Poll: Combo-feint-to-Parry

• if cftp came back it should be a very small window of time where you can parry so a person who combo’d inappropriately can be punished but usage of proper spacing can give the combo-er a parry (much like combo to parry except with slightly more user control)

it would be stupid as hell if someone whiffed an attack in front of my face, went into a combo and then parried the swing punishing his combo without predicting/reacting to it early using combo parry

cftp is probably one of the reasons why a lot of people i’ve dueled don’t pay that much attention to spacing

• So you prefer a prediction based mind game over a reflex thing?

• you can feint Cftp easypeasy just like you can feint panic parries

• @RushSecond:

Oh please. Really all you needed was inside knowledge and some muscle memory. TB just cut out the fat.

Its called learning curve. It made sense with the base mechanics.

Anyway people who complained about combo feint to parry being op or whatever like you never played against someone who consistently countered it.

It was never op or strong in high level duels. When you did it against someone who knew what he was doing, you were fucked, free hit and massive stamina loss.

It was just awesome for group fights, it made the game very fast and awesome, smooth combat.

• CFTP wasn’t really about duels. Duels are still okay without it. It merely made fighting more than two players viable. A more fluid form of combat to be sure.

• @Crysack:

If you make the mistake of attempting to combo someone and a second guy comes along and takes a swing at you, you have no choice but to just take the hit because there’s no way to cancel out.

That’s not making a mistake of comboing, that’s making the mistake of being out of position.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Crysack:

If you make the mistake of attempting to combo someone and a second guy comes along and takes a swing at you, you have no choice but to just take the hit because there’s no way to cancel out.

That’s not making a mistake of comboing, that’s making the mistake of being out of position.

but but what about dodge?

• can’t dodge during a combo.

• I meant that dodge forces you to be out of position :3

• crushed is right.

• @CRUSHED:

I meant that dodge forces you to be out of position :3

dodge forces you to be in a 1v2 situation?

• Dodge makes MaA able to force his presence upon a troubled knight ;)

There is no way for Knight already in melee to be able to position himself or run away from MaA if he wants to join a fight. MaA can easily force flanking or just deny possibility to maneuver to save position. With current mechanics Knights have almost no tools (except large HP pool) to deal with MaA. Especially in group fights where they have to deal with different opponents too.

What about Knight having more stamina too? :D

• @Ciastooh:

stuff

That’s what the rest of your team is for. Knights should be keeping up the pressure in the front lines.

• @Ciastooh:

@RushSecond:

If you can’t beat someone that “doesn’t know what they are doing” that’s your fault. Although, contrary to what you think, they DO know what they are doing; pretty sure their left click to attack and then right click to block is fully on purpose.

Purely you like it.
    You like the idea that you can bypass recovery after unsuccessful attack and block incoming well timed and placed attack.
    It doesn’t matter for you that the opponent had to play with footwork to force you to miss cause you can freely block his logical attempt to punish your miss.

I am nobody to say what should or shouldn’t be done. I am not a developer here.
    But I can see logic and mechanics that cater to skillful play and panic block is not. You do not have to know anything about timings, footwork or anything when you swing and see enemy closing in behind your swing and just spam parry to get a panic one. CFTP? You had to know what you are doing and what is happening around you to time it correctly.
    Dumped down it is, can’t deny it.
    At least it has higher stamina cost.

But… you can bypass recovery now and block the “well timed and placed attack” because of panic parry… Your argument is invalid, they just hated the idea of people comboing and then blocking for some reason.

• 2013 October
    still talking about panic parry

• @enicalyhT:

2013 October

2492 July
    still using meme arrows

• @enicalyhT:

2013 October

Just because this mechanic has been in the game for 3 months now, does not mean that it’s not a terrible mechanic

• There won’t be any more balance twerks implented into Chivalry before DW is out. This was confirmed to me in-game by a dev, and also confirmed by logic. They are busy with DW atm, simple as that.

Also, since casuals are more than pro players in this game, TBS want the casuals to feel better, safer and more comfortable because that will prompt more casuals to buy the game - that’s why they have the panic parry (mainly). To prevent you from getting hit after catastrophically missing a hit in empty air, which was something casuals tended to do quite often which gave the pro players an upper hand.

• I thought you didn’t care about live anymore crushed
    I think TB will eventually realize restricting players isn’t fun after everyone is playing FunMod instead

FunMod is still going in isn’t it?

• @BB:

I thought you didn’t care about live anymore crushed
    I think TB will eventually realize restricting players isn’t fun after everyone is playing FunMod instead

FunMod is still going in isn’t it?

Disbanded months ago. Due to lack of interest and lazy developers.

• I declare thy’s new nickname to be Backwards Son.