Current stam drains, new proposal and good idea.

• ok so with the lastest additions to stam drains which didnt used to be there, im proposing a new concept.

since we get punished for nearly any action in the game now, basically just playing the game you lose
    epic amounts of stamina and lose battles and fun because of this.

so what if,
    when you landed an attack you got half the stamina of a missed swing with that weapon back when you actually landed a hit or killed someone, i really think this would add some more pep to the battles since most are determined by this fun restricting property.

it is a great concept and i know it would add alot more action back in the game with something so simple, like rewarding in stead of constant punishments in a game thats suposed to be fun.

i still dont know why we get punished so much in this game, in every other game you are punished when you get hit or killed, not for just playing it though.

• So… stamina regeneration for hitting somebody?
    Why not make lmb spamming in the air regenerate stamina as well?

Nah, just kidding. But I don’t like the idea. Instead I would just reduce the shield stamina drain. But I’m not TBS :/

• The current stamina system is not fun. There is nothing to look forward to by playing well except huffing and puffing like your character just came from rubbing one out and has a smoking habit and then an unceremonious death. We used to run a mod called “Beast Mode” that allowed you to suspend stamina loss as long as you were hitting people. If you missed once or twice, stamina would kick back in. Blocks took no stamina and the game was more fluid and fun.

Now it is a game of punishment and the loss of players pretty much speaks to the public’s opinion on being punished by this system. If not exactly this good variation of Beast Mode, then some form of it should be implemented in game. Apparently, most of the people who bought the game were not looking for a literal battle simulator, which this really doesn’t accomplish, but seems to be the excuse of the day as to what happened during the game’s balancing.

• I do like the idea of getting ~33% of stamina back whenever you get a kill. It would make 1vN viable in more ways than just “dance and swing madly and hope they are so bad they can’t hit you”.

• well it would be more like 15% stam back but im glad you like the idea.
    the reward stam should be half of what a missed swing is.

• Waay too funky concept. Wouldn’t work in a realistic setting.

• @RushSecond:

I do like the idea of getting ~33% of stamina back whenever you get a kill. It would make 1vN viable in more ways than just “dance and swing madly and hope they are so bad they can’t hit you”.

Or just bring back CftP

• @RushSecond:

I do like the idea of getting ~33% of stamina back whenever you get a kill. It would make 1vN viable in more ways than just “dance and swing madly and hope they are so bad they can’t hit you”.

If you got a kill while 1v2ing you still are way ahead in the battle, because they spent too many resources trying to kill you, yet you still got a kill, while your main line has numbers advantage.

• It’s not a bad idea, but doesn’t really solve the core problems. I’d rather just have CFtP back.

• It’s not a bad idea, but doesn’t really solve the core problems. I’d rather just have CFtP back.

did i say anything about core problems?

im talking about the stamina here my friend

you wanna make the game better then this is one of the crucial steps to do it.

i know how to fix those too, lets take baby steps shall we.

this will fix alot of the damage that the current ridicolous stam drains do to the combat, making it totaly a stamina war and nothing to do with skill.
    my solution fixes that very easily.

as far as the main “core” issue
    ive said a 100 times by now the flinch time needs to be lowered to .25 and at .10 of the .25 you need to be able to switch weps to allow parrying a second hit and parrying at .10 of .25

want a fair game more balanced and more on your reaction time ?
    then this is what needs to happen.

i wish you guys would just see how awesome the game would be like this, it would eliminate so many issues.

this would eliminate all the op cries i swear on my life, plus the game would get some pep thrown back into the combat instead of the nonsense we are trying to play now, and end any further need for nerfs i guarentee it!

• This idea is unfit for this game. just learn to manage your stamina and you’ll be fine.

• I really like this idea, regenerating stamina on a kill would be sort of like getting an adrenaline rush after each kill. I could see this working from a realism standpoint.

• Waay too funky concept. Wouldn’t work in a realistic setting.

i guess you cant read cause we have already tested this and it works great and makes this slow wonky delay and bug infested game play alot better, dont be so foolish the game is in horrible shape right now and barely playable.

the current stam drains should be adjusted cause they really hinder and limit the amount of action and combat you can get into, i have played both ways and trust me it really does hinder the game and you so much its not even funny guys.

• This would only further widen the rift between long time players and newbies.

• @WARSAW:

Waay too funky concept. Wouldn’t work in a realistic setting.

i guess you cant read cause we have already tested this and it works great and makes this slow wonky delay and bug infested game play alot better, dont be so foolish the game is in horrible shape right now and barely playable.

the current stam drains should be adjusted cause they really hinder and limit the amount of action and combat you can get into, i have played both ways and trust me it really does hinder the game and you so much its not even funny guys.

I agree that the stamina drain should be adjusted.
    But I don’t find the game barely playable now. It’s really fun to me.
    And your idea… I don’t know… I guess there’ll be guys that fight the whole enemy team all alone, because they never run out of stamina. You kill one, get stamina back, kill the next, etc.

Getting stamina back because of a kill just sounds too much like an mmo - game.
    Why not make battlecries give you and your team some temporary buffs etc.?

Sorry I don’t like your idea. Don’t take it personally, okay? I’d just think that the stamina drain for parrying should be slightly reduced and the stamina drain for blocking should be DRASTICALLY reduced.
    Shield knights are pretty screwed against long ranged weapons. You just need to stab out of their reach and stab their shields until they run out of stamina.
    That makes playing the vanguard in duel less interesting. Shield knights can’t even get near enough to hurt you, if you do it right. That’s boring! I want to be forced to get around their shield to hit them, or to trick them to strike too early and stuff like that.

• if you didnt get punished so much for a missed swing peter or feints you could do that stuff to the knight, its so funny to watch you guys shoot down tried and trued ideas lol.

This would only further widen the rift between long time players and newbies.

thats is false my foolish friend, it would only make it easyer for the new players silly as well as make the game not such a stupid battle simulating stamina war.basically it would help every one out.
    you dont know what your talking about do you, i have tried it so i can say that i do know what im talking about Lemon, so quit being a hater and jump on the epic bandwagon.

i have tested this stuff on my server, more stamina does make the game way better and more playable, minus the bugs, countless delays and glitches or ghost swings etc etc.

and when every one is given the right tools to play your true skill can emerge and no not any one person runs around taking on a whole team peter, the wonky and buggy unfair fighting mechanics make sure of that, get flinched one time in a crowd and your doomed no matter what your stamina drains/boosts may be.

its even funnyer to watch how when you make the gameplay epic like i have,people dont use all the exploits they are forced to do in the nerfed down regular game, give them the right tools for epic action and they suddenly dont play so cheap like they are forced to do in the regular games nerf fest.

more proof backing up all my theories.

• Why get stamina for actual hit? Getting through all that flesh and iron/steel is not an easy task for your muscles ya know! You are right, that lack of stamina is frustrating, but please don’t propose bloodlust.

If i was in charge of stamina changes i would do it slowly:

Like this maybe:

• Reduce stamina damage (stamina consumption when blocking) just a little bit.
    • 10-15% more stamina for every class?

Small steps guys, small steps.

But Cftp comeback would be awesome aswell…

• im proposing a simple fix to make the game better that will work, like all my ideas dude.
    you guys are so blind, you just agreed the stam drains suck but are too dumb to want them fixed?

go figure, lol good luck then in your molasis nerfest fools.

• this 3v1 daze killing noobfest WHAT THE ***************

REAL WARRIORS ARE STRONK

MOAR STAMINA PLZ

maybe put a higher cost on feint

******* peasants