Poll: Combo-feint-to-Parry

• BB, it will come out when TB releases the sdk.

When that happens? Nobody knows.

• Oh well then I would kindly ask TB to leave as I am very cross right now and I do not wish to gaze upon them

• It is funny that some people are concerning themselves about in tiny piece of the game.

Hate to break it to you, there are no changes coming.

• @gregcau:

Pretty sure Crushed knows how adamantly TB refused the council on this
    You don’t listen to top players like Height you sure as hell are gonna close your ears to the majority too

He’s probably just gauging the percentage of people that will stop playing Live after SDK is released

• @BB:

@gregcau:

Pretty sure Crushed knows how adamantly TB refused the council on this
    You don’t listen to top players like Height you sure as hell are gonna close your ears to the majority too

He’s probably just gauging the percentage of people that will stop playing Live after SDK is released

They moved on, they made their decision. Community should move on too.

• @gregcau:

Community should move on too.

Lol I would LOVE to
    SDK needs to be released to do that though
    I’m moving on from Live and from TB’s shit balance decisions :3

• Panic parry is totally backwards competitive design, and the game is considerably worse as long as it exists.

When someone is using, say a Maul, and they take a swing at you, but misjudge the timing or just flat out miss, logically you should be rewarded with a free hit while they’re reeling in their incredibly long recovery animation, right? They should be punished for such a screwup, no? Apparently not, because panic parry allows them to mash right click and immediately parry out of their attack recovery no matter what. Panic parry removes whiff-punishing from the game entirely, basically removing all risk involved in missing attacks, and making skilled footwork pretty much useless.

I don’t really see the problem with a system where you can feint into a parry out of the startup of the second swing of a combo, but you should NEVER be able to defend out of the recovery of a whiffed swing. Imagine you’re playing Street Fighter and you block your opponent’s heavy Shoryuken, but when you try to punish it he can for some reason block during the move’s recovery. It would be basically the same thing as the panic parry in this game. The game is just not that fun when I can make my opponent whiff a swing, but the mechanics fail to punish him for his mistake or reward me for my superior play. I have no idea what they were thinking with this.

• @Eclipsing:

Panic parry is totally backwards competitive design, and the game is considerably worse as long as it exists.

meh, it makes noobs harder to kill so I like it

as long as it’s something that doesn’t make my gaming experience easier I’m all aboard

• @gregcau:

They moved on, they made their decision. Community should move on too.

They did move on. They moved on and didn’t look back. 8-)

• @omg87:

They did move on. They moved on and didn’t look back. 8-)

too bad too
    they would have noticed everyone left

SURPRISINGLY, people who are good at the game, know what’s better than people who are terrible
    I certainly wouldn’t have realized that without this little experience
    no siree

I didn’t know that little nugget of knowledge because I’m an idiot
    but now I know, and now I’m less of an idiot C:
    yaaaaay

• @SlyGoat:

@fvonb:

Can someone explain the situation for a layman/noob? I don’t seem to get it.
    My understanding right now: CFTP allowed you to parry in recovery. Panic parry does the same.

CFTP allowed you to continuously combo, and stop your combo at any time to parry an attack.

Oh also fuck your bullshit

Adding a higher stam drain to CFTP would have given plenty of incentive to not combo
    Removing maneuvers is Kiddy Hour Game Development
    KIDDY HOUR

But hey, I guess that’s what you guys are into now
    No judgement here
    Different strokes for different blokes

• @BB:

@SlyGoat:

@fvonb:

Can someone explain the situation for a layman/noob? I don’t seem to get it.
    My understanding right now: CFTP allowed you to parry in recovery. Panic parry does the same.

CFTP allowed you to continuously combo, and stop your combo at any time to parry an attack.

I disagree with you, but have nothing useful to contribute to this argument in this particular post.

I fixed it for you… swearing was not necessary.

• BB is going rouge!

• @giantyak:

I fixed it for you… swearing was not necessary.

sure if this really is kiddy hour

and calling out the Dev’s bullshit most definitely adds to any argument
    CFTP should have been balanced
    removing maneuvers is shit game development
    and TB is shit for doing it

please tell me at which point I’m misguided at
    or maybe it really is just my poddy mouth that offends you? In which case, grow up
    but yeah I would so love to see someone straight up tell me removing content is good

would candy be some good incentive for you?
    c’mon just say it
    ooooh look what I’ve got here

golly look how tasty that is
    just say it, I won’t bite :3c

@rumpelstiltskin:

BB is going rouge!

pft don’t pretend like you’re not enjoying this

• I’m not sure what are you trying to achieve. You do realize that TBS most likely won’t make any balance changes to CMW anymore?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’m not sure what are you trying to achieve. You do realize that TBS most likely won’t make any balance changes to CMW anymore?

… I’m confused…

you’ve never wanted to tell someone they’re being shit when they’re being shit?
    do I need any reason past that?

• his posting style might be a bit abrasive, but he’s right. it’s just a shame TBS didn’t actually listen to their balance council when it mattered.

• What’s with all the coloured text?

• i remember a very similar post poll to this one, who started that one and what was the result?

lol

• @thomi:

his posting style might be a bit abrasive, but he’s right. it’s just a shame TBS didn’t actually listen to their balance council when it mattered.

In actuality we were called in to balance JUST the weapons

which is hilarious how TB thought they could balance anything by themselves considering they couldn’t even see the Double Axe was underpowered

do you guys remember that?
    they needed us to tell them the Dub Axe was terrible
    I can’t make this shit up

@dudeface:

What’s with all the coloured text?

I’m a colorful person