You can't punish dodge

• Why not?

• Dodge is punished by staminadrain. Bad maa usually die by running out of stamina.

Or by dodging right into my sword. It’s hilarious! :D :D

• @Peter:

Dodge is punished by staminadrain. Bad maa usually die by running out of stamina.

You can’t judge a class by someone who is bad at playing it. A good MaA just waits for your attack, dodges and attacks you in the recovery. And when he runs out of stamina he just waits for your attack again.

• @afiNity:

And when he runs out of stamina he just waits for your attack again.

I agree. I may be annoying for other Classes but it’s his way to survive.

• @afiNity:

@Peter:

Dodge is punished by staminadrain. Bad maa usually die by running out of stamina.

You can’t judge a class by someone who is bad at playing it. A good MaA just waits for your attack, dodges and attacks you in the recovery. And when he runs out of stamina he just waits for your attack again.

That’s why I said BAD maa ;)

• You can punish dodge. But it requires a mistake to be made on his end like dodging into a wall or tree. That’s why MaA is easy mode provided you took the time to learn how it works.

• In the hands of a good MaA, the squishy 2 HTK MaA is basically an 8 HTK supertank(6 dodges) with very high run speed and very fast 1 handers.

• 5chars

• @afiNity:

A good MaA just waits for your attack, dodges and attacks you in the recovery. And when he runs out of stamina he just waits for your attack again.

You can’t wait if you’re trying to get to an objective.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@afiNity:

A good MaA just waits for your attack, dodges and attacks you in the recovery. And when he runs out of stamina he just waits for your attack again.

You can’t wait if you’re trying to get to an objective.

Well this only applies for 1on1, MaA in TO is a completely different story…

• why do people care about 1v1? Game is clearly not balanced for it.

• @NoVaLombardia:

why do people care about 1v1? Game is clearly not balanced for it.

Because unlike the other 3 classes, MaA has a clear advantage to the point where it’s next to impossible beating one (let alone hitting one) that doesn’t make mistakes.

THEN AGAIN… if you enjoy playing Chivalry: Stamina Warfare, this might not be the case. Because the game sucks.

• You can punish side- and forward-dodges, you can’t punish back-dodges. Very important distinction.

• @NoVaLombardia:

why do people care about 1v1? Game is clearly not balanced for it.

Get out Nova,
    don’t railroad this topic. The TO : 1v1 argument is irrelevant here. The fact is you cant punish dodge in TO. If anything you have a better chance of punishing dodge in duel mode as the maps are generally a lot more closed in rather then the open area of TO.

IMO the issue i have with dodge and MAA is that it puts a very narrow band over the number of load outs that i can hope to be effective with against decent MAA.

I’m all for people being able to choose what ever load out they want, but i don’t want it to force me into 3-4 loadouts (excluding maa itself) when there are so many other fun loadouts to use.

edit:
    I thought i’d highlight the special word in a colour for those special needs people that have trouble with reading and comprehension.

• Actually if I use the zwei in TO and thanks to the chase mechanic I can catch up to MAA’s dodging backwards depending on how close I was to them before they dodged. This is why I miss MAAs a lot during FFA Duels, as I’m to used to the chase mechanic. this is rather easy with the regular spear as well and works sometimes with brandi, but as a knight you better just grab your secondary and wait for them to get close.

• @Xylvion:

Actually if I use the zwei in TO and thanks to the chase mechanic I can catch up to MAA’s dodging

They removed that in “the patch”.

• Correction: Can’t punish back-dodge (sort of). Spears can, and zwei / polearms can if you are close enough.

And if you’re back dodging, that means you cancelled whatever job you were doing at the moment,
    making you less threatening for a moment. That moment is enough for their front-lines to have numbers
    advantage, since that back-dodge could have easily equated to 3 or even 4 attacks if you did a different
    dodge or did something else entirely.

@giantyak:

Get out Nova,
    don’t railroad this topic.

Sorry if you want to stay in your little bubble of understanding in order to make yourself feel better, but this is relevant.

• LOL@ People who take TO more serious then 1v1 after CFTP removal

game is ALL about 1v1. Team modes is not even worth playing

• @NoVaLombardia:

Correction: Can’t punish back-dodge (sort of). Spears can, and zwei / polearms can if you are close enough.

And if you’re back dodging, that means you cancelled whatever job you were doing at the moment,
    making you less threatening for a moment. That moment is enough for their front-lines to have numbers
    advantage, since that back-dodge could have easily equated to 3 or even 4 attacks if you did a different
    dodge or did something else entirely…

Just because sperm whales can defend them selves against giant squid doesn’t mean that all the creatures in the sea are balanced against the giant squid…

But seriously my point is dodge can not be punished. It can kinda be punished eventually by one class with its longest weapons…

But my point is that you can’t punish the first dodge and IMO that counts for everything. Anything else you do after is irrelevant because after the time has elapsed where that first dodge is done anything can happen next and you’ve already been delayed.
    Thus, you can not punish dodge, you can only do something about it eventually and that ‘eventuality’ is irrelevant here.

• @giantyak:

Just because sperm whales can defend them selves against giant squid doesn’t mean that all the creatures in the sea are balanced against the giant squid…

I like where this is going.