Chivalry? Nothing chivalrous about the game.

• I try to be chivalrous and you get eaten up by ganging, spamming, swingdragging, feinting kill greedy pricks INCLUDING YOUR OWN FUCKING TEAM!

95% of my deaths are either spammed to hell by multiple enemies, archers, glitchy or laggy players or team killed, very rare I get killed by someone with Chivalrous characteristics. Even on duel servers you get a laggy cock or a super glitchy swingdragger.

• @CRUSHED:

I laughed too long at that.

@Wrath:

I try to be chivalrous and you get eaten up by ganging, spamming, swingdragging, feinting kill greedy pricks INCLUDING YOUR OWN FUCKING TEAM!

95% of my deaths are either spammed to hell by multiple enemies, archers, glitchy or laggy players or team killed, very rare I get killed by someone with Chivalrous characteristics. Even on duel servers you get a laggy cock or a super glitchy swingdragger.

Try oldschool duels (FFA server where people play duels). There you can have 1on1’s, but if you don’t like drags you will have a hard time.

• If you want 1v1, play duel. Dragging? What’s so unchivalrious about that? It’s a gamemechanic to get around a block. Should every fight be: keep bashing until someone does a mistake or runs out of stamina?
    That wasn’t how medieval fighting worked. You trick your opponent to do a wrong block.
    So if that’s not chivalrious to you, medieval times are not chivalrious at all.
    Maybe star wars is more chivalrious for you?

• I just saw you playing on our server. If you would stop complaining and start playing…

• @Peter:

If you want 1v1, play duel. Dragging? What’s so unchivalrious about that? It’s a gamemechanic to get around a block. Should every fight be: keep bashing until someone does a mistake or runs out of stamina?
    That wasn’t how medieval fighting worked. You trick your opponent to do a wrong block.

In real life a swingdrag as you would call it would’nt work if you turn the opposite way your weapon is swinging you would miss them or just tap them but yes it is a game still a horrible glitchy mechanic that only geeks and glitch abusers use. I can do it i just refuse to use something so fucking pathetic same with badly nerfed weapons i will not use them!

The mount and blade series and WOTR (WOTR sucks though) had the right idea with the amount of damage delt depending on how close and fast you were mooving, well thought through I say. Unlike the shitty swingdrag of this game which looks rediculous and annoying expecialy when they also got high ping. High ping users already have stupid advantages, people even get exelent scores by laggying and spamming.

• @afiNity:

I just saw you playing on our server. If you would stop complaining and start playing…

Yes I complained but I was right and I typed when I was ‘dead’ dose not affect how much I was playing.

• @CRUSHED:

Obviously has nothing better to do.

• @Wrath:

In real life

stopped reading there

• @Wrath:

Obviously has nothing better to do.

Well, if that ain’t calling the kettle black… I don’t know what is.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Wrath:

In real life

stopped reading there

Pretty much.

And if you are gonna use the real live argument I doubt many people in real life were that chivalrous either. I mean they wanted to kill you.

• @Wrath:

@Peter:

If you want 1v1, play duel. Dragging? What’s so unchivalrious about that? It’s a gamemechanic to get around a block. Should every fight be: keep bashing until someone does a mistake or runs out of stamina?

In real life a swingdrag as you would call it would’nt work if you turn the opposite way your weapon is swinging you would miss them or just tap them but yes it is a game still a horrible glitchy mechanic that only geeks and glitch abusers use. I can do it i just refuse to use something so fucking pathetic same with badly nerfed weapons i will not use them!

The mount and blade series and WOTR (WOTR sucks though) had the right idea with the amount of damage delt depending on how close and fast you were mooving, well thought through I say. Unlike the shitty swingdrag of this game which looks rediculous and annoying expecialy when they also got high ping. High ping users already have stupid advantages, people even get exelent scores by laggying and spamming.

DOH! How many times have we had that on this forums??? The game is not about to be realistic, and drags are no glitches or bugs they are INTENDED!

• The game is not about to be realistic, and drags are no glitches or bugs they are INTENDED!

Delayed drags are not though. Ideally the developers wanted you to have control over your attacks, but as you can speed up weapon you can also delay it to bypass parry. I don’t think this is intended. I find it more likely being the leftover of being able to control your weapon. Also, the extent of control (especially the speed) can be questionable too - the developers themselves has agreed that they didn’t expect people being able to do half the stuff players were able to exploit of the engine, hence some patches tried to affect some parts of the combat. Overall this is a very complicated issue, with multiple points of view.

Chivalry is just a title and doesn’t mean anything other than that.

• @Holy.Death:

The game is not about to be realistic, and drags are no glitches or bugs they are INTENDED!

Delayed drags are not though. Ideally the developers wanted you to have control over your attacks, but as you can speed up weapon you can also delay it to bypass parry. I don’t think this is intended. I find it more likely being the leftover of being able to control your weapon. Also, the extent of control (especially the speed) can be questionable too - the developers themselves has agreed that they didn’t expect people being able to do half the stuff players were able to exploit of the engine, hence some patches tried to affect some parts of the combat. Overall this is a very complicated issue, with multiple points of view.

Chivalry is just a title and doesn’t mean anything other than that.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … 9240937998

“Leanbacks and accelerated attacks are part of the real time strikes, as are drags.”

It tells you this in a loading screen though ffs

• A knight is just a sword with a horse, Chivalry is overrated.

C:MW isn’t really a jousting simulator and it doesn’t seek to emulate medieval tournaments where certain codes where observed, in real life a fight is won through skill, physical prowess, opportunism and a myriad of other factors which do not exist within the game of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Given that everyone has equal strength and can swing the weapons at the same speed, that no one ever loses his footing and falls to the ground, that you can’t bash at someone so furiously that you knock the sword out of their hand and mash their shield to splinters, what techniques do you permit as chivalrous within the context of ‘Chivalry: Medieval Warfare’?

TBS please add ‘Damsel in distress’ feature so that players might act in a chivalrous manner.

• @DoubleYman:

A knight is just a sword with a horse, Chivalry is overrated.

C:MW isn’t really a jousting simulator and it doesn’t seek to emulate medieval tournaments where certain codes where observed, in real life a fight is won through skill, physical prowess, opportunism and a myriad of other factors which do not exist within the game of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Given that everyone has equal strength and can swing the weapons at the same speed, that no one ever loses his footing and falls to the ground, that you can’t bash at someone so furiously that you knock the sword out of their hand and mash their shield to splinters, what techniques do you permit as chivalrous within the context of ‘Chivalry: Medieval Warfare’?

TBS please add ‘Damsel in distress’ feature so that players might act in a chivalrous manner.

If the SDK were actually released, we would probably have a mod like this lol

• aww it’s the guy rob killed all the time yesterday, good show, good show :3

• “Leanbacks and accelerated attacks are part of the real time strikes, as are drags.”

It tells you this in a loading screen though ffs

Interesting. I knew that accelerated attacks were part of the game, but I didn’t know the same was true for drags. This is good to know. Thanks.

• If TBS listened to people like this, chivalry would have no drags, no feints, only one class, one weapon, no stamina drain, no stab, no overhead, no combo, permanent parry all around you and every fight would take until someone is tired of it and stops parrying so it finally ends.

• You can find plenty of chivalrous acts in chivalry.

Riding the coal carts with the enemy in citadel.
    Having a party around the catapult on stoneshill with the enemy.
    Firing crossbows with the enemy on the catapult bridge on battlegrounds first stage.
    In FFA standing in a corners of the map as a bunch of shield knight doing the battlecry to scare everyone off.
    Managed to get archers vs knights going in FFA.

All in the last week.