Game Modes

• One thing I think that both vanilla Chivalry and DW are lacking is several interesting game modes. Here are a few I would suggest to add.

1. Guardian. This is a game mode in Gears of War similar to TDM in which there are also two leaders. The objective is to kill the enemy team’s leader. Once a team’s leader has been killed, that team cannot spawn anymore and the other team has to finish them off to win. If players are dead and waiting to respawn when their leader dies, they can respawn one last time. This game mode could easily be accomplished for Chivalry, because there are already kings with high health and a TDM mode where players can’t respawn once their team is out of resources. Simply add the kings to TDM and change some coding around. Make sure to allow each team to pick their leader at the start of the match though. This could added to both vanilla Chiv and DW.

http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian

2. Infection. One of Halo’s best game modes. Now that there are zombies and vampires (by the way, thank you so much for making that its own game mode) there should also be an Infection game mode, that cycles each map from being either zombies vs all the other classes or vampires vs the default classes. The game starts off with one or two zombies or vampires vs 10 or more humans. Once someone is killed by a zombie or vampire, they are infected and join the team of the undead. I think this would be very fast-paced, intense and fun, just as it is in Halo. It’s also another mode I don’t think would be very hard the make, considering zombies and vampires are already in the game. It would just be a matter of randomly selecting a certain number of players at the beginning of the game and then making everyone that is infected become that class. It would be like LTS with a twist. DW only of course.

3. Regicide. Also from Halo. A FFA game mode where the player in first is the king. As the king racks up kills, their bounty increases, thereby increasing the points other players gain from killing the king. An icon on the HUD gives away the king’s location at all times during the match, intensely focusing combat wherever the point leader happens to be. This could also be in vanilla Chiv and DW.

4. Domination. From Call of Duty. There are three flags in fixed positions around the map. By standing within a certain radius of the flag for a certain amount of time, a player can capture the flag for their team. They can then defend that flag or make a push onto another flag. Points are awarded for capturing flags, and points continue to stack up for a team the longer they have control of a flag. If they have control of all three flags, the points add up faster. Points are also awarded for kills and assists, and bonus points are awarded if you kill an enemy within the radius of a flag your team controls or you kill an enemy within the radius of their flag you are trying to capture. This would be very intense in Chiv and would bring a lot of strategy into the game, more so than even TO. I also think this would be simple to implement and could be in both titles.

5. Gun Game (the irony). Also from Call of Duty. A free for all game mode with a fixed tier list of 20 weapons that scale in power. Once you get a kill with that weapon, you move up a tier. If you are stabbed by another player, you are demoted a tier. I suggest that in Chiv there is either no demotion system or people are demoted from fist kills. Or perhaps the first tier is the hunting knife or broad dagger and if you are killed by that you are demoted. So it would go from dagger, to van secondaries, to knight secondaries, then van weapons, then archer ranged weapons (maybe, in COD it goes to snipers a bit over halfway through the tier), then to two handed knight weapons, culminating in the grand mace or maul. This would work the best in vanilla Chiv alone.

6. Better Capture the Flag and King of the Hill modes that feel like they could actually be played competitively.

That’s about it, but I’m sure I could think of more given time. I think that several more fun game modes would make Chivalry a lot more diverse and more appealing to new players. More maps for both vanilla Chiv and DW would be a major thing to. A new TO map or two for vanilla would be much appreciated.

Please post thoughts on these ideas and suggest your own ideas for new game modes.

• “Now that there are zombies and vampires”?

I thought that was dismissed as false information.

Also gun game came from counter strike.

• Probably Infection, too (there were many zombie mods for CS:S).

• @lemonater47:

“Now that there are zombies and vampires”?

I thought that was dismissed as false information.

Also gun game came from counter strike.

Yep, zombies and vampires are not in DW afaik. The classes we can choose from are the classes we have.

And lemon is right, gun game came from CSS.

• “Now that there are zombies and vampires”

• Well I feel stupid now, I had heard several times that there was going to be a zombies vs vampires mode. Anyway, my point still stands. More game modes would do vanilla and DW a lot of good and add appeal and longevity to them.

• I really enjoyed playing the multi team LTS mode, but feel it may require some different rules from normal LTS. With multiple teams, it’ll be quite easy for one team to just sit back and wait for the other teams to die/get to low numbers before cleaning up. Instead of using just rounds as the method of scoring the game, perhaps have kills be counted in someway as well to motivate attacking.

Have each kill be worth a certain amount of points, while the last team standing gets more. For instance, each kill being worth 1 point, being the last team worth 10. Or, just give the team that killed the most enemies points. Most kills worth 5 points, last team standing worth 5 or 10. First to 50/60/70, whatever, wins. Anything to give incentive to attacking instead of camping. This would obviously apply only to multi-team LTS.

• ^ I couldn’t support this idea more. If anyone here has ever played FFA mode in the Total War games in which the last player standing wins, you will know that this system is very exploitable. One team, as Naleaus said, would simply wait for the other teams to duke it out and then swoop in to clean up the mess. There must be an incentive to take the initiative.

• @?:

Well I feel stupid now, I had heard several times that there was going to be a zombies vs vampires mode. Anyway, my point still stands. More game modes would do vanilla and DW a lot of good and add appeal and longevity to them.

Aww don’t feel bad! That makes me sad!!