I seem to chat but I don't know how this could happen

• After being called a cheater continuously I started to wonder about my stats in the last weeks although I did not play regularly and most of my opponents at least seemed to be wondering about how I performed.

This night I asked my buddy to have a look at me playing and he said that I hit BEFORE my swinging animations land.

And – and this was the most interesting part – I run faster than everyone else! I first discovered it when playing as a Vanguard when I outran a Man at Arms … then I tried the Knight and still ran faster!

How could that happen? :(

I must admit that I then used to play a round on Free For All with a Man at Arms and simply killed everybody because of my unbelievable speed, but I do not want to hack anymore!

What could I have done that I am faster? Some people called me “desynced” … could that help?

• Did you overclock your cpu?

• Yup, my Core 2 Quad Q9400 is running at 3,33 GHz what is 25 % faster than it is on stock with 2,66 GHz.

You really mean THAT could explain it? :o

• Yes, but I thought this was fixed a long time ago lol

• Oh my … but I uses this CPU speed since the very beginning and this only occured lately.

Was this behaviour patched in recently?

• @MadManniMan:

Oh my … but I uses this CPU speed since the very beginning and this only occured lately.

Was this behaviour patched in recently?

Patched a while ago.

• Damn :( Those 25 % speed gain by overclocking really are an absolute necessity for me as my CPU running at stock speed isn’t capable to deliver decent FPS in Chivalry.

What now?

Devs?

• @MadManniMan:

Damn :( Those 25 % speed gain by overclocking really are an absolute necessity for me as my CPU running at stock speed isn’t capable to deliver decent FPS in Chivalry.

What now?

Devs?

I’m not sure the problem lies in your CPU, as mine is overclocked and I don’t seem to have any similar symptoms (and mine is overclocked at +30%, so it’d probably be more noticeable). It could come down to different hardware, but I doubt that…

• @Lann094:

@MadManniMan:

Damn :( Those 25 % speed gain by overclocking really are an absolute necessity for me as my CPU running at stock speed isn’t capable to deliver decent FPS in Chivalry.

What now?

Devs?

I’m not sure the problem lies in your CPU, as mine is overclocked and I don’t seem to have any similar symptoms (and mine is overclocked at +30%, so it’d probably be more noticeable). It could come down to different hardware, but I doubt that…

Old thread about Retsnom cheating coming down to an overclocking bug

Some types of overclock speed you up in game because Torn Banner.

• This bug better be fixed for C:DW…

• Damn.

Hotfix is out but no mention of this particular problem.

Are the devs even aware of this? :(

• Try sending them a PM. They should know this problem still exists.

• @MadManniMan:

Damn.

Hotfix is out but no mention of this particular problem.

Are the devs even aware of this? :(

They are aware and claimed to have fixed it a while ago in a hotfix. So you may have a different issue or the same problem that somehow avoided their hotfix.

• It’s definitely running faster? Have seen issues where lag causes players to warp/stall a bit?