Overclocking my cpu to get better fps in Chiv - recommended?

• Hey all.
    As I asked in the title:
    Is it recommended to overclock my CPU to get better fps in chivalry?
    It looks kinda necessary now. Each patch makes chivalry have less fps on my pc, for whatever reason.
    And I don’t want to turn down my graphics so it looks like a playstation game.

I have a tool on my pc that was installed from the beginning. “Vtune”. I think I can overclock my cpu with that tool, but someone warned me from that.

He said it’s risky. It could break my pc, make a huge electricity consumption or whatever.

As you probably see I’m a noob in this. And… I wouldn’t let a noob work on sensitive things.

What do you guys say: Can I overclock it without worries, or should I better keep my noob fingers away from it?

• Well your friend is obviously more of a noob.

Worst case scenario your computer turns off. That’s pretty much the extent of it. You will shorten the life of your CPU but its more likely to become obsolete anyway.

Just don’t go too high.

• @lemonater47:

Well your friend is obviously more of a noob.

Worst case scenario your computer turns off. That’s pretty much the extent of it. You will shorten the life of your CPU but its more likely to become obsolete anyway.

Just don’t go too high.

Okay thank you.
    I guess it’s already obsolete anyway. Intel Core 2 Duo 2x 2.93 GHz.
    What would you recommend? +20% or more? or less?

• 20% would be a lot. Start out with smaller increases, test it out, if it’s stable you can add more, etc. Once it starts crashing or the temps get too high, throttle it back a bit.

What is your CPU?

• @dudeface:

20% would be a lot. Start out with smaller increases, test it out, if it’s stable you can add more, etc. Once it starts crashing or the temps get too high, throttle it back a bit.

What is your CPU?

Okay thanks.

Intel C2D E7500 is what the box says that had all the installing software and drivers in it.