Your approval rating for Torn Banner Studios [POLL]

• Let’s also try to keep this thread on topic :D

• To me the game feels “meh” right now. I enjoyed it the most before a certain patch went online, but even now with its hefty load of issues I can’t get enough of it. So I guess it’s still okay.

However the lack of communication from TBS is a bit perplexing. It looks like even the forum mods are on the same boat we’re on when it comes to knowing what TBS are actually working on (That is, barring CM:DW). And since the game desperately needs a boost in terms of actual content, that’s a bit of a letdown. A little hope could get this game a little further, but right now it feels as if everything is in limbo until the expansion comes out.

• I think TBS is doing quite OK fore their size.
    Come on! They are new to making real games! This is their first game! They made mods before this!

You know, you can’t expect a new studio to bring patches out as fast as DICE or other great developers.

I’m pretty happy with TBS not being that money-hungry. Have you ever played an Atari game? Best example: TDU2 I have it and like it. But they fucked up the game to make money. Things that were free at first (of course you had to buy the game first), became purchasable. Many cars were only purchasable by Atari-tokens that are bought by real money and nothing else. No way to earn them somehow.
    It were cars that were nice collector cars AND cars that bring you a good advantage. And the game wasn’t that cheap. Many, including me, refused to spend more money on a game, that’s getting broken.
    They also fucked up carsounds… They took away the nice beastly engine-sound of the SLS AMG :(

Well back to topic:
    TBS isn’t doing GREAT or badass, But they’re doing okay. They haven’t given up chivalry, yet. And I don’t think they will that fast. If DW was a new game I’d be afraid they would leave it, but it’s an expansion. C:MW is needed, so they won’t give that up now.

Maybe one day, when they make a Chivalry 2: Crusade of Tonesia (I’d love that title :D), they will stop support on C:MW. But not, yet.
    I hope TBS won’t prove me wrong.

• Also don’t forget forums are traditionally a slightly biased area for feedback, tending to attract those less casual gamers or people with specific problems (who tend to be a bit more negative).

Overall I’m happy. Would love to see a couple more of the bugs addressed and personally would liked to have seen TO modes in DW, but then no game is going to be perfect

• Oh look, my post was needlessly deleted again.

My approval for TBS is bad, and apparently they won’t let me speak my reasons as to why.

• @SOC:

Oh look, my post was needlessly deleted again.

My approval for TBS is bad, and apparently they won’t let me speak my reasons as to why.

The last post of yours that was deleted was deleted in August. Again, if you have moderation complaints, PM Kimiko or a mod.

• Ouch! Almost 75% of people polled think TBS is “Okay” or worse. Not a very glamorous achievement. Really shows how far they’ve fallen in the past couple of months.

• @Sidewinder:

Ouch! Almost 75% of people polled think TBS is “Okay” or worse. Not a very glamorous achievement. Really shows how far they’ve fallen in the past couple of months.

That or it shows the fact that many people don’t have their own opinion and follow those that flame about TBS. Because if you defend TBS you get looked at strangely.
    There are already servers in the EU that ware called “This patch sucks” and “TBS sucks” and what do I know.

The haters take the new players and teach them to hate the game. I try to do the opposite everytime I meet a newbie. If they are willing to learn I teach them how to read feints and stuff.

• If a game keeps my attention for more than 50 hours, the developers are most likely excellent. This game has kept it for 400 hours.

Because if you defend TBS you get looked at strangely.

• @Sidewinder:

Ouch! Almost 75% of people polled think TBS is “Okay” or worse.

It also shows that 67% think they are ok or better.

• It is now an even 68% on both sides including “Okay” with 31% on either side and 37% in the middle.

This poll is not inclusive though, because the vocal majority tends to be negative because when people have a problem, they talk about it, but when they are having a good time, they are busy having a good time.

• This game would be “Great!” if they worked on their bugs more efficiently.

• Bad.
    Im pretty upset about the lack of Friday updates, also I attempted to post in “Ask TBS” but by post was never approved.

• Terrible.

I never saw such an amateur developer like you guys. This game had everything to be THE GAME. After the july patch you guys showed how NOT to conduce a great game with so many potential. I wont even talk about the bugs that you guys seem to ignore.

And releasing an expansion before take care of the main chivalry, oh, that was… ridiculous. Shame on you.

• @catsponge:

@Sidewinder:

Ouch! Almost 75% of people polled think TBS is “Okay” or worse.

It also shows that 67% think they are ok or better.

“Okay” is never something a game company would wish to strive for. Sucks for TBS that the majority deem them just “okay.”

• Boobs.

• @CRUSHED:

Boobs.

More sense than this topic.

• @CRUSHED:

Boobs.

I agree.
    In all seriousness, the game itself is either the best or second-best non-strategy game that I’ve every played, I want to be absolutely clear on that.
    The OKAY rating is because of lack of updates and communication. That seems to be lessening, with the patch yesterday and the hotfix today. It seems that TBS may be about to do a turnaround, which I really hope for.

• I voted good because I fucking love this game! I’ve played since I bought it in February, I think, and I haven’t dropped out since. I’ve never played a game as many hours as I’ve played Chivalry (Killing Floor and the L4D games only go up to 300 hours each) so it’s well worth the money and everything! I only voted good because, well, customization didn’t turn out THAT good and I would really like some TO maps. Other than that, bugs don’t bug me, glitches don’t itch me. Or well, I hate the damn de-syncs that happen sometimes, I hate the lag I get on a bunch of servers and I hate every player that is better than me.

One wish I have is that Torn Banner talk more with the community, even if they can’t pump out patches and hotfixes every other week they could at least tell us more what they are working on and when we can expect to get it. Maybe they should hire an assistant for Kimiko who can sort out the millions of opinions, ideas and complaints of this forum and give her back the big picture so she can make a nice little official statement answering a lot of questions.

• I give TBS a little bit of slack because they are small indie. They did a good job creating a good game. Their progress with the game currently I’d say is poor.