Gun parry

• So I was thinking the other day about this, and wanted to ask some opinions on this. Should Pirates be given the ability to parry with their gun? It makes sense as it was done in history, and as they are the more dedicated ranged class, it may give them a nice ‘thing’.

• Yeah, they had that feature before, I just got to test it briefly before they removed it. Was it deemed to powerful? Like someone runs up to them in close range to chop at him, he blocks with his gun, shoves the enemy away and then blast him away while he’s stunned?

• I think it was too powerful, at least from what I remember about it. I had the blunderbuss, I parried a swing, then got an easy kill shot because when your attack is parried your sprint gets locked out, so you’re a sitting duck about several meters from me. Shooting fish in a barrel.

• Yeah very OP.

Very fun to do against the bots. Parry their swing and blow their head off.

But all you had to do is wait for someone to come up to you and swing, parry then fire. Its like an unblockable, instakill riposte.

• Yeah blunderbuss parry was way too lame to keep. It’s like, instead of being rewarded for closing the distance on a pirate who’s slow in switching weapons, you just die.

• Maybe you should stop spending all your time closing in on pirates, goat.

• @dudeface:

Maybe you should stop spending all your time closing in on pirates, goat.

But I’m a pirate hunter.

• What if you’d get stunned after the parry? Would it be balanced then?

• @Mr.:

What if you’d get stunned after the parry? Would it be balanced then?

What’s the point of parrying if you get stunned each time.

• @lemonater47:

@Mr.:

You try to hold out until help arrives…?

• @SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

@Mr.:

You try to hold out until help arrives…?

So, like Chivalry before stamina gain and special daze on an out of stamina parry. Yeah, that was actually extremely terrible and annoying :P

• @SlyGoat:

So, like Chivalry before stamina gain and special daze on an out of stamina parry. Yeah, that was actually extremely terrible and annoying :P

The pirate deserves it for bringing a shotgun to a swordfight!

Joking aside, I’m not really thinking an “out of stamina” daze. More like an… inability to quickly raise the blunderbuss after a successful block, so that the enemy has enough time to strike again without the pirate being able to shoot your face off between swings. Unless you are too slow, of course. So he could block and kick you and try to run away from you but chase mechanic is not on his side.

• If you’re at a range to parry, you’re at a range to instagib them with the blunderbuss. Either don’t miss or switch to your melee.

• @SavageBeatings:

@SlyGoat:

The pirate deserves it for bringing a shotgun to a swordfight!

Joking aside, I’m not really thinking an “out of stamina” daze. More like an… inability to quickly raise the blunderbuss after a successful block, so that the enemy has enough time to strike again without the pirate being able to shoot your face off between swings. Unless you are too slow, of course. So he could block and kick you and try to run away from you but chase mechanic is not on his side.

I agree.