What happened to the "no helmet" option for Vanguards?

• It’s there for every other class… but not Vanguards? Bug? Intentional?

I want to take my helmet off again because it looks way more cool than the goofy helmets they have.

• People who don’t want to think before they attack and complained about it being too hard to differentiate on the battlefield made it so Vanguards no longer can go helmet-less.

Thank you guys!

• Really? That’s a joke, right?

Certainly people can tell the difference between black/red and white/blue

• Oh they can, they just use it as an excuse to have TB hold their hand and restrict customization options from the greater player base. Now you get less options. No option to remove helmet on Van, no dark blue option for Agatha, no dark grey or black for Mason. Thanks TB for giving in!

• @dillweasel:

Oh they can, they just use it as an excuse to have TB hold their hand and restrict customization options from the greater player base. Now you get less options. No option to remove helmet on Van, no dark blue option for Agatha, no dark grey or black for Mason. Thanks TB for giving in!

People wanted TBS to listen to the community. And they did.

The wrong people yes but kudos for trying.

Also the faces of both vanguards is the same. Though by the looks of things the vanguard seems to be the first class then modelled and back then they all worked in their own time at home with no pay.

• Well if the devs want to be not-lazy… how about adding a couple things to the vanguard models to appease the nubs so I can go helmetless again? It looks cool and makes me FEEL cool because I’m running around without a helmet AND no shield.

• you know this community guys, nerf anything that people can’t fathom with their massive brain powers

• @dillweasel:

People who don’t want to think before they attack and complained about it being too hard to differentiate on the battlefield made it so Vanguards no longer can go helmet-less.

Thank you guys!

Taking time to figure out what team a guy’s on during a fight is bad and wasn’t an issue before customization

I’d love to see customization go away entirely in team modes tbh

• @clayton-bigsby:

you know this community guys, nerf anything that people can’t fathom with their massive brain powers

That’s what DICE did for BF3. They listened to the community. And most of the community were saying nerf everything. They would nerf a bunch of weapons because of the community. But that made another group of weapons OP so the community didn’t like that and dice nerfed them too. That In turn made another group of weapons OP. This cycle went on for a while.

Then DICE pretty much said fuck the community and rebalanced the whole game an now its mostly balanced. They didn’t change what the community wanted. But the game got more balanced. And much of the community were amazed by this. Its probably why DICE are far developers and the community aren’t.

Torn banner have been pretty good with weapon balance. There’s a few things in my opinion that should of been changed like SOW nerf but other than that its fine. And that’s only my opinion. SOW is really the only weapon I see where you can’t do well with in pubs and competitive play. Though I don’t do much competitive stuff. Though really only competitive players do classic duel so you could probably count that as competitive play too.

And you got me talking about balance again. I’m terrible. Back on topic.

• Then DICE pretty much said fuck the community and rebalanced the whole game an now its mostly balanced. They didn’t change what the community wanted. But the game got more balanced. And much of the community were amazed by this.

This. It was the same thing with Capcom and their Street Fighter serie. Every time the community got involved it was a huge mess.

• The patch ruined my teutonic vanguard!! now his black cross has become a grey cross!! As if his armor was lying in the sun for so long that the color burned away.

I have no problem witht the lighter blue for the agathians, but I think its TOO light now. Almost now difference between light and dark blue now.

And why the hell does my mason vanguard now have to be GREY and red and why does he HAVE to wear a helmet? Come on TBS! Don’t ruin it!!

Also the patchnotes said that something about the lookdown overhead was fixed. What is it? I can still do a lookdown overhead.

• Vanguard of Antioch goes down the drain as well…

Hemletless Vangaurds weren’t good options from the start - their helmets are the only thing you can distinguish between Mason and Agatha for that class, so the lack of “no helmet” option is a good one.

• @Holy.Death:

Vanguard of Antioch goes down the drain as well…

Hemletless Vangaurds weren’t good options from the start - their helmets are the only thing you can distinguish between Mason and Agatha for that class, so the lack of “no helmet” option is a good one.

What about THE COLORS?!
    Ever seen a white, blue or golden Mason? Ever seen a red or black Agathian?

Not me. I never had any problems with that.

• Save for helmet their model is the same, so - in my opinion - they should have one, unless they lose it in combat. I didn’t have problems with telling friend-or-foe (yes, colors do help here), but I still think this is sensible change.

• @Peter:

@Holy.Death:

What about THE COLORS?!

Prior to the patch I never had to think about Mason/Agatha colors, I just had to think about red team and blue team like every other team game ever (except for CS).

But then they through that out the window and decided Agatha can wear purple, literally halfway between blue and red.

• Removed for taking too much work (faces or clothing had to be different) proving me right about Torn Banner and feature removal.

• @Altimor:

@Peter:

@Holy.Death:

What about THE COLORS?!

Prior to the patch I never had to think about Mason/Agatha colors, I just had to think about red team and blue team like every other team game ever (except for CS).

But then they through that out the window and decided Agatha can wear purple, literally halfway between blue and red.

Agatha can’t war purple! Only for trims and emblems, but not the basecolor. And you’re not trying to tell me that the trimcolor is more important for you than the base color. Trims were dominant on some patterns in the beta, but that’s fixed.

• It looks like pretty much everyone hates the new color changes. They really tinkered too much with something that didn’t really need tinkering with. All they needed to do was adjust the Mason black ever so slightly to make it actually look like a texture. The new crosshair feature would have taken care of everyone else that had a problem with differentiation.

Like Lemonator coined - “For the red and grey!”

• @Sidewinder:

…. All they needed to do was adjust the Mason black ever so slightly to make it actually look like a texture…

That did look weird; glad that’s gone.

Swimming against the tide here but I do prefer the look of the game now, hard to specifically say whats improved, just feels better. Guess it would of been a bit of a downer if I couldn’t stick with my customisation choices though.

• You’re right! A lot of people chose to customize their warriors with black on the Mason side and dark blue on the Agatha. Now they’ve ripped those options from us. I’m sure those who chose different colors couldn’t care less and that’s understandable.