Thanks for the new 3rd person cameras!

• Just wanted to give feedback on them, I really, really like the last one, behind your head and centered. This is what I’m used to for warband and I feel pretty damn comfortable from this perspective, where the crosshairs are only off vertically.

I just have to unlearn keeping the crosshairs off center, but yeah, it is a very playable 3rd person perspective now. Can throw weapons (just aim high) and block/thrust with no problems, which were the things making 3rd harder to use for me in the past.

• Not to burst your bubble or anything but most servers will probably have 3rd person turned off. If you are going to learn the game I would suggest 1st person.

• I wish they’d stick to 1st only tbh.

• @-Slash-:

I wish they’d stick to 1st only tbh.

Agreed.

• I wish they’d stick to 1st only tbh.

+1

• I’m feeling that way too. Third person complicates things, brings some advantages that are hard to compensate for, and I also suspect it’ll be disabled on most servers - clan servers at least, which means a really good player who plays in 3rd person will likely have to relearn the game in first person to join a clan.

• playing maa in 1st person is considerably harder than in 3rd. So he becomes even harder to play then. u are just lacking the overview u need for dodges and your position compared to the enemy`s. i think all the other classes are fine in 1st person since they are slow and arent flipping around and such.

so u think tournaments and stuff will be played in 1st person only?

• A good maa keeps an eye on his surroundings, if you’re in the middle of a hell load of people by yourself, you’re not playing the class right. But I don’t mind third person as an option, options are always nice.

• @Knil:

Not to burst your bubble or anything but most servers will probably have 3rd person turned off. If you are going to learn the game I would suggest 1st person.

well thats BS , why dont they allow 3rd ? is it some sort of advantage ? i only play 3rd

• @-Slash-:

+1

• Whew , lots of hate for 3rd person, what did it do to you all in the past? :)

Set your FOV’s to ~105 and you’ll see the same amount of screen as the 3rd person cam, with the benefit of not being able to see things directly in front of you as well.

Either way the best part of a game for me is the learning phase, (a reason why I like beta’s that are changing a lot) so if I get to do it 3 times over, score ;)

• @Karam:

@-Slash-:

+1

• I’m with restricting 1st person, this is how the game meant to be played, but server option is a welcome thing. I think the benefits from 1st person is to make the combat look more natural and fluid, every player will try to face his enemy to see whats going on, while in 3rd person you may try to keep him on your side and slash him, which lead to dance fighting syndrome.

• If keeping people to your side and slashing them is effective, it doesn’t really matter if they are off your screen in first person, people will do it. Either they will up their FOV so they aren’t off screen, or they’ll just get good enough to keep track of where people are standing and do it anyway.

Making it annoying to do something won’t ever stop it from happening as long as that thing is effective. If they don’t want people dance fighting and looking for the hits right as the swing comes out, that problem’s been solved with warband’s weapon sweet spots (IE if you hit right as the swing comes out you whiff and do no damage nor interrupt).

• Yeah thank god its a server option, Knights with tower shield who use 3rd person are nice not to have.

• its very easy to hit them if they tower, to hit behind their shield

• Not if they’re experienced turtles.