot easier then CftP and every noobie can do it by just mashing right mouse button after a miss without even knowing the mechanics.

@Knil:

Spamming attacks IE combo spamming without thought it not skillful, if you are going to miss then don’t combo. The current system helps add a reason to not always combo, prepatch there was no reason not to besides having zero stamina. Attacking prepatch was the more defensive option, because you bypassed recovery. You must attack to be defensive. How does that make sense?

Well the current system pretty much is a “1 attack dont combo” meta, especially looking at the viable competitive weapons. I dont know if thats any better, especially coupled with how broken man at arms is right now and how many weapons are total crap because of this change.

I always thought it was skillfull to 1vN while having to combo feint parry and aim your parries to survive. The current system is harder, but not because people got better or something like that, but because the game restricts you now artificially.

I dont know whats skillfull about panic parry. Nothing.

• Oh yeah. Bring back that tasty CFTP ;)

• :o
    No to cftp.
    Much better now - without the ninjas.

• @Knil:

Spamming attacks IE combo spamming without thought it not skillful, if you are going to miss then don’t combo. The current system helps add a reason to not always combo, prepatch there was no reason not to besides having zero stamina. Attacking prepatch was the more defensive option, because you bypassed recovery. You must attack to be defensive. How does that make sense?

Right now, it is better to be forced to miss, and then, to be forced to parry. How illuminating.

• @Masaru:

Like the dodge? Cftp takes timing and skill to be performed.

I’m not a fan of dodge myself, but you can still reach people who dodge backwards (depending on your weapon obviously), or if you manage to hit before their hitbox is moved.
    I don’t see how it takes skill or timing to parry whenever you see the opponent attack, it’s even easier than standing still and parrying, because you also got a chance of dealing damage to the opponent.

@Crushed:
    Panic parry was annoying when it was new. But if you use it you lose a shitload of stamina so there’s that. Also the so called skills that you speak of involve dragging or knowing when to attack and when the enemy is blocking. I don’t think you should have any problems at all against noobs using panic parry, just delay your swing or feint and you’ll be fine.

• @Xylvion

I was never annoyed by panic parry or had trouble to deal with it. It’s extremely easy to counter, same as CftP.

My problem with it is that it removes player control which made the game feel alot more… sluggish back then when it was changed, now even still after getting used to it.

Its the simple fact that a mechanic that made sense with the base mechanics (feint and parry) to perform was dumbed down into a single button mash mechanic that encourages rightclick spam after you miss.

I’m not even going to talk about the new Combo parry. Queuing parries is absolutely ridicoulus, what were they thinking.

• Really? ANOTHER CFtP poll thread?

This is basically just necro-ing the same thread that was made 4 threads ago, every goddamn month or two.

@CRUSHED:

Queuing parries is absolutely ridicoulus, what were they thinking.

Queueing things in chivalry? Oh my, what were they thinking…… much like queueing attacks? :o

• The difference is that queueing attacks is not a guessing game.