Sweet spot mechanic

• I think there should be some sort of indicator of when the sweet spot is, I don’t want to memorize tracers to try and get full damage.

Maybe a noise indicator of some sort of a flash of the blade. It would just be nice to have. :)

• There is definitely a different sound that plays when you hit someone for each region of the tracers, just like there’s a different sound that plays depending on how far you fall/how much fall damage you take.

• @Yazuak:

There is definitely a different sound that plays when you hit someone for each region of the tracers, just like there’s a different sound that plays depending on how far you fall/how much fall damage you take.

If there is I never noticed it. Though thats just only if the hit connects right? I mean even if it doesn’t connect it should play a sound, or some sort of indicator

• @Ho_BoY:

@Yazuak:

There is definitely a different sound that plays when you hit someone for each region of the tracers, just like there’s a different sound that plays depending on how far you fall/how much fall damage you take.

If there is I never noticed it. Though thats just only if the hit connects right? I mean even if it doesn’t connect it should play a sound, or some sort of indicator

That makes no sense, and would really dumb down the game.

• @Ho_BoY:

@Yazuak:

That doesn’t make any sense do you know how it works?

• @Ho_BoY:

I think there should be some sort of indicator of when the sweet spot is, I don’t want to memorize tracers to try and get full damage.
    […]

If you don’t want to put in some practice, you don’t get consistent full damage. Not the game’s fault at all, especially since your hit is more violent when you do connect in the sweet spot so there is an indication.

• The visual cue could be increased, with maybe a spray of blood. I’m not sure if this would be cheesy or not, but it would be really easy to see a sweet spot land if a nice spray of blood went with it.

• Possibly a distinctive curse from the target/sign of satisfaction from the striker.

• The Crosshair serves as a good indicator for the sweet spot system, make sure you aim directly at your opponent with your crosshair for a red hit. semi-late delays also works, though I think the lenght of blue and green tracer at the end of the strike should be slightly longer, right now this just encourages players to try making least amount of accelerated overheads due to the fact they deal less damage which is great.

• @wildwulfy:

The Crosshair serves as a good indicator for the sweet spot system, make sure you aim directly at your opponent with your crosshair for a red hit. semi-late delays also works, though I think the lenght of blue and green tracer at the end of the strike should be slightly longer, right now this just encourages players to try making least amount of accelerated overheads due to the fact they deal less damage which is great.

But not all sweetspot tracers are in the middle, different places for different weapons.

• @Ho_BoY:

@wildwulfy:

The Crosshair serves as a good indicator for the sweet spot system, make sure you aim directly at your opponent with your crosshair for a red hit. semi-late delays also works, though I think the lenght of blue and green tracer at the end of the strike should be slightly longer, right now this just encourages players to try making least amount of accelerated overheads due to the fact they deal less damage which is great.

But not all sweetspot tracers are in the middle, different places for different weapons.

We’re working on that.

• I like the meaty sound for sweespot hits.