Slashspam everywhere!

• Hello comrades. I’m one of those people who started playing with Chivalry in 2008, and more precisely with Age of-Chivalry. It took a long time, and there Chivalry. I pinned a lot of hopes for this game, but it saddened me as a veteran of the AOC. There are many reasons why this game is not like me and many other players from the AOC. Developers of this game please reduce the damage of the slash attack of 20-25 %, it will improve the gameplay. I would also like setting up a server with FF off.

• @Gatsu:

Developers of this game please reduce the damage of the slash attack of 20-25 %, it will improve the gameplay.

It would not. Slashes are already weaker, shorter, quite duckable and unsuited for bigger fights as you risk hitting obstacles (some of them are missing hitboxes right now which should be fixed) and teammates. A further damage decrease would only reduce your options which does not improve gameplay - more like the contrary. Your statement is true for the Messer though - its slash does more damage than its overhead (twohanded stance) making it the primary way of attacking.

@Gatsu:

I would also like setting up a server with FF off.

I heard of such servers. Does not appeal to me at all. I would rather have more servers with 100% teamdamage to make it harder to kill enemies through your teammates or shooting them in melee clusters. FF off reduces the game to slashspam shoot into melee just as it did in AoC.

• AOC veteran wants FF off? I can hardly believe that, in AOC you had 100% team damage all the time.

• The only thing I would support here is a SLIGHT (10% or so) damage nerf for dagger slashes. It’s just way too easy to land consecutive hits when lmb spamming with a dagger compared to the stab and overhead which has a much higher chance of missing.

• @jrmftw:

The only thing I would support here is a SLIGHT (10% or so) damage nerf for dagger slashes. It’s just way too easy to land consecutive hits when lmb spamming with a dagger compared to the stab and overhead which has a much higher chance of missing.

I suck shit with daggers lol.

• @lemonater47:

I suck shit with daggers lol.

Haha, they’ve become my forte as archer, cause I can’t aim for shit.
    I always focus on using the thrust and overhead combo, but their is no denying the lmb spam is easier to land on moving enemies and even with the thrusting dagger, just as effective. However, it doesn’t look anywhere near as cool though :P

• @Gatsu:

Hello comrades. I’m one of those people who started playing with Chivalry in 2008, and more precisely with Age of-Chivalry. It took a long time, and there Chivalry. I pinned a lot of hopes for this game, but it saddened me as a veteran of the AOC. There are many reasons why this game is not like me and many other players from the AOC. Developers of this game please reduce the damage of the slash attack of 20-25 %, it will improve the gameplay. I would also like setting up a server with FF off.

It’d make the slash nearly useless. It’d make the gameplay silly.
    Of course it’s annoying that especially the new guys spam the slashes. But don’t worry, most of them will learn to use the overhead and stab.
    Especially vanguardplayers. If you play vanguard from the beginning (as I did) you learn pretty quickly, that lmb spam is the worst sh!t you can do in teambattles.

• Come back to this thread after you have sunk some time in the game and laugh with us :P

• @Knil:

Come back to this thread after you have sunk some time in the game and laugh with us :P

evolution of CMW player

0-25 hrs……vanguard OP nerf
    25-100 hrs…archer nerf
    100-200 hrs…MAA nerf
    200-300 hrs…knight nerf
    300-500 hrs…everything is balanced
    500-700 hrs…nerf OP mechanics
    700-1000 hrs…everything is bugged
    1000-1500 hrs…TBS anger
    1500 hrs…I quit

YMMV

• @gregcau:

@Knil:

Come back to this thread after you have sunk some time in the game and laugh with us :P

evolution of CMW player

25-100 hrs…archer nerf
    100-200 hrs…MAA nerf
    200-300 hrs…knight nerf
    1000-1500 hrs…TBS anger
    1500 hrs…I quit

YMMV

Pretty much how it goes with every multiplayer game ever made. :)

• @RushSecond:

@gregcau:

@Knil:

evolution of CMW player

25-100 hrs…archer nerf
    100-200 hrs…MAA nerf
    200-300 hrs…knight nerf
    1000-1500 hrs…TBS anger
    1500 hrs…I quit

YMMV

Pretty much how it goes with every multiplayer game ever made. :)

Every multiplayer game has archers, MAAs, vanguards and knights?

Is No game safe?

• Slashes are arguably the easiest attacks to parry, so if someone is only using slashes against you that’s a good thing. Plus you can easily duck under them (Ctrl for crouch and look at the ground to go even lower).

• Reminds me that this game is so not rookie friendly…
    I mean, what is the life expectancy of a rookie once he reached the fight? 10 sec… less than the respawn :D

• @Blackleader:

Reminds me that this game is so not rookie friendly…
    I mean, what is the life expectancy of a rookie once he reached the fight? 10 sec… less than the respawn :D

it’s more rookie friendly than it’s ever been though, it’s never been truly rookie friendly unless you played in the beginning while everyone was basically that…

but i must say that it’s much easier for rookies to survive a bit longer with addition of combo/recovery parries and such like the speed up of the claymore, and since you start with double axe as one weapon the range increase may net someone extra kills starting out than they would have gotten… much more so than before.