Shrink/Remove bubble.

• I propose a shrink to the current bubble size (or just remove it) so you have a better time hitting people running away (even with chase mechanic) and reduce the meddling of the player position due to bubble.

Because of the longer windups in general in this game I feel shrinking the bubble will solve a good number of problems (viability of shorter weapons, easier time actually hitting people who are running away, or just the bubble lagging behind people) and the viability of actual facehugging is reduced because of the sweet spot mechanic. I don’t really see a reason for the bubble to stay the way it is now, all it does is hinder gameplay.
    The sweetspot mechanic in particular opens a new dynamic to counter facehugging as you can intentionally move yourself close to the attack arc to reduce the damage and I feel doing that is going to be an important part of the game in the future. The bubble slightly goes against this by providing a basic “range” in which attacks can be sweetspotted better vs the opponent being able to close the gap quickly in order to try and reduce the damage.

Sometimes the players get “stuck” from the bubble clashing and it hurts the mobility of classes that need it ie: ninja.

Petition for removal:
    http://www.webkode.com/blog/2013/10/03/petition-dw/

Password: dwpetition

• I have hated this thing from its inception.

As I believe I’ve read in other threads, you super feel the effects even more when trying to shield bash or attack with the shorter variety of weapons.

When chasing people from behind, even if you hit them with a really short attack, they will often not be available to hit with a combo, as the head start afforded to them via the bubble often allows them to get knocked out of range of a followup.

I never saw the need to add the larger collision radius, and with new mechanics such as increased movement speed and the changes to tracers, I see even less of a point of retaining it.

A popular argument is “If you look down, you can clip into the other person.” This is a non-argument. Gameplay shouldn’t suffer for what I and others feel is a trivial visual inaccuracy.

Obviously there needs to be something to prevent people from totally mashing into each other and condensing into a singularity, but I’d like to see it tuned down a bit.

• Get rid of it.

• @Daiyuki:

Get rid of it.

Deja vu.

• I agree, and have had this opinion since it was added in the base game. This game has the potential to more skill based than Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and the elimination of the bubble would expand that, as kwazi explained.

As for certain things being un-intuitive, such as lookdowns, facehugging, I can understand those things better than being stopped by air while trying to run to an enemy’s side or the added issues with getting stuck on someone/objects while jumping.

• agreed. its still easy to mount someones bubble too right? that and panic parry are my least favorite things

• We should test a day or 2 without the bubble before the beta, I really would prefer a world without bubbles.

• I agree with moose. Bubble just ruins the game and too many workarounds were needed.

If you removed the bubble I feel like you could also lower the sprint lockout so people can run away from people trying to facehug them instead of the bubble automatically doing it for them. The sprint lockdown feels like another awful thing that came out of the bubble.

What are some of the reasons against the removal of the bubble? I’m honestly curious.

• To be fair, you can’t “remove” the bubble, as it’s just the collision model being inflated. But I think the model could be maybe 15-20% smaller.

• Get rid of ze bubble.

• Get rid of collision. That is how you prevent face hugging.

Seriously though, decrease the collision bubble plz. This is one issue I think is pretty unanimous.

• +1 for popping of the bubble.

I seriously have not heard a single person among the beta testers that want to keep the bubble. If they are out there, please come and speak your peace. Facehugging was never a problem that needed to be fixed - you can learn to block attacks from any direction at any range with enough practice. The alt swing nerf in CMW as enough to ensure that.

Blocking things at facehug range may not be easy, but it’s doable. You have to learn and become skilled to do so. My no-feint fights with The Radiant pre-bubbe are a testament to that; we could duel for 3 minutes straight, each of us trying our darndest to facehug and get around the other person’s block.

I’m really sorry for making this video back when I didn’t have the depth of understanding of mechanics that I have now, but let me just say that I went on to learn to block falchion efficiently and accurately 99% of the time.

Instead of watching that, watch this glorious pre-bubble patch vid of feintless combat, which shows that you can block even the trickiest, most noodly attacks if you practice enough (except when you get scared):
    [youtubehd:17n1pk4u]23LU8OKRB-I[/youtubehd:17n1pk4u]

• As I continue to play this game the pointlessness of having the bubble comes out more and more. I like the increased strafe speed but the netcode can’t really handle the bubble + strafe speed at all.

Running behind a teammate still gives me stutters like you’d get from bubble but the range is still reachable.

• @Yazuak:

+1 for popping of the bubble.

I seriously have not heard a single person among the beta testers that want to keep the bubble. If they are out there, please come and speak your peace.

I am in strong favor of keeping the bubble.

• @Dr.Nick:

@Yazuak:

I seriously have not heard a single person among the beta testers that want to keep the bubble. If they are out there, please come and speak your peace.

I would like to hear the supporting argument.

• Well it was much easier to just clip your weapon in windup inside your opponent without the bubble.

• Deals very little damage in DW and people gain defensive strafing which can somewhat nullify the quickness for a parry.

• 8QLK8zhdqzs

• @Dr.Nick:

@Yazuak:

Lol.