[TEAM][MAP] Faucheur Tactics for LTS

• Posting our strats for LTS. I kind of wish tournaments would only be for TO since LTS is a pretty lame mode in comparison to TO for competitive play. The most obvious reason being no incentive to attack that causes plenty of imbalances, especially for most maps since the sides tend to be favored for one team or the other just by first picks.

More to come. But I will explain throneroom first.

GENERAL

(in no particular order)

1. Synergy is more important than individual skill.

2. Good archers can make or break teams.

3. Good archers cannot carry a weak front-line.

4. If you have a greater number of archers, you should be playing defensive, if not, play aggressive.

5. Communication is important to call things out. Never be running in blind.

6. Don’t waste too many resources on one pick (i.e an archer shouldn’t be wasting time trying to kill the
    enemy archer when a teammate forced him to pull out his melee weapon; 3v1s are overkill.)

7. Search for 2v1s as much as possible, never be in a 1v2 situation unless you are a MAA. And MAAs in that situation should focus on staying alive. If you can kill one before you die or get both to critical and get a decent fire pot off then you’ve done your job. Being in 1v2 situations generally makes it easier for your front-lines.

8. When 2v1ing, never both be attacking from directly in front. One person should attack the right side, and one on the left. You should almost never have to parry in these circumstances and just keep attacking.

9. Don’t get distracted by MAAs too much. Leave those to other MAA and/or archers. Vanguards are great at covering knights as well.

10. Knights should be constantly pressuring once the clash happens; knights have the biggest health pool and heavy pressure will allow the rest of the team to do what they need to do. At least 2 knights are recommended.

11. Be mindful of compositions. Have counter-play weapons considered, be versatile.

12. Generally our main comp is 2 knights 1 vanguard 1 MAA 1 archer. Double archer setups usually run a crossbow and a warbow. Heavy crossbow if against double archer + MAA and/or double MAA. You generally cannot play aggressive when using a crossbow due to reload times.

13. Learn to read feints, and don’t be afraid to feint.

14. Switch targets often.

15. Buddy systems help. Make sure someone is watching someone’s back at all times.

16. A good initiation generally wins the clash every time.

17. One weak teammate can completely break 4 or 5 good teammates.

THRONEROOM

ADVANTAGE: Mason – If doing big time turtle double archer strat, agatha has the advantage when playing near spawn and staircases to hide under. Mason generally has an advantage if both teams are lingering around chokes due to Mason being able to quickly reinforce either side, as well as having a secondary choke if needed.

This is the model we use when going aggressive.

WHEN TO GO AGGRESSIVE – If an archer hits someone or if you see a flanker going through mid. If a flanker attempts to rush to a staircase through mid, rush through the choke and throw fire in the designated areas to keep the enemy pinned and/or split. Have one person watch the choke and keep the flanker at bay (preferrably MAA).

IF THE ENEMY RUSHES THROUGH CHOKE – Throw fire on the main choke and frontlines pressure them at the doorway. If enemies are coming from both sides, everyone should collapse to one side and one person should be watching the bridge (secondary choke).

Mason side can effectively nullify any flank attempts, which gives them a huge advantage on this map.

• @NoVaLombardia:

2. Good archers cannot carry a weak front-line.

I’d disagree with that.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@NoVaLombardia:

I’d disagree with that.

Really? You were agreeing before your edit :)

• @NoVaLombardia:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@NoVaLombardia:

I’d disagree with that.

Really? You were agreeing before your edit :)

Misread your post at first ;)
    I think that great archer can carry half-decent team to victory against teams with much better melee front-line. Archers can change result of an entire fight before the clash and engagement even happens.
    Having a great archer in your team is more important than for example having a great vanguard or knight.

• There is some merit to that, however if the front-lines get absolutely decimated, no archer can carry that.

Don’t forget how much of an impact a massive firepot has as well.

Either way, archers are much more powerful in LTS than the other modes, simply due to the nature of LTS. Which begs the question why NA loves LTS so much more over TO -_-

Plz stop with the LTS tourneys.

• double post -_-

what happened to the delete post option?

• @NoVaLombardia:

There is some merit to that, however if the front-lines get absolutely decimated, no archer can carry that.

Don’t forget how much of an impact a massive firepot has as well.

Either way, archers are much more powerful in LTS than the other modes, simply due to the nature of LTS. Which begs the question why NA loves LTS so much more over TO -_-

Plz stop with the LTS tourneys.

In Europe it’s opposite, we rarely play LTS :P