Game is dying

• dont even try to blame the servers for the ghosts swings, you sound foolish when you say stuff like that.

its def from the last 2 patches, the game has played horribly worse after each one. the ghost swings and missed hits are a joke and need to be fixed, let alone the getting hit from weapons that are clearly out of range.
    this bug appeared when they removed all the modding files a few nerf patches ago, its almost like they tried to increase the weapon force or something, cause this also increases a weapons range, not visualy but physicaly, they are messing with stuff they dont know how to fix obviously or dont test properly.

• @Torrenz:

Dota 2 has five times more players right now than Chivalry had the last year combined
    If every person still playing Chivalry could convince five friends to buy and play the game, we’d have as many players as League of Legends has stream viewers
    on a positive note, Chivalry has over 50% more players than the korean localization of Football Manager 2012

Well like 80% of dota 2 players are CIS (Russia) or China/SEA

They love free games

• @lemonater47:

[Dota 2 is Dota 2. People are drawn to that horrible game for some odd reason. And I got offered about 6 free copies of the game.[/quote]Replayability is a major point. The maps of both DotA and LoL give you a lot of options how to play and the metagame is constantly shifting. They are also well promoted (including hosting Tournaments) and supported (LoL was a buggy as Chivalry in early Season 1). In terms of heroes and items there are also a lot of choices and combinations.

Chivalry in comparison has a lot of “minigame” modes (FFA, LTS, TDM, CTF, KotH) and a very linear objective based mode with a very limited number of maps available. The long patch cycles prevent metagame shifts (and if the metagame does shift people start crying and call everyone who doesn’t share their opinion “completely delusional/clueless”) and keep bugs ingame. Then we got 4 classes in Chivalry which in theory gives us a lot of combinations - sadly many servers feature class limits that further cut down diversity.

The last thing: Weapons are too similar in playstyle. Spears and Polearms feel like longer swords. Flails are maces that force you to use the Buckler. Axes are maces that deal more damage to Archers. Shields could make a difference but were nerfed to oblivion (and didn’t get the right hitboxes). Stun times and charge attack damage are even the same regardless if you are using the Zweihänder or the Shortsword.

• Are we really getting so desperate that we’re comparing something like Dota2 to a game like Chivalry?

• Dota2 isn’t a bad game and why the heck would you compare Dota and Chivalry?

Chivalry is a new game, Dota is out there for more than 10 years now. I start playing DotA in 2007 and still playing (Dota2 now).

Actually, Dota is a good example for chivalry. Since when i start playing, DotA 1, we had updates, new version of the map, fixing major bugs every few days after they were discovered and 3 or 4 major updates with new contents per year and back then Dota was just another Map for War3 with some competitive presence.

On the other side we have chivalry, owned by TB which don’t update very often and when we see an update the changelog they show to us is usually a lie. A lot of fixes they tell us it is fixed it is in no way close to be fixed and what a surprise a new bug show up!

• Umm … Chivalry isn’t exactly a new game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/17510
    How are Rikard and Scott, anyway?

• In dota 2 there are many toxic people that will curse you for every stupid reason,and sadly most of them are russian,i don’t know whats wrong with them i don’t want to be racist but they get mad over everything and never accept a defeat and understand that lose is a possibility.
    Here in chivalry bad mouth people get kicked and are usually hated by everyone and Dota once you enter the game there is a wannabe pro that says ‘‘me mid’’ and ignores the team,and it usually end up losing because of him.
    I prefer chivalry

• @BillDoor:

Umm … Chivalry isn’t exactly a new game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/17510
    How are Rikard and Scott, anyway?

I know, i played the HL2 mod just a little because there were no servers from here. The best ping i could play if i remember correctly was around 200, unplayable.

I wish i could play this ProMod but no servers from my region either.

