Projectile weapon's new accuracy system

• Torn Banner has introduced a new system into the Projectile weapon. Every projectile weapons in Deadliest Warrior is affected by this new system, simply by moving around will decrease the accuracy, creating a field between the crosshair lines where a random number generator decides where within the crosshair field the projectile flies through.

Noticable features how the Accuracy crosshair is affect:

• Standing still will keep the Crosshair remain in neutral position.

• Crouching will press the crosshair lines closer together, thus creating more accuracy.

• Side-strafing will slightly increase the gap between the crosshair lines, thus making the shot more inaccurate

• Going from running to aim will show give the player some noticable accuarcy penalty that needs to be recovered

• Jumping will severly reduce the accuracy of the projectile weapon

• Running will also severly reduce the accuracy of the projectile weapon

???

I personally like the concept to give the projectile weapon users a choice between trading for either More acuracy or move mobility. I think this will make Archer duels more interesting, though I must say that I don’t think it would be fair for a Throwable weapon to have the same penatly as a Bow, Crossbow or Gun. I think each projectile weapon class should be given their own new accuracy catagory, and changes for example this one should be made**:**
    Crossbow should have higher accuracy recovery penalty from going to Running to aim than other weapons, that will encourage Crossbow users to Shotgun rush less.
    But, then again it should have a higher accuracy when standing still or crouching, perhaps make Crossbows have higher penalty from side-strafing.

As for Throwable weapons, perhaps one goal would be to make them just inaccurate by default, to encourage players to get closer if they wish to ensure that their throw will hit their target, though they should have absolutely no movement penalty, and their ‘Normal’ accuracy should be less than the penalty from Crossbow, Bow and Gun’s penality when moving, thus making the Throwables kinda inaccurate, but kinda made for that purpose. Maybe Bows should have less accuracy penalty when side-strafing, but their beloved jumpshots needs to go, still won’t take away their shot and jump evading manouver though :-/

I don’t know, just throwing out a couple of suggestions, I like the concept though it does need some more work to it.

Please share your opinions and thoughts here guys.

• Actually this happened in normal chiv too. In the create a game mode all projectiles deviate like they do in deadliest warrior.

Leading me to believe it was intended for normal chiv but was bugged in some way and never fixed. As no one complained.

• I just like that I can aim in 3rd person. It’s the greatest.

• Love this new aiming mechanic, I’m sure its going to be fun to have that chance that the guy with a bow aiming at you might miss instead of 100% accuracy all the time lol.

• Awesome idea. I’m all for limiting those archer pricks. Btw, i was thinking of a ‘Fatigue’ mechanic.

Maybe re-drawing arrows and constantly shooting causes the bowmen to tire? This is no problem really, because they can just stand around for several seconds and get back consumed stamina… but here is the interesting bit!

Imagine they are being rushed by a Vanguard! The Archers will begin to shoot… try land some hits, but lets say he misses all of those shots! Well… when the melee fight breaks out, the archer is already at a disadvantage as he’s down a few in the ‘stamina game!’

Thoughts? I’m sure i could think of some other way to limit crossbow and javelin heroes too! :D

• @YarnuTheDog:

Awesome idea. I’m all for limiting those archer pricks. Btw, i was thinking of a ‘Fatigue’ mechanic.

Maybe re-drawing arrows and constantly shooting causes the bowmen to tire? This is no problem really, because they can just stand around for several seconds and get back consumed stamina… but here is the interesting bit!

Imagine they are being rushed by a Vanguard! The Archers will begin to shoot… try land some hits, but lets say he misses all of those shots! Well… when the melee fight breaks out, the archer is already at a disadvantage as he’s down a few in the ‘stamina game!’

Thoughts? I’m sure i could think of some other way to limit crossbow and javelin heroes too! :D

I posted almost the same exact suggestion a month or two ago and it never picked up very much :(

It was called “Idea for archers”

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15677

• @YarnuTheDog:

I’m sure i could think of some other way to limit crossbow and javelin heroes too! :D

Auto-F10 every time an archer hits 2 team mates in a row? :P