How to host a client side CDW Server!(Make MP server)

• As there are only 3 days a week to play multiplayer, i attempted to create a client side server in the same way that i did when hosting custom maps. It was successful and you are able to run a server off your PC that friends can join/ play on.

The steps are extremely simple and i wouldn’t be surprised if some of you are doing this already. If you aren’t server savvy, there is no need to worry. Almost everyone can do this :D

1. Navigate to your beta/alpha directory:
    **```
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\alpha\Binaries\Win32

–---------------------------------------------------------
    **2. In this directory you will find ALPHA.exe <–-- Right click on it and create a shortcut.
    This shortcut will be the icon you use to launch your server, so place it anywhere you want on you PC
    (ex: Desktop)
    Optional: Rename the shortcut you just created to something like ex:ALPHA SERVER**
    **3. Because this is simply a shortcut to the game, we must modify it a bit :)
    Select ALPHA.exe –> Right Click --> Properties**
    **4. Once properties window is open, you will notice a text field labeled "Target". This is what we will be editing.
    At first your target will only display the directory from which ALPHA.exe resides in. Leave this part untouched and go the very end.

Example of what my target originally looked like:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\alpha\Binaries\Win32\ALPHA.exe”

5. Now that you have located the text box you will type or paste this on the end

server LTS-Fjord?adminpassword=password -port=7777 -queryport=27015

Now it should look something like this…

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\alpha\Binaries\Win32\ALPHA.exe” server LTS-Fjord?adminpassword=password -port=7777 -queryport=27015

MAKE SURE THERE IS A SPACE AFTER THE "" !

\ALPHA.exe" server

**6. Now we must configure the startup command (what we just pasted into the target text box) to our liking.**
    BUT BREAKFAST! HOW TO WHAT?! ME NO UNDERSTAND! WHY ARE WE PASTING THIS INTO THE TARGET FIELD?

If you don't quite understand what this is then i shall explain. The Target field is the same thing as the startup command lines we use in steam. We are telling the process to run as a client side server. What we added on the end there were some basic configs. If you already know this and are experienced with many of the chiv startup commands then you can add more and read pass this part. For those who do not; this is the basic setup.

server LTS-Fjord?adminpassword=password -port=7777 -queryport=27015

RED= "server" This is what is telling the .exe to launch as a server instead of the game.

**GREEN**= Start-up map. The server needs a map to start up with by default. You may replace the Green text with a map of your choice.

**YELLOW**= The admin password. Simply replace it with the password of your choosing. protip: password is the most uncommon password ever used.

**BLUE**= These are the ports that the server will be using. In order for others to join THESE PORTS MUST BE OPENED! This requires **port-forwarding**. If you do not know how to do this, please read further down.
    **7. Hooray! Now that you have everything set up the way you want it, you simply double click the icon and the server log launches. You are unable to type into this as it is a log only.
    Please note that this server will NOT show up in the server browser and will only be joinable though the CONSOLE!**
    **8\. Since the server will only be joinable through console, we must get your IP address so that your friends can join. If you do not know what your ip address is or how to get it, Simply Google "What is my ip address?"**
    9.Now that you have the ip, send it to you friends! (not your enemies!) Now you must press ~ in-game to open up the console. Type this command:

open ipaddress

open 12.345.67.890

**BREAKFAST… I DID NOT NO HOW TO KOMPLETE THESE STEPS! HOW TO PORT-FORWARD?! HOW 2 PASTE CORRECTLY?!**

Having issues? Feel free to post a question below, or alternatively add me on Steam!
    ill see what i can do for you.

**STEAM NAME: Lg | Breakfast Warrior****

• Great thing for us poor Europeans. I think this is the way how Crushed hosted his server and it worked perfectly yesterday.

• Yeah thanks for breakfast for this