The server was up

• So last night/early morning today I saw the server was still up well after the testing times. Was, today after checking it has been taken back down. Can we hope to see the server being up more than just the scheduled testing times?

• Dude it’s up like the next day after testing all the time. More often than you think.

• Ah suppose it’s new to me, haven’t been testing all that long. It’s just a shame as I think a lot more actual testing can be done with the servers being up more.

• It stays up until Kimi remembers to take it down. :roll:

• Why can’t it just stay up? Let us play whenever we want?

• Fact of the matter is, we can get better testing done of actual issues when the population is smaller, than with everyone logging in all at once. I think it was yesterday Tibbs and Ghost called out to NOT kill the flag carrier, they wanted to see what would happen when the flag was planted, but we couldn’t even coordinate that because not everyone reads the chat / is aware of what’s going on.
    Leaving the server up on off-time allows us to duel for testing balance and experience, take notice of bugs in a more controlled fashion, and overall provide better feedback because of it.

• @Gauntlet:

Fact of the matter is, we can get better testing done of actual issues when the population is smaller, than with everyone logging in all at once. I think it was yesterday Tibbs and Ghost called out to NOT kill the flag carrier, they wanted to see what would happen when the flag was planted, but we couldn’t even coordinate that because not everyone reads the chat / is aware of what’s going on.
    Leaving the server up on off-time allows us to duel for testing balance and experience, take notice of bugs in a more controlled fashion, and overall provide better feedback because of it.

Could not agree more with this, keep the scheduled testing times in for those massive battles and stress tests. Leave the server up so people can test the more intricate and smaller things of the game. Unless keeping the server up at all times is a problem, I don’t see why we can’t do this. Are the scheduled testing times there to check who’s actually testing and who isn’t?

• I believe they’re stress testing, which is harder to do when people are trickling in and out.

With that being said though, my friends and I have encountered and reported bugs every time we’ve been allowed to play. Further time allowed to play would directly result in more bugs being discovered and reported.

• @Derpasaur:

I believe they’re stress testing, which is harder to do when people are trickling in and out.

With that being said though, my friends and I have encountered and reported bugs every time we’ve been allowed to play. Further time allowed to play would directly result in more bugs being discovered and reported.

Agreed.