Chivalry: Medieval Warfare CU2 Patch 1

• Content Update 2, Patch 1 for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is now live. Please see the patch notes for all changes made.

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Crosshair will now turn red when aimed at enemies and blue for allies, and activate at a much longer range.

• Some team-locked customization colors have been modified for easier differentiation.

• Ranged weapons now properly aim with the crosshair in third person. (Minor crosshair improvements in first person as well)

• Double tap dodge is now disabled if one button dodge is enabled.

• Selecting “random” in team select will always assign you to the team with less players when teams are uneven.

FIXES:

• Game crash when trying to join a friend through Steam.

• Server browser thinking a server is full when it isn’t.

• Dodging out of stagger.

• Man-at-Arms “Superjump” (kick and battlecry variants)

• Desync with “fake” combo attacks when queuing an attack at the very start of recovery.

• Desync causing it to be possible to attack and parry simultaneously.

• Ranged weapon animations improved to always play correctly for others, and actually show the arrow being loaded.

• Mason kite shield not appearing on back.

• Kicking a player from the scoreboard works again (was blocked by requiring a reason for the kick).

• Some achievements which were previously unreliable can now be earned properly. (Tutorial achievements still do not work!)

• Javelin shield punch tracers more reliably match the attack.

• CTF flag indicators should display properly.

• Certain characters in player names breaking name display (Player123 bug).

• Broken Malric model/textures.

• Shield on back shadow not displaying in first person.

• ty so much for fixing Mason kite shield on back, finally. Now, time to remind about the catapult “fast clicks” and arrow cam for it.

Also, where are the claymore changes and longsword buffs?

• My rank keeps getting reset to 5 and 0…

By the way, dodge out of stun is still here…

• Cool, at least it’s something.

• I thought Malric looked a bit weird.

Should have said you were testing all this to the community. They would have been way less paranoid.

• hmm I can’t seem to get the update to kick off despite killing off the steam processes. I wonder if it is really live. Certainly dont see blue crosshairs.

• @Kimiko:

Crosshair will now turn red when aimed at enemies and blue for allies, and activate at a much longer range.

This is not a good change and won’t reduce the amount of people crying about archers.
    People don’t get TKd by archers because they can’t differentiate their team from their enemy, it’s because they are firing into a mass of both and whomever gets hit gets hit.

@Kimiko:

Some team-locked customization colors have been modified for easier differentiation.

Unnecessarily reduces options, there should have been an option to disable customization from the get-go and the option should be implemented even now.

@Kimiko:

Game crash when trying to join a friend through Steam.

About time.

@Kimiko:

Desync with “fake” combo attacks when queuing an attack at the very start of recovery.

@Kimiko:

Desync causing it to be possible to attack and parry simultaneously.

Good work.

When can we expect any balance related updates? Oh, and the long over-due SDK.
    Oh and what about actual new content, has there been any since January?
    Is Chivalry: Easiest Cashgrab really taking up that much time and resources?

• The superjump was ‘fixed’. I am sad :(

• @gregcau:

hmm I can’t seem to get the update to kick off despite killing off the steam processes. I wonder if it is really live. Certainly dont see blue crosshairs.

I guess I got the update while away seems I have it now

• @Kimiko:

• Some achievements which were previously unreliable can now be earned properly.

Can we know what has been done for the achievements? Are they all obtainable now? I don’t want to waste my time like I did before.

• @?B:

Cool, at least it’s something.

+1

• @Lulzaur:

@Kimiko:

• Some achievements which were previously unreliable can now be earned properly.

Can we know what has been done for the achievements? Are they all obtainable now? I don’t want to waste my time like I did before.

All of the achievements have been fixed except for the tutorial achievements.

• @Kimiko:

How do disable one button dodge, then? Deleting keybind doesn’t do it.

• @Kimiko:

@Lulzaur:

@Kimiko:

All of the achievements have been fixed except for the tutorial achievements.

Thanks for the precision! I’m glad some fixes has been made. Still disapointed that those haven’t been fixed. Any reason why?

• Black is light grey now?

I thought you were gonna change it to a “very very dark grey”.

For the red and light grey.

And the blue is now a light baby blue.

Come on people weren’t that blind.

• @KONGEN:

@Kimiko:

How do disable one button dodge, then? Deleting keybind doesn’t do it.

TELL ME HOW TO DISABLE ONE BUTTON DODGE, AND DO IT RIGHT NOW

FINALLY FIGURED OUT THERE WAS A SMALL CHECKBOX TO THE RIGHT IN CUSTOMIZE BUTTONS SECTION

:berz: :berz:

• @lemonater47:

Black is light grey now?

I thought you were gonna change it to a “very very dark grey”.

For the red and light grey.

And the blue is now a light baby blue.

Come on people weren’t that blind.

THIS! Colors look terrible now. I guess we owe this to all the people that refused to adapt.

That awkward moment when you realize this patch took 1 and half months to come out, didn’t add anything worthwhile (quite the opposite actually) and only now addresses the things the last patch broke. :?

• As long as the T-post for MAA is not fixed….

Also, what was teh cause of the attack and parry simultaneously, was it triggered by what I was describing when I reported it, or was it something else? Just curious.

• was expecting more for the size of the patch (you guys got my hopes up) but it seems the game takes a lot even for small bug fixes, size of this patch was the size of an update for payday 2 and marvel heroes lol :P

damn :(

when can we expect a content update? glad you guys have locked some of the colours though… does this mean no dark blue agatha’s that look like masons? lmao

• Where are the patch notes?