@AndreaTheArcher:

In dota 2 there are many toxic people that will curse you for every stupid reason,and sadly most of them are russian,i don’t know whats wrong with them i don’t want to be racist but they get mad over everything and never accept a defeat and understand that lose is a possibility.
    Here in chivalry bad mouth people get kicked and are usually hated by everyone and Dota once you enter the game there is a wannabe pro that says ‘‘me mid’’ and ignores the team,and it usually end up losing because of him.
    I prefer chivalry

Indeed, the Dota communit always was a bitch no matter the region you play and chivalry is much more forgiven. In dota if you are a low level on your profile people will cry about the matchmaking and rage all the game. In chivalry if you made mistakes being a low level rank people will help you to improve.

• Global Moderator

Chivalry still has more players than WOTR and mount and blade.

• @Sidewinder:

To be fair, I thought TBS was doing quite a good job all the way up until they announced Deadliest Warrior. Now they’ve went dark, offering no communication to their community so a bunch of people just said, “eff this, I’m out.” Can you blame them?

Customization was a cool update until we realized how many bugs they introduced and even then it was still okay until we found out they were going to take nearly a month to put fixes into the beta to address what they broke. Even before they moved into the covetous office they were quicker at addressing issues like these. Top that off with unnecessary additions accompanying the paltry few bugfixes that took a month to only make it to the beta, such as the completely unnecessary crosshair mechanic and ruined Agatha customization colors. It became clear they shifting focus to the yet-to-be-released Deadliest Warrior going full steam whilst leaving our cherished MW in the dust.

To say nothing of the atrocious Mason ‘Red and Ugly Grey!’

Seriously tho, ever since the patch with panic parry the game has gone downhill fast. Which is really too bad.

• Lol i heard another 2 big european clans disbanded today

gg

• Lol i heard another 2 big european clans disbanded today

gg

I also heard a player called crushed stopped playing times ago, but i still heard a lot of annoying noise around here.

• @Rayeon:

Lol i heard another 2 big european clans disbanded today

gg

I also heard a player called crushed stopped playing times ago, but i still heard a lot of annoying noise around here.

what? im still playing

i also heard that there isnt a single decent player in FF

• @CRUSHED:

@Rayeon:

Lol i heard another 2 big european clans disbanded today

gg

what? im still playing

i also heard that there isnt a single decent player in FF

Lol, taunts.

• lets keep the carnage on the battlefield guys, oh wait no one is on the battlefield cause we all want the game fixed.

• Global Moderator

@WARSAW:

lets keep the carnage on the battlefield guys, oh wait no one is on the battlefield cause we all want the game fixed.

Still ranked 82nd or something on the top 100 steam games played.

• the horse is dead dude stop beating it already,
    yeah cause im sure sure steam is just as honest as them right. lol this is a classic example of why i dont play steam games.

i wouldnt beleive any of their stats for a second, expecially when you can buy the game from steam and it doesnt even work and they tell you sorry you get no refund, just ripped off, yeah id say those numbers were bought with shady shannanagans.

i dont care what its ranked dude, you cant hide, mask, reword, or put a positive spin on 500 somthing players a day, honestly now can you?

nerfed till broken pretty much sums it up lemon and you know it.
    obama himself could ban this game from earth and some fool like you will still be here defending its flawlessness, lol.

• @WARSAW:

yeah cause im sure sure steam is just as honest as them right. lol this is a classic example of why i dont play steam games.

i wouldnt beleive any of their stats for a second, expecially when you can buy the game from steam and it doesnt even work and they tell you sorry you get no refund, just ripped off, yeah id say those numbers were bought with shady shannanagans.

This thread just got stupid.
    If it wasn’t stupid already.

• This thread just got stupid.

im sry if you also cant handle the truth, the game is dying if not dead already.
    you can only nerf somthing till broken and not fix it for so long with too many excuses, false promises and let downs before it dies ya know brotha.

• Global Moderator

@WARSAW:

This thread just got stupid.

im sry if you also cant handle the truth, the game is dying if not dead already.
    you can only nerf somthing till broken and not fix it for so long with too many excuses, false promises and let downs before it dies ya know brotha.

It’s you who can’t handle the truth even when its right in front of you. You refuse to believe the stats in front of you. If chivalry is dying mount and blade warband and war of the roses are already dead.

Steam stats are pretty much where they were before the big sale.