[ARCH] Cudgel vs Shortsword

• Since I started playing this game I loved playing as an archer. I like playing with the shortsword and I can easily top the scoreboard with it, but most of the decent archers use the cudgel.Which is better?And if it is the cudgel, how can I use it more effectively?

• @Mangix:

Since I started playing this game I loved playing as an archer. I like playing with the shortsword and I can easily top the scoreboard with it, but most of the decent archers use the cudgel.Which is better?And if it is the cudgel, how can I use it more effectively?

It depends on you.
    The big upside of the short sword is it’s high speed and nice stab damage.
    Pretty weak against knights though. But running left and right and lmb-spamming gets them down, too.
    It’s a pretty easy weapon. You just need to get in range and land a hit. Then they’re dead.

Never used the cudgel except for the training mission though. Give both a try and decide what fits you better.

• a good archer needs a a good stabbing weapon so i prefer the shortsword,but the cudgel sometimes takes the enemy by surprise,especially the overheads.Use the one that you like the most,i hate daggers and i can’t use them,but some archers can rule using them,it all comes to what you lke the best :)

• @AndreaTheArcher:

a good archer needs a a good stabbing weapon so i prefer the shortsword,but the cudgel sometimes takes the enemy by surprise,especially the overheads.Use the one that you like the most,i hate daggers and i can’t use them,but some archers can rule using them,it all comes to what you lke the best :)

Agreed. Daggering archers terrify me more than men at arms. Once you fail to block, you’re screwed. That’s the big advantage of the daggers. But their downside is you need to get pretty close (except for the broad dagger, which now looks like a weird shortsword)

A secondary I also like pretty much is the saber. You should try it if you haven’t yet. it’s not very strong and not very fast, but it has a nice reach for a secondary. When I play vanguard (that means: ALWAYS), my only decision is: Shortsword or saber?

• Cudgel is good for riposte overheads, Shortsword is a better all-round weapon (as all swords are). Blunt has better overheads, weaker other things, sword is good for any attack. If you are always pressured by Knights use cudgels, but archer-killers tend to be MAA so shortsword is just better at dealing with them.

• Shortsword is hands down the best choice of 2ndry for archer.

The speed and damage of the stab makes it an excellent starter for combing. The speed of parry and recovery also make it excellent for defense.

A very strong combo is Stab->overhead->stab->LMB this coupled with correct footwork is very difficult to defend against and easily decimates most mid->low level players (even some high level players have difficulty defending against it, thanks bubble).

The sabre is too slow. The cudgel is again too slow for its weak range. The daggers are set back too much by the bubble and you’ll run into problems where you think you should hit but don’t because the bubble thing + a bit of random lag bounces you away from your opponent. Ironically I find this bubble also makes it really hard sometimes to parry a dagger because they bounce out of parry range and just plain miss.

• I swear by the dagger. Vanguards go down especially easily with it.

• How many times do I need to repeat the same dialogue of angry conversation? Multiple it seems.

Revert the sabre’s damage and wind up times and let us have back the weapon that allowed sword fighting with it. It was so superior to the short sword and the cudgel, it was unbelievable but it was balanced by the fact that you needed to be on the ball with your attacks and footwork.

• @trooper:

How many times do I need to repeat the same dialogue of angry conversation? Multiple it seems.

Revert the sabre’s damage and wind up times and let us have back the weapon that allowed sword fighting with it. It was so superior to the short sword and the cudgel, it was unbelievable but it was balanced by the fact that you needed to be on the ball with your attacks and footwork.

So you are saying you want the sabre, that was so superior to the other 2 weapons on the tier, to be reverted back to that state… umm…