Shield block twitching bug

• Hi, since one of the recent patches whenever i use a shield and get hit with an arrow or weapon when i try to block with a shield it twitches and i get hit. It makes it basically impossible to hold a block and makes shields virtually useless for me. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. It’s kind of breaking the game for me since i usually play duel mode.

• Why are you using a shield in duel mode?

• @Footbeard:

Why are you using a shield in duel mode?

Ignoring the fact that your question has arguably nothing to do with this bug report, the answer is probably archers.

• @Footbeard:

I use the flail.

• @Influence_X:

@Footbeard:

I use the flail.

/Chest bump

Do us a favor and try it with a kite shield and a 1 handed sword or something. See if it’s buckler specific?

Maybe for some more extensive testing see if you’re receiving the same results with the javelin buckler as well (yeah I know, I hate javelins too), and the MaA buckler.

Pre-patch 3 I had issues with the buckler (cus I, too, like to flail sometimes) as well, and one of the issues was what you’re talking about. Another issue I would have with it was that the shield would become stuck in the raised position and could not be lowered until I pressed the RMB again and released.

• Going a bit off-topic to express myself about Archery at duel mode. I honestly think they have nothing to do there, there should be a way to toggle something that you will never be set up with a match versus an Archer in the duel pool.

Being randomly set up against an Archer in duel mode is pretty irritating when you are there for real combat, should also be toggle-able for Man at arms, Vanguards and Knights.

You have to explain the situation a bit more before I can properly guess what the issue is.

So far my guess is that during the part where you lower your shield, it doesn’t block projectiles. I can’t confirm that yet.

• @Influence_X:

@Footbeard:

I use the flail.

Pimp knight. I retract my barbed comment.

• @Sir:

@Footbeard:

Ignoring the fact that your question has arguably nothing to do with this bug report, the answer is probably archers.

There’s nothing wrong with a casual shitpost.

• @Influence_X:

Hi, since one of the recent patches whenever i use a shield and get hit with an arrow or weapon when i try to block with a shield it twitches and i get hit. It makes it basically impossible to hold a block and makes shields virtually useless for me. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. It’s kind of breaking the game for me since i usually play duel mode.

I have noticed a similar experience since the hotfix where my shield seems to be rapidly twitching between block and passive. It happens extremely quickly and randomly so I have yet to figure out what might be causing it.