Turn off rain and fog?

• Is there a way to turn off the rain in darkforest and the fog in citadel?

• I don’t think so. Disabling these effects (especially the fog) would give you an unfair advantage over other players.

• @Evil:

I don’t think so. Disabling these effects (especially the fog) would give you an unfair advantage over other players.

Lol No.

Anyway, unfortunately you can’t disable them because they aren’t an “effect”, but they are part of the map.

• Actually, yes… Lower your graphical settings. I’m not sure which setting, but I do not have rain, fog or even the flames that come out of the poles on the Arena map by using the lever(I do have firepot flames etc.). I have everything set to low, so I’m unsure which rids of the weather effects, but it can be done! :D

• Some maps actually have fog turned off for higher settings, like Battlegrounds. People with stronger rigs have a much greater advantage on BG because they can see way further. Archer vs Archer on BG is terrible for those with lower settings.

• alt+f4 will make all that fog or rain disappear.

• @Deadpan:

alt+f4 will make all that fog or rain disappear.

• Whose idea was it to add the gigantic dust storm to Citadel Objective 4?

It’s like a fucking fart storm what the hell happened?

• @DokB:

Whose idea was it to add the gigantic dust storm to Citadel Objective 4?

It’s like a fucking fart storm what the hell happened?

The door? I never noticed a storm o.o

The fog on Battlegrounds is way more annoying.

• What settings are you using? The door part has some weird fucking cloud that keeps billowing all over the place for me.

Or maybe better yet… What settings am I using that’s causing this.

but I agree on the Battlegrounds part, it’s hard to distinguish where archers are at a distance on that map, which is kinda important.

EDIT: And when I say at a distance, I mean from the catapult to the wooden rampart/stake wall.

• @DokB:

What settings are you using? The door part has some weird fucking cloud that keeps billowing all over the place for me.

Or maybe better yet… What settings am I using that’s causing this.

but I agree on the Battlegrounds part, it’s hard to distinguish where archers are at a distance on that map, which is kinda important.

It’s hard on the catapult too because all the colors tend to wash into the same greyish tinge. I can only really tell teams by Knight shapes and watching the fight/kill feed to kind of see who has control and who is running from where.

I used to play on max settings but dropped to medium-ish without fancy stuff so I could play at 120 FPS, so I’m not sure specifically. Characters are still on high quality, but everything else is toned down somewhat and I think I kept… ambient occlusion on or something.

• why do all “good” players use shitty graphical settings?

am I missing out here? should i lower my settings down?

fuck that it’s too pretty.

• @clayton-bigsby:

why do all “good” players use shitty graphical settings?

I really would play with higher graphics but i want to enjoy my 120hz… (need 120 fps steady for that)

• @clayton-bigsby:

why do all “good” players use shitty graphical settings?

To get as many FPS as possible…? I even play Quake on lowest settings

• @fvonb:

@Deadpan:

alt+f4 will make all that fog or rain disappear.

img

hey, it seemed like it was mandatory. couldn’t believe no-one’d done it yet. because you know it will. it will make it all go away.

…ok maybe i’d been playing too much Chivalry.