Suggestion: Add tracers for all projectiles

• Hi there!

I just wanted to make a suggestion to add a visible path indicator to all projectiles. At the moment, it is very hard to tell where your shot actually traveled, versus where you believe it may have traveled.

Example : Shooting a random target with the pistol (yes, while crouched). He may be moving slowly, but when firing a hit is not registered, did you fail to lead the target properly? Did you over/undershoot? Did it go through but fail to register?

I would like to definitely see projectile paths for the shuriken and the pirate guns.

Thanks!

• I sense this is an important thing for the devs? I hope, anyway?

I did well with pirate, but there were times when I missed where I didn’t know if my gun’s inaccuracy (sometimes it just doesn’t go where you want) or my own was to blame.

Perhaps this should be an important topic to think about when considering balance (should other players see the tracer?) I think so, as it seems you are supposed to know where they are (by the sound) when they fire, anyway.

I’d be totally fine with the arrow tracers slapped on them, even.

• aoc_drawtracer 1? o.0? I’d rather not see white smoke tracers flying around everywhere when there’s 10 Pirates or whatever it is you’re asking for.

• @Daiyuki:

aoc_drawtracer 1? o.0? I’d rather not see white smoke tracers flying around everywhere when there’s 10 Pirates or whatever it is you’re asking for.

I think there’s greater issues if this game consistently has 10 pirate jamborees. I’d like to see it tested at least. Perhaps with altered less bloated tracers.