Map names

• Developer

We’ve come up with a few names but we feel a little stuck so we’d love to get some suggestions from you guys. Feel free to throw anything out there, no name is set in stone yet. (No guarantee that any will change but pretty likely)

Current map list:
    Acropolis (spartan)
    Fortress (Samurai)
    Valley (Knight)
    Bamboo (ninja)
    Isle (pirate)
    Fjord (viking)

Remember that names need to be simple enough for people to spell and remember.

Thanks!

• I think I’d rather call the Samurai map “Tenshu.”

• I think it would be nice to stick with one word for map names. I know we probably would like to stick with English, but I wouldn’t mind calling the Samurai map “Niwa” - which just means garden in Japanese.

• “Isle” should be called “Booty”.

• @Kimiko:

I think it would be nice to stick with one word for map names. I know we probably would like to stick with English, but I wouldn’t mind calling the Samurai map “Niwa” - which just means garden in Japanese.

Pshhh it’s clearly the inner fortress! Tenshu 5eva!

• @Dr.Nick:

@Kimiko:

I think it would be nice to stick with one word for map names. I know we probably would like to stick with English, but I wouldn’t mind calling the Samurai map “Niwa” - which just means garden in Japanese.

Pshhh it’s clearly the inner fortress! Tenshu 5eva!

lol didn’t see your post for some reason haha. Yours works too. ;)

• Fjord is fitting for the viking map, but I can’t remember if the mountains surround the water that much to make it a fjord. Otherwise it’s just a village by the sea, which doesn’t sound as exotic as “fjord”. Otherwise you can just call it “by” (village) or “vik” (bay), short and simple haha! I know - Vikby! Yay!

• I like the names but where is the Slycat map?

• @ReMixx:

“Isle” should be called “Booty”.

booty island

• Isle o’Booty

• As much as I like Bamboo, I think we should change the name to:

Chambara which means swordplay. Which is a type of movie genre. I think it’d be a good fit for the whole Deadliest Warrior aspect.

Also, maybe instead of Isle, it can be named Capsized.

Actually, the pirate island should be called Chunk’s Cove, because if you’re going to have a pirate map, you better damn well have some sort of reference to The Goonies.

I think there should be something you can find in the map that makes the reference.