Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on a Triple-Monitor Setup!

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Nvidia Surround - GTX 670 3-Way SLI:
    [youtubehd:2h3r9p1a]VFiKRxm7dTQ[/youtubehd:2h3r9p1a]

It’s about time that I did a triple-monitor gameplay of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare! I have been meaning to for quite some time now. And here it is, dear friends. Here it is! Enjoy the sights and sounds of this game on an extreme, water-cooled, overclocked, triple-monitor, custom gaming PC from Yours Truly!

• Triple-Monitor OP!
    Nice.

• Ive always found 3 screens to look bad.

You need at least 6 to make it look more or less normal. And with only 1 screen you don’t get those orrible black lines. Might as well get a 4K TV.

• It looks kinda nice but the FoV is odd. Do you really use 60? If yes: Did you also test higher values?

• please please please try a higher fov!

• Only 3? Surely you can do better than that.

• @lemonater47:

Ive always found 3 screens to look bad.

You need at least 6 to make it look more or less normal. And with only 1 screen you don’t get those orrible black lines. Might as well get a 4K TV.

Perhaps the triple-monitor setups that you have seen mostly are those of the 16:9 ratio (1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1440, etc). Those I do not enjoy. The 16:9 ratio makes an already stretched resolution all the more stretched. Stick with 16:10 (1920 x 1200, 2560 x 1600, etc) when doing a triple-monitor setup.

The black lines really aren’t so bad. They are off to the side of your peripheral view, just as on a single monitor. The side monitors are slightly ‘curved’ toward you and help fill in your peripheral view of the world and create more immersion.

A 4K monitor may have a higher resolution, but it’s still just one monitor in front of you. Good luck with immersion on that one.

@Evil:

It looks kinda nice but the FoV is odd. Do you really use 60? If yes: Did you also test higher values?

I knew that I’d catch some flack by only going with a FOV of 60, however, it helped eliminate the fisheye lens look. I’ll be doing another Chivalry video with a higher FOV, 90 perhaps.

@gregcau:

Only 3? Surely you can do better than that.

Go on then, ole boy, tell me what you’d like to see in future videos.

• Very nice :D be sure to post more pics when you can!

• I was all excited for my triple-monitor setup months ago when I got my GTX 680, but a good half of the peripheral screens are just so zoomed in as to be distractingly ugly and mostly useless for actual gameplay. Even if my main screen looks good, as you go towards the edges it gets progressively more zoomed in until it appears like a wall that’s actually about 10 feet to your right is showing up as 5 giant zoomed-in bricks on your right-hand monitor.

I never liked it, so I just went with one 120hz gaming monitor and left the other two for things like Skype and Firefox on the side -Shrug-

• @lemonater47:

That’s just a curved CRT with a lower resolution than my current setup. It’s also not a seamless image, as you would think.

@Dr.Nick:

Very nice :D be sure to post more pics when you can!

@Daiyuki:

I was all excited for my triple-monitor setup months ago when I got my GTX 680, but a good half of the peripheral screens are just so zoomed in as to be distractingly ugly and mostly useless for actual gameplay. Even if my main screen looks good, as you go towards the edges it gets progressively more zoomed in until it appears like a wall that’s actually about 10 feet to your right is showing up as 5 giant zoomed-in bricks on your right-hand monitor.

I never liked it, so I just went with one 120hz gaming monitor and left the other two for things like Skype and Firefox on the side -Shrug-

A single GPU isn’t going to do too much in a setup like this. Even GTX Titans struggle to optimally run games across three monitors.