2x autoDL'd the new patch, chiv no longer working

• so yesterday (10-1) steam auto-downloaded the CU2 Patch 1 and it worked and was great. today (10-2) when i get on steam to play chiv it autodownloads some cmw update again. and im thinking: cool another update, 2 in 2 days. i look here at the forum for the update and see no CU2 P2 update was released. wth cmw update was steam intalling then?
    finally i launch cmw and when i click “join game” the following server browser screen doesnt populate, it doesnt even say “connecting…” or “searching…” or whatever word it says when populating the server browser–the server browser is not even look for servers! >:( tb help
    and yes i restarted steam, and logged off and back in and still a dead server browser

• Just to check whether the issue is general connectivity or server browser related, can you connect to a server via the console?

an example would be to open the console (’) and type: open 37.157.241.226:24905

• @MonkeyFiend:

Just to check whether the issue is general connectivity or server browser related, can you connect to a server via the console?

an example would be to open the console (’) and type: open 37.157.241.226:24905

hi thanks for posting. i tried that and i get the “your connection to the server has been lost” message. plz help!