Poll: Combo-feint-to-Parry

• People dont transfer to only playing chiv+ for the same reasons anti-feint ppl don’t transition to nofeint mod. i agree with HaHawk he puts me in the upper right quadrant with a lot of arousal.

• As much as I like cftp, I must say I think it makes the game easier rather than harder which most of you appear to be stating.
    What gives?

• @B4RK:

As much as I like cftp, I must say I think it makes the game easier rather than harder which most of you appear to be stating.
    What gives?

CFtP was easy to pull off, just like dragging, feinting, aiming, everything in the game when you break it down is easy to do. But it’s all really hard to master. To make the full use of CFtP you had to have incredible situational awareness that you could only achieve through hundreds of hours of play time, along with a high reaction speed that you have to develop.

CFtP allowed you to take on multiple opponents at the same time, not because it was easy to take on multiple opponents. It was simply a tool to allowed very skilled players to use it.

• I agree with everything you say except that you must be very skilled to truly take advantage of it. Ever since I completely replaced live chivalry with Chivalry+, I never even let my weapon go into the recovery state, lol. Also, you really don’t nee hundreds of hours to have a good sixth sense. ^^

Panic parry instead of CFTP just slows the game down, especially in those situations described. But there’s no point bringing cftp back in live, if you ask me, there’s too much that should be reverted.

• You can take on multiple opponents with Live, CftP made it easier and allowed for recovering from surprise attacks. Now you have to be more aware of the situation before entering the 1vmany. Once you do enter, movement and awareness of your surroundings is the key to winning a 1vmany. You need room to move and maneuver your enemies to your liking.

Panic Parry is pretty crap, it just drags out a fight. I find any opponent of mine that panic parries eventually dies, or I force them to panic parry a couple of times to eliminate their stamina, this is mostly as MAA. So in other words, panic parry makes life easier for MAA ironically.

• @Toll:

So in other words, panic parry makes life easier for MAA ironically.

I disagree. Before you couldn’t even parry during a recovery so a good MaA would punish you anyway with a quick dodge to the side so you would miss your attack. Panic parry now is a sort of reset of the fight at the cost of extra stamina to the person who parried.

Instead of a MaA who would punish someone missing their swing, players have been given a choice to at least hold their own against the superior speed of the MaA. People just make the mistake of using panic parry more than once, which is likely more than half your stamina gone.

Before it was get hit by the MaA because you missed. Today its sacrifice stamina to block the attack minus no riposte.

Takes away from footwork/dodging/ducking for all classes but especially the MaA.

• @B4RK:

But there’s no point bringing cftp back in live, if you ask me, there’s too much that should be reverted.

There was no point in making fundamental changes to the core mechanics of the game after it had been out for that long, but that didn’t stop TB, either.

• @Toll:

You can take on multiple opponents with Live

lolno

when its 2v1 and i time my attack so i dont attack the same moment as my teammate you are fucked no matter what

cftp was a great mechanic that made the game smooth and fun to play

it opened up possibilities for good players to survive tough situations and it opened up possibilities how to kill people

yes it was easy to pull of sure, against noobs, but hitting consistent CFTPs against good players in heated situations was a hard thing to master.

i loved this mechanic, it make the game feel so smooth

i had such a flow with CFTP i could go on any pub and go 30-0 with my eyes closed and even survive 7v1 in LTS etc

thats just how high the skill ceiling was

now the skill ceiling got dumped and two scrublords can come at me and attack unsynced to each other and im fucked unless i try to do unreliable stuff like ducking / dancing etc

really sucks man, rip chivalry they wont reimplement it ever because tibberius is a dickhead who wont listen to advice

even I used to be a CFTP hater like some people out there, thought it was an exploit because when people were finding out about it it shat all over my playstyle (morningstar and punish misses)

the more i played and the better i got i realized how much good it did for the game and its balance overall, i guess the cftp haters are just clueless low skilled players which is true 90% of the time.

• Speaking of sore losers who cry about feints…

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219757627

He was mad because we dueled a few times and I beat him every time. Only because I used feints apparently, god forbid it has anything to do with my skill.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219757607

Cries about my feints again, and then someone else says “Yeah, Flippy is known for that.”

Are you fucking kidding me? I’m now known to use a mechanic that’s taught in the tutorial? Remember these are members from competitive clans, who we scrim.

Then they come up with the excuse “Well feints are fine in scrims and stuff, but in duels it’s just cheap and unfair.” Bullshit. It’s just as fair as it is in team play. You’re just mad because I killed you, get over it. You don’t see me making excuses when I die.

You know the really sickening part about all this? When these clans get recruits, they’re going to spread their “feints are OP” propaganda to the new recruits, and eventually the whole comp scene (if it’s still alive by then) will all hate feints. It’s a grim, pathetic future, and really reflects on how casual gamers have become.

• Flippy you better teabag these feint whiners.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Flippy you better teabag these feint whiners.

I already have a bad enough rep as that guy who feints in duels.

• @Flippy:

I already have a bad enough rep as that guy who feints in duels.

A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep.

When the sheep have the ability to hide behind a wall, the lion will have no food.

If I be an ass to them, which I would, they would just refuse to scrim us at all. It has happened before.