Why is Mason's black color a gray now?

• Honestly, I think it’s a shame that the mason’s black color in the customization, has been toned down to a gray color, for the teamplay gamemodes. So, why has it been changed?

• @Vikingr:

Honestly, I think it’s a shame that the mason’s black color in the customization, has been toned down to a gray color, for the teamplay gamemodes. So, why has it been changed?

Too many people thought it looked similar to the Agathian dark blue in the heat of passion…er battle.

• @?B:

@Vikingr:

Honestly, I think it’s a shame that the mason’s black color in the customization, has been toned down to a gray color, for the teamplay gamemodes. So, why has it been changed?

Too many people thought it looked similar to the Agathian dark blue in the heat of passion…er battle.

Should have gotten rid of Agathas dark blue and left the Mason black.

• I want it back! At least for the emblems!

I also want it to replace the pitch black from FFA customization. And of course: Bring back the dark blue for FFA customization (now we got two colors that almost look alike).

• Agreed. Back to black.

I never had any major problems distinguishing the black and the dark blue. Most color-teamkills happen when characters are covered in oil, too much blood or strange lightning. The colored crosshair should deal with those issues.

Also what about an option in the game settings to turn off all customizations client-side? I personally love the customizations, but there are many who would rather have them turned off. Easy way to please them all.

• @Evil:

I want it back! At least for the emblems!

I also want it to replace the pitch black from FFA customization. And of course: Bring back the dark blue for FFA customization (now we got two colors that almost look alike).

Taking away the original black and the original dark blue for emblems was a huge mistake. I don’t know why their “solutions” to “problems” have to be removing options.

• They probably could have kept black as It was. Just lightened up the blue a bit.

Well manybe make the black a tad lighter. Just enough to make it look a bit like a texture.

• the dark blue for agatha used to look better before, now it’s like a real chalky looking blue, not even dark blue anymore… does not look nearly as good as before.

• @lemonater47:

They probably could have kept black as It was. Just lightened up the blue a bit.

Well manybe make the black a tad lighter. Just enough to make it look a bit like a texture.

That would have been my suggestion. The terrible light blue they settled on is far too light though. Just like Clay said, it looks like chalky. I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing that color lol.

• I’d say revert the color changes, since crosshair’ team-specific coloring now solves the problem itself.

• I’m very sad about these color changes. My dark blue on Agatha is non-existant and Mason “black” wherefore art thou? It is a sad day for us dress-up warriors. :(

• @Sidewinder:

I’m very sad about these color changes. My dark blue on Agatha is non-existant and Mason “black” wherefore art thou? It is a sad day for us dress-up warriors. :(

the dark blue looks REALLY good with gold helms too :(

• @clayton-bigsby:

@Sidewinder:

I’m very sad about these color changes. My dark blue on Agatha is non-existant and Mason “black” wherefore art thou? It is a sad day for us dress-up warriors. :(

the dark blue looks REALLY good with gold helms too :(

I just don’t understand the reasoning of making it so light and washed out after making Mason black, grey and implementing the crosshair feature. Seems like the crosshair would have fixed everyone having a problem. Even through smoke, fire, and darkness your crosshair would indicate friend from foe.

Say it with me,

Bring back the blue! This just won’t do! Bring back black! This grey’s an imposterous hack! Bring back the blue!….

• Why not keep both old colors and new colors???

• @kwazi:

Why not keep both old colors and new colors???

They would have to redo the whole UI for customisation. It may seem like a small thing to do but adding things to one already made requires a lot more work and rethinking than you think.

• Bring bad old colours but give us an option to turn off customization.

• For the red and grey.

• @lemonater47:

For the red and grey.

made me lawl xD But is it just me or does the mason grey look like an Agathian in the dark?

• @?B:

@lemonater47:

For the red and grey.

made me lawl xD But is it just me or does the mason grey look like an Agathian in the dark?

That’s what I mean by its had little effect on team identification.

• I always thought that the pitch black actually looked kinda stupid, not sure if it has to be grey though