Anyone notice an issue with the Knight hammer?

• It seems that it can easily get through your blocks even with a massive shield, via overhead attack even while blocking up at it?

• I assume you mean the two handed one and I also assume that you have been playing against someone with a ping greater than 120. Yes it tends to go through shields at a higher ping, but when everything is normal and around 100 or less, it is blockable, so it is a ping issue as far as I noticed.

• OP are you talking about the Warhammer or the two handed Maul?

• @UsF:

I assume you mean the two handed one and I also assume that you have been playing against someone with a ping greater than 120. Yes it tends to go through shields at a higher ping, but when everything is normal and around 100 or less, it is blockable, so it is a ping issue as far as I noticed.

This game uses server side hit detection this puts no advantage to a high pinger. If it was client side yes I would agree.

• @Knil:

@UsF:

I assume you mean the two handed one and I also assume that you have been playing against someone with a ping greater than 120. Yes it tends to go through shields at a higher ping, but when everything is normal and around 100 or less, it is blockable, so it is a ping issue as far as I noticed.

This game uses server side hit detection this puts no advantage to a high pinger. If it was client side yes I would agree.

There’s no such thing as no ping advantage. You can compensate, but you can’t correct.

• @SlyGoat:

@Knil:

@UsF:

There’s no such thing as no ping advantage. You can compensate, but you can’t correct.

Of course there’s an advantage to low ping. What I’m saying is having high ping is not an advantage like it is in games with client side hit detection.

• I’ve actually had EU players join the US servers and consistently hit me from noticeably too far away with weapons a couple of times. Such as a Man-at-Arms wrecking me with his sword while he’s out of range of my Brandistock. Yes, he was dodging towards me, but after I had clearly backed up and was quite out of range.

I can’t comment too much on the hammer except for having a really hard time with the 1-handed warhammer hitting me from what seems like a reasonably large distance, even though it’s rated as a very short range weapon.

• Remember to turn your blocks and aim your crosshair at the tip of their weapon. With shields it’s easy to overestimate how much of you they protect, so always turn! Jumping and doing an overhead attack his a great tactic against anyone who’s turtling, because they’re usually not prepared to look up.

That said, I believe there is currently a bug with shields and their stamina draining. The Knight hammer in particular is designed to bust up shields and suck away stamina, so it’s sometimes best NOT to block it, and simply avoid it’s short range whenever possible.

I hope that helps!

• There is definitely a bug with shields and their stamina draining. Namely, that they simply don’t drain stamina :)