Duel W/L ratio

• Does anyone else think we should be able to reset this? My current ratio is about 100-150, and it has completely destroyed any fun in duel mode whatsoever. Whenever I try to get better, I end up pulling my W/L ratio even further down the toilet, and I become even less interested in the mode. The fact that duel mode constantly shoves this statistic in your face makes me have absolute burning HATRED for whoever decided it was a good idea to show it there. Displaying W/L ratio encourages using every cheap tactic in the book, and I don’t blame anyone who does that. It brings out the spammers, hackers, and glitchers in droves. Anyone else think W/L ratio should be able to be reset, or at least hidden?

• I do think you make some good points, but I don’t think it should be able to be reset. It shows a player’s history in dueling, which gives an approximation to how good the player is (in duels). If you’re concerned about players who are arguably “dishonorable” in duels, who probably make your duel score less, I wouldn’t worry about it: If you’re a decent player, it won’t take long until your get a positive ratio.

Also, I remember hearing that there were certain official duel servers that don’t count towards your stats. I’m not sure if that’s actually a thing, though.

• I’ve won 13 duels and lost 4.

I play classic duels as they are better.

• The ability to turn stats off completely, either by resetting the stats already accumulated, or merely pause accruing more, is a good idea. For now however, you can try to learn on old school FFA dueling servers. Look for Interitus duels or 1vs1 Duels (not ffa) if you’re in the US or Canada. Anywhere else, just search for duels in the filter with ffa only servers enabled.

A note though, typically the best players tend to duel on servers like these, so you may lose more often, but feel free to ask for help, most players would be glad to give you some pointers. In fact, if you want some direct help, I’d be more than happy to lend a hand. Just add me on steam:

³H| The Radiant

Try not to let your losses get you down. Especially starting to play this game now, you’re going up against players with massively more time-played than you. It doesn’t make you a bad player, but it does make it frustrating if you let it get to you. Remember it’s just a game, keep trying your best, and you will get there. :)

• It might be a good thing to reset those from time to time and give some little gimmick (thinking of customization options) to people with extraordinary stats. There are players who really care about their scores and worked hard to get there so there should be a reward they can show off instead.

• Get your shit together and stop caring about your W/L ratio. You think everyone had positive KDR ratio when they started playing? No. It’s normal, just try to improve your skill as much as you can and your WL ratio will improve as well.

• I’ve won 5 duels and lost 0. huehuehue.
    Anyhow, I hate statistics such as K/D etc, they always make me rage if they go lower than expected, that’s why I prefer chiv that doesn’t have them. My wallet prefers chiv as well as I don’t have to buy new headsets/keyboards. A way to reset it wouldn’t be a bad idea I guess.

• No you shouldn’t be able to reset your ratio. Its a feedback to roughly how good/bad your opponent performs in 1v1s. Its a good feature, one, that is in every 1v1 game, ie MK online or PVP Ratings in MMO’S. I cannot believe though that U would refuse to play in duels simply because u are exposed a bad player via your rating. Resting your ratio wont help make you better at duels, However, playing more than 200 duels will……No one starts out winning duels, If duels is what U wanna improve at then u gotta work at it.

This is a Shining example Torn banner, of why you should never bend to the whims of casuals. This guy will be gone in a month, just like hundreds of thousands of other ‘have a go hero’s’ before him….The hardcore community is still here with you. Listen to them.

• Not sure if resetting would be a good idea, in the end I don’t really care though lol

• E-peen thread?

Last time i checked i had 1217-25 so roughly 98% win

most losses from beta tho

also i mostly play ffa duel because duel mode sucks ass

• I really don’t understand why people care so much about their K/D too the point where the game becomes a chore instead of fun, but if that’s what some people really care about, then that is fine by me I suppose.
    I have approximately 250-300 Win/Loss ratio from duel, so what? The only time I duel is to test a particular strategy/weapon or perfecting my 360 jump kick. I’m willing to duel anyone and will have fun win or lose, they can by all means brag about their precious KD ratio, some people need something to boost their ego.

It’s all matter of attitude IMO. If it is that necessary for you, then an option to reset is fine by me.

• @CRUSHED:

E-peen thread?

Ive seen u in duel server before and ur ratio was 15. Not 48.

• I don’t put much stock into W/L ratios, and try not to care about mine. It’s a terrible metric for skill: all it takes to get a good ratio is to leave any room populated with players far better/higher ranked than yourself, and only compete when the room is full of new players. Frankly, I’m more proud of myself for getting like a 3-7 record in a match against more skillful players than I am at getting a 10-0 against a bunch of newbies. I know how capable I am, and where I need to improve, and I try not to care what assumptions other people are going to make when looking at my duel stat.

If the stat is of any value, though, it’s in encouraging other people take duel-mode duels at least semi-seriously. Still, I’d be willing to lose that if it meant people actually had more fun playing the game - and less rage overall.

• How about a compromise…

You can reset as much as you like as long as you are under 500 total duels. After 500 total duels, you can’t reset.

Simple. :o

• I love the lack of evidence.

A tap of F12 upload to tinypic.com and embed here and boom we’ll All believe you fully.

• @Najo:

@CRUSHED:

E-peen thread?

Smurfs.

• @CRUSHED:

@Najo:

@CRUSHED:

E-peen thread?

Smurfs.

Smurfs yeah everyone claims smurfs. I say killing alts or ur just bullshiting. Either way u didn’t do it legit on ur main.

• Mod

@rumpelstiltskin:

Get your shit together and stop caring about your W/L ratio. You think everyone had positive KDR ratio when they started playing? No. It’s normal, just try to improve your skill as much as you can and your WL ratio will improve as well.

Rumple I think this is the first -ever- constructive reply I saw you post.
    :-o

• @CRUSHED:

E-peen thread?

U don’t like the official duel mode for the same reason the Original poster doesn’t like duel mode…. Because It keeps track of ur wins and loses. FFA duel is messy and doesn’t perform as well as the official mode.

People like u favor the hectic ffa mode because it doesn’t keep a overall score. Thats the reason. There is no logical reason to play old ffa duel except u can select who u do/don’t fight and U don’t have a overall score. (most shit players like that)

• @User:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Get your shit together and stop caring about your W/L ratio. You think everyone had positive KDR ratio when they started playing? No. It’s normal, just try to improve your skill as much as you can and your WL ratio will improve as well.

Rumple I think this is the first -ever- constructive reply I saw you post.
    :-o

I think User has forgotten he is a moderator now. Look at your peer mods on how to post.