One question: why?

• Dear Torn Banner Studios,

I highly enjoyed playing Medieval Warfare, but for all that time game’s been out, I’ve been desperately waiting for the moment game gets actually fixed, filled, polished and loses that awful beta mod feel.

So, turns out it will never happen. CMW will always be remembered as re-port of source mod Age of Chivalry, which is even buggier than its predecessor, quickly churned out to make some money.

Of course I realize that it was somewhat dumb of me to expect CMW getting a deeper lore, actual story, more objective maps with actual continuity and actual AAA-title worth of polish. But this thread isn’t about my disappointment with previous game, but a honest question:

Will that same approach and handling to your creations continue? Instead of taking a great idea and working until it’s perfect, let’s just throw some naked female ninjas in (or whatever) and rush it out?

After trailer of pirates and ninjas it feels just as cheap as the tv-show by the same name is: no historical depth, just keywords to incite excitement. It got ninjas! and pirates!

Why not add stormtroopers, middle eastern terrorists and elven rangers while you’re at it?

…Or go to bug reports section of CMW, read a bit and get one potentially memorable game finished at least? It’s no-brainer that Deadliest Warrior will be built upon CMW . But is this base solid and enjoyable to begin with?

• If you believe C:DW will not benefit C:MW in any ways, you haven’t played video games for too long.

• Elven rangers would be pretty sweet.

• +1 to the original post

How sad…. immersion was if not, the biggest thing in chivalry. Now every little bit of amazing talent at TB has been thrown away. Ninja vs Spartans, in chivalry, what a lame idea :(

With all the great ideas thrown up in the forums, TB picked the poorest one. I would even have bought twice an expansion with a call of duty’s style chivalry, or more content and factions, or even some horses and new functionalities and maps. But well, lets just kill ninja with 300’s movie kick: Madness?

Disappointed. A fantasy expansion with spells and races would call twice of attention.

• @JeansenVaars:

+1 to the original post

How sad…. immersion was if not, the biggest thing in chivalry. Now every little bit of amazing talent at TB has been thrown away. Ninja vs Spartans, in chivalry, what a lame idea :(

With all the great ideas thrown up in the forums, TB picked the poorest one. I would even have bought twice an expansion with a call of duty’s style chivalry, or more content and factions, or even some horses and new functionalities and maps. But well, lets just kill ninja with 300’s movie kick: Madness?

Disappointed. A fantasy expansion with spells and races would call twice of attention.

You should have seen it when there was an ideas and suggestions section.

Deadliest warrior pretty much takes most of its ideas from there.

• @InCreator:

Dear Torn Banner Studios,

I highly enjoyed playing Medieval Warfare, but for all that time game’s been out, I’ve been desperately waiting for the moment game gets actually fixed, filled, polished and loses that awful beta mod feel.

So, turns out it will never happen. CMW will always be remembered as re-port of source mod Age of Chivalry, which is even buggier than its predecessor, quickly churned out to make some money.

Of course I realize that it was somewhat dumb of me to expect CMW getting a deeper lore, actual story, more objective maps with actual continuity and actual AAA-title worth of polish. But this thread isn’t about my disappointment with previous game, but a honest question:

Will that same approach and handling to your creations continue? Instead of taking a great idea and working until it’s perfect, let’s just throw some naked female ninjas in (or whatever) and rush it out?

After trailer of pirates and ninjas it feels just as cheap as the tv-show by the same name is: no historical depth, just keywords to incite excitement. It got ninjas! and pirates!

Why not add stormtroopers, middle eastern terrorists and elven rangers while you’re at it?

…Or go to bug reports section of CMW, read a bit and get one potentially memorable game finished at least? It’s no-brainer that Deadliest Warrior will be built upon CMW . But is this base solid and enjoyable to begin with?

+1.

• The OP says “its a no brainer that DW will be built on MW”.

I wouldn’t be so sure.

• @lemonater47:

Yup, and the customization content was done by the fans. But at least Steve got to do another interview.

• Another self-entitled whiner with over-inflated self-worth who has nothing to do but whine and point out negatives, totally forgetting that he paid $20 for the game and has been getting free patches for a year.

So many people jumping on the ‘screw TBS’ bandwagon for misguided reasons.

• @InCreator:

let’s just throw some naked female ninjas in

This is a great idea, I fully support it.

• Not sure if you guys realise. Torn Banner is a commercial company that relies on an income to pay its staff.

Fixing bugs and whatnot to a game that had a good run for an indie game isn’t going to generate much more income, probably not enough to justify the time spent on it.

Don’t get angry at a business for running as a business and not a charity. If you don’t like how CMW turned out, then perhaps move on and play other games.

IMO CMW turned out quite well, most bugs are sorted although some seemingly obvious ones have been in the game for a while, the cart is 10,40,70,90% of the way there (lol that has been in for ages).

• I understand the frustration you might have with the state of the game; however, I would appreciate it if you didn’t spread false information about things you probably do not know for certain. [not directed at you, OP].

• @BillDoor:

@lemonater47:

Yup, and the customization content was done by the fans. But at least Steve got to do another interview.

Well that’s a good thing. It means they are listening to the community.

• Certain people seem to have broken their troll radar…

• @Oy:

Another self-entitled whiner with over-inflated self-worth who has nothing to do but whine and point out negatives, totally forgetting that he paid $20 for the game and has been getting free patches for a year.

+1 Well said.

• Do you mind listing all the bugs that make this such an unplayable experience? I cannot stand people who find 1 bug, or sometimes find none but simply go on hearsay, then parrot the line “this game’s full of bugs” “fix game before you make new content”.

• Do you mind listing all the bugs that make this such an unplayable experience? I cannot stand people who find 1 bug, or sometimes find none but simply go on hearsay, then parrot the line “this game’s full of bugs” “fix game before you make new content”.

• @haarp:

Do you mind listing all the bugs that make this such an unplayable experience? I cannot stand people who find 1 bug, or sometimes find none but simply go on hearsay, then parrot the line “this game’s full of bugs” “fix game before you make new content”.

LOLs read the forms much? Hell the bubble fix caused more bugs with just one “fix”

That aside, the original poster is greatly mistaken on a few points. C:MW was not just whipped out. It took over 3 years of development with a total of 8 years if you add in all the work and development of the mod AOC. That is a huge amount of time for a handful of fanboys who when pro.

I have always been a staunch critic of issues of both games but at the same time I have always supported them by hosting servers, running one of the oldest clans and tech help while building the community. So trust me I know how you feel.

• @Oy:

Another self-entitled whiner with over-inflated self-worth who has nothing to do but whine and point out negatives, totally forgetting that he paid $20 for the game and has been getting free patches for a year.

+1

• @wyrda78:

@Oy:

+1

Frack those patches. I would pay to revert them :P…well most of it.
    It’s not whining. Not pointing negatives. It is true cry out to devs to hear the community of beloved dying game. There are numerous reasons why community is dwindling but bugs/imbalances that are here so long that we got used to them are just killing it for core players, period.

Devs being so Silent is just numbing. I really do hope that C:DW build is full of bugfixes and optimalizations. I really do…