Please return the awesome Ninja parry animation.

• Don’t take the ninja out of the ninja. It was awesome and I sorely miss visually sizing my opponent up with my sword, or fighting ninjas who used it in an effort to feint with.

This is emergent gameplay, please let it thrive, don’t kill something just because it behaves unexpectedly.

• @Derpasaur:

Don’t take the ninja out of the ninja. It was awesome and I sorely miss visually sizing my opponent up with my sword, or fighting ninjas who used it in an effort to feint with.

This is divergent gameplay, please let it thrive, don’t kill something just because it behaves unexpectedly.

This 1000X

• At this point in testing I’m not sure I would consider the old ninja parry to be “emergent gameplay.” Not many people used it as you describe and it isn’t anything that amazing. I don’t know what TB intended with the original animation but perhaps Sly will chime in.

• @Dr.Nick:

At this point in testing I’m not sure I would consider the old ninja parry to be “emergent gameplay.” Not many people used it as you describe and it isn’t anything that amazing. I don’t know what TB intended with the original animation but perhaps Sly will chime in.

I’ve heard divergent before, but yes that seems to be what I was referring to, will edit for accuracy.

Not many people use a lot of things that they could, but I saw at least 3 ninjas using it in this fashion on the first day of playing, and fighting them felt a lot more awesome than fighting ninjas now.

I imagine the main issue is consistency between first and third person, but I hope some compromise can be made.

• The ninjato parry animation was just the katana parry animation before. The animation set was incomplete.