Animation problems with ninja

• (from 3rd person perspective) the first part of the parry animation looks exactly like the stab windup of the ninja primary sword, making parrys about as deadly as a stab feint lol.

1st person animations differ from 3rd person animations with above weapon (at least the parry animations can’t confirm if there’s more). Not sure if this should go into the mantis bug tracker or not because I don’t know if intentional.

• Yeah have noticed that ninjas often appear to be stab feinting or even sometimes feint spamming when they are not.

• I’ve noticed that the ninjas arms seem to fall off in while fighting in first person.

• Yeah even at lower FoV the ninja’s arms end before the camera.

• I love the parry animation for this reason, including when it fools me. I feel like it captures the ninja really well, as they’re supposed to be deceptive in more insidious ways, and when someone is effectively mixing up stabs with this, it looks awesome.

Also the two parry animations in the time other classes are doing one is indicative of the ninja’s speediness.

Throwing out a parry always means giving the enemy an opening when not used expressively for blocking.

But I do wish it was perhaps better represented in first person. Many people don’t even realize what they’re doing and that’s not good, whether they’re fooling people or not.

• @Derpasaur:

[…]
    But I do wish it was perhaps better represented in first person. Many people don’t even realize what they’re doing and that’s not good, whether they’re fooling people or not.

Getting the same figure-eight blocking animation in first-person would be sweet, since most people don’t play in third person and won’t even know that they are doing this.

Alternatively, it could just be made so that one parry is actually the double-animation since it seems like the chained parry animation already takes up about the same amount of time as one “real” parry.

• @Daiyuki:

@Derpasaur:

[…]

Getting the same figure-eight blocking animation in first-person would be sweet, since most people don’t play in third person and won’t even know that they are doing this.

Alternatively, it could just be made so that one parry is actually the double-animation since it seems like the chained parry animation already takes up about the same amount of time as one “real” parry.

I didn’t quite understand this post. One parry did the figure 8 movement before. (The thing I want back)

• Also, sometimes when you roll the camera goes through the ground.