Let's talk about a few things…

• 1. Spears. The Vanguard’s normal Spear (First one) isn’t that bad, pretty balanced, but my god. The other spears are insanely overpowered. All the user has to do is spam stabs, if you try to block, you lose Stamina much faster than the Vanguard and get knocked out of range. If you try to attack after a block, they can charge up a second stab much faster (Faster than 1h weapons, maybe not daggers) than you can, resulting in you getting interrupted and taking much more damage. I don’t why these weapons exist in such an unbalanced manner.

2. Daggers. Daggers constantly get around my tower shields. Enough said… they’re insanely unblockable for Whatever reason. They can get around a shield easier than an axe. Whose whole point is to get around/break shields…

3. Buckler on Knight. I don’t understand why the weakest Knight weapons (Flails) grant forced buckler use, but okay. It was stupid when it was released (In fact all of those weapons from that patch are), and it is still stupid now. If I was in the discussion on what shield to use on Knight with Flail, and someone suggested the Buckler, I would laugh it off and take it as if they were joking. It’s just that bad of a game-design decision. Now, the issue isn’t so much the buckler, as it is bucker on knight. I play Javelin the most, and I can do well in close quarters combat with the buckler, but my god. It is absolutely BROKEN on knight. I don’t know the difference, but it just is. Just by looking at the model, it appears as if the knight is holding the shield much farther out, while Archers tuck it into their side. If you’re going to force buckler use for an incredibly stupid reason (Wanting to make it a crappy weapon when it is already worse than all other weapons…?), at least do it properly.

You made a good game, but you screw up almost everything in related to balance. I don’t get how game designers can be this bad at game design… When Deadliest Spunkgargleweewee Warrior comes out, there will just be a whole new slew of balance issues and bugs. I suggest focusing on finishing the base game instead of making that. I am excited for it, but not when the base game is pretty messed up.

• Why would you even bother with a balance post… there are no more balance changes coming…

• @gregcau:

Why would you even bother with a balance post… there are no more balance changes coming…

It’s funny becaue I’ve mentioned that to Slygoat and this isn’t even true.

• lol guys… fork is way overpowered… discussion over.

• @NoVaLombardia:

lol guys… fork is way overpowered… discussion over.

Too much Marshmallow cooking power
    and the marshmallows are my face

• One thing to potentially try is tanking one hit to get closer, stabbing just after you get hit.

Unless crouching and blocking reduces the knockback? That might be a bit better :P

• Buckler as archer is impossible to work against good players.

• @Mustaklaki:

1. Spears. The Vanguard’s normal Spear (First one) isn’t that bad, pretty balanced, but my god. The other spears are insanely overpowered. All the user has to do is spam stabs, if you try to block, you lose Stamina much faster than the Vanguard and get knocked out of range. If you try to attack after a block, they can charge up a second stab much faster (Faster than 1h weapons, maybe not daggers) than you can, resulting in you getting interrupted and taking much more damage. I don’t why these weapons exist in such an unbalanced manner.

2. Daggers. Daggers constantly get around my tower shields. Enough said… they’re insanely unblockable for Whatever reason. They can get around a shield easier than an axe. Whose whole point is to get around/break shields…

3. Buckler on Knight. I don’t understand why the weakest Knight weapons (Flails) grant forced buckler use, but okay. It was stupid when it was released (In fact all of those weapons from that patch are), and it is still stupid now. If I was in the discussion on what shield to use on Knight with Flail, and someone suggested the Buckler, I would laugh it off and take it as if they were joking. It’s just that bad of a game-design decision. Now, the issue isn’t so much the buckler, as it is bucker on knight. I play Javelin the most, and I can do well in close quarters combat with the buckler, but my god. It is absolutely BROKEN on knight. I don’t know the difference, but it just is. Just by looking at the model, it appears as if the knight is holding the shield much farther out, while Archers tuck it into their side. If you’re going to force buckler use for an incredibly stupid reason (Wanting to make it a crappy weapon when it is already worse than all other weapons…?), at least do it properly.

You made a good game, but you screw up almost everything in related to balance. I don’t get how game designers can be this bad at game design… When Deadliest Spunkgargleweewee Warrior comes out, there will just be a whole new slew of balance issues and bugs. I suggest focusing on finishing the base game instead of making that. I am excited for it, but not when the base game is pretty messed up.

I agree with you in some points. The knight could use another shield for the flail. Heater maybe?
    The buckler is just crap. Not only on the knight. I get the feeling, that parrying is easier than blocking with the buckler.
    But the flail isn’t such a bad weapon.
    And You said all of the added weapons are shit? Haha! Have you ever played with or against the quaterstaff? It’s damn amazing!

You know, not every weapon is bad, if you can’t handle it the first time you play it. Some weapons require more practice, some less. And you need to find tactics. The quaterstaff may be bad on the paper, but in practice it’s really good.

Daggers should get some kind of nerf. But not speed, reach or damage. I know what you think. What should they nerf instead? Simple: The flinch! If you#re hit by a dagger ONE TIME you’re dead, unless the guy wielding the dagger is a full retard. His next hits WILL hit you thanks to the flinch. You can’t do anything about it. And the flinch in release bug makes it even worse.

About that getting around the shield: You don’t turn enough. Especially onehanded weapons are hard to block when slashing. You may feel the need to turn 90° while blocking/parrying. Sometimes its really necessary. Usually its 80° or so.
    Remember what Captain Neckhole taught us all? “To ALWAYS effectively block, make sure you’re looking RIGHT at the TIP of your enemy’s weapon. Keep it in the center of your view, as you block.”
    Onehanded slashes actually require you to turn much, to keep the weapon in your view.

That’s a lesson I had to learn to.
    But did the kiteshield get a new hitbox or something?

Today when I was playing, I got around it with my greatsword. Normally I never got around it, even though my animation got around it, the hitbox seemed to be bigger than the model. That changed somehow.

• On your first point. Spears aren’t that deadly if you get in close, unless you are talking about the fork. In that case, feint first if you can. You don’t want spears to parry you because it can be hard to tell if a riposte is coming.

• @enicalyhT:

Buckler as archer is impossible to work against good players.

Yes,
    The buckler is very good when used by good players, i’ll second that.

• Try playing third person when using tower shield. Practically a must imo.