Crosshair doesn't change color as Archer

• Was this intentional? When I saw the latest update, and how the crosshair would change color based on enemies or friendly, I was pretty excited. Finally I would be able to tell at a distance, whether I was shooting at an enemy or not.

But the crosshair changes color for every class, EXCEPT archer?

Why? Is this a bug or intentional?

• Seriously? Nobody else is having this problem?

• I’m fairly sure that it’s intentional for it not to change when using ranged weapons, that would render smoke pots kind of useless.

• @Peculiar:

I’m fairly sure that it’s intentional for it not to change when using ranged weapons, that would render smoke pots kind of useless.

That is an interesting point. They could still have implemented this feature for archers, except for when archers have no vision on their crosshair target. This restriction could also apply to smoke pot effects. I’m just riffing here.

• Good point. You could the same about other classes too though, but yes, it would make the archer the most unbalanced in that instance.

I think perhaps, like Sir Foxworth said, checking on whether the archer actually has a line of sight to the person, and THEN changing the crosshair colour would work.

• You can still see the names from far away as an archer. I still hate this change as they made crossbows easier than before. :I