Pre-ordered deadliest warrior - no key?

• Hi all,

So a few gays ago I pre-ordered Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior because, well, I’m excited as hell for this game.
    After I pre-ordered it I got an e-mail saying:

"Thanks for supporting Chivalry! To access your purchase just follow this link:

Your Humble URL"

When I follow this link all I see is an page of the humble bundle site saying “Thanks for purchasing Deadliest Warrior Expansion Pack!”. There isn’t a serial or anything. I thought I would have gotten a steam serial I could enter in steam, and then when the game releases, it would unlock in steam. Isn’t this the case?

Thanks in advance.

• @Ludwig:

So a few gays ago I pre-ordered Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

• I’d like to think a proper answer is much more appreciated by this frustrated customer since he misunderstood the concept of pre-ordering.

The Deadliest Warrior content is still under a locked beta, and will not be available to just about anyone yet. As for the “Pre-ordering”, it means that you order a game before its released, so you will get access immediately as the game is released to the public. I bet there must been some frustration due to the excitment you had about playing it, but you should try reading about what the current product you are purchasing before throwing the money out.

Hope this explains the situation more.

• @wildwulfy:

I’d like to think a proper answer is much more appreciated by this frustrated customer since he misunderstood the concept of pre-ordering.

The Deadliest Warrior content is still under a locked beta, and will not be available to just about anyone yet. As for the “Pre-ordering”, it means that you order a game before its released, so you will get access immediately as the game is released to the public. I bet there must been some frustration due to the excitment you had about playing it, but you should try reading about what the current product you are purchasing before throwing the money out.

Yeah this. Its still in a closed state.

• So where do I pre-order?

• @wildwulfy:

I’d like to think a proper answer is much more appreciated by this frustrated customer since he misunderstood the concept of pre-ordering.

Not really. The issue is humble does a terrible job of communicating exactly that and so it does look like you got ripped off from a user perspective.

For a few dollars I’m not worried, I’ll recheck humble at time of the release and see what happens.

• @gregcau:

@wildwulfy:

Not really. The issue is humble does a terrible job of communicating exactly that and so it does look like you got ripped off from a user perspective.

For a few dollars I’m not worried, I’ll recheck humble at time of the release and see what happens.

And have torn banner said that you get immediate early access to the game? No. They just said early access. No telling when.

• I think gregcau has a point in that Humble should at least have a placeholder for C:DW in the games list - I found this thread after buying the game and expecting it to appear in my Humble list (not to play immediately or add on Steam, just to know that I’ve purchased it) but there’s nothing there - will mail Humble with a suggestion to add placeholders (since so many games are on sale long before they’re finished these days) after work.

• @BrothelBlade:

I think gregcau has a point in that Humble should at least have a placeholder for C:DW in the games list - I found this thread after buying the game and expecting it to appear in my Humble list (not to play immediately or add on Steam, just to know that I’ve purchased it) but there’s nothing there - will mail Humble with a suggestion to add placeholders (since so many games are on sale long before they’re finished these days) after work.

Greg’s right about humble not being that great. But torn banner hasn’t said when your all get your early access. Its still closed alpha or whatever. Probably not in a state ready for the community.

• Torn Banner aside, what’s wrong with humble? I bought like 10 bundles from them and never had any problems or issues.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Torn Banner aside, what’s wrong with humble? I bought like 10 bundles from them and never had any problems or issues.

Very… “generic”. So when some games need specific things they don’t cater for it.

• Once we have some info for you, we’ll get it posted.

Thanks!