The Pirate Shank. (and other pirate notes.)

• This thing is quite clearly a harpoon head, and I’d like to see it being used in a harpoon-like fashion in the long run.

I feel like the pirate should have more utility rather than straight up firepower and tankyness, and the harpoon sounds like a perfect route to take for making pirate fun to use/play against without all the gunpowder.

Pull people? Pin people? Stick two people together? Create a 20 feet tether on the the target for x seconds? Just give me a harpoon somehow, please.

Perhaps let it pierce through targets, with weapon-throw range and similar trajectory, each target pierced is tethered to where the harpoon lands by a length of rope equal to the distance thrown. For such a huge utility, it would have to replace the primary slot, and subsequently the guns.

(And I think everyone loves a scorpion-style hook, of course)

• get over here

so i can give you a hug

• @kwazi:

get over here

so i can give you a hug

FRIENDSHIP!?..

NwJgWIurejQ

I’d love to hear a piratey version of this from Sir Loin. Even if it’s not put into the game lol…

• Well someone has been playing too much just cause 2.

• @lemonater47:

Well someone has been playing too much just cause 2.

I have not played that game once. :P

• @Derpasaur:

@lemonater47:

Bro your missing out. If you want a game where you can grapple people/yourself to literally anything that’s the game for you.

Grapple people to vehicles and drive/fly/for own them as you go along.
    Grapple yourself to a vertical gas canister for a quick getaway (parachute and jumping off before it explodes is advised.
    Grapple on to a car to jack it while moving. Same with planes or boats.
    Grapple vehicles to the ground, other vehicles and structures to see what happens.
    Open your parachute and tow yourself along with your grapple hook.

And a bunch of other stuff. And ids only make it better. There’s even a multiplayer mod. Server capacity: 5000.

• @lemonater47:

@Derpasaur:

@lemonater47:

Bro your missing out. If you want a game where you can grapple people/yourself to literally anything that’s the game for you.

Grapple people to vehicles and drive/fly/for own them as you go along.
    Grapple yourself to a vertical gas canister for a quick getaway (parachute and jumping off before it explodes is advised.
    Grapple on to a car to jack it while moving. Same with planes or boats.
    Grapple vehicles to the ground, other vehicles and structures to see what happens.
    Open your parachute and tow yourself along with your grapple hook.

And a bunch of other stuff. And ids only make it better. There’s even a multiplayer mod. Server capacity: 5000.

Just cause doesn’t have the melee potential of a game like chivalry though. I have played some just cause 2, it just doesn’t compare (multiplayer mod sounds awesome, but its not chiv).

• We were talking about awesome grappling.

Also just cause 2 is crafted out of pure awesome.