Vanguard limits.

• yeah, because of all the crybabies, Archers have been nerfed to be the least popular class. still, every second and third server has archer limits that are often very steep. it’s not done to prevent instances of just way too many archers, because the limit is always either 25%, or about 10/15%.

great. fine. whatever. annoying as hell, btw. but Vanguards, even when all the crying was happening, and now because of all the crying even moreso, are by far the most popular class. many games i enter about 66 to 75% of everyone on one team is a Vanguard. and yet, are there any Vanguard limits?

if you’re gonna use Archer limits please add some bloody Vanguard limits because i hate that bloody fantasy class.

• Archers were nerfed?

Hah!

• I never like class limits. Let people construct their own team, even if they wanna be idiots.

• Please outline these archer… “nerfs”…

• All their missile speeds were nerfed.

After they were buffed too much.

• Class limits are stupid. Be it Archer or Vanguard or Man at Arms. Only Knight could make a little sense (still unneeded).

If you want limited gameplay just look around - there are plenty servers with class limits some even going as far as limiting each class to 1/4 of the teams maximum players. Sadly there is no filter option for this - which keeps me joining those servers until I find a suitable one or just got tired and stick with the officials…

• @lemonater47:

All their missile speeds were nerfed.

Right after they were buffed too high. I could easily be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that projectile speeds were increased and then brought back a little because they were too high- but the end result was still a buff from what we had originally.

• @quigleyer:

@lemonater47:

Right after they were buffed too high. I could easily be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that projectile speeds were increased and then brought back a little because they were too high- but the end result was still a buff from what we had originally.

Yes… that’s what I just said if you bothered to read the line below.

They were buffed a small amount. But they also fixed the projectile speed based on frame as issue at he same time. Which increased the speed massively. So they nerfed them again to bring them back to where the original buff was intended.

• You know how to reduce the number of vanguards on servers?

1. Default Friendly Fire setting: 100%
    2. Friendly Fire can flinch
    3. Teach the masses how to votekick

• Archer nerfs. Ha. That’s rich.

On the singapore servers we generally have plenty of archers. Some would say too many.

• The cure to archers is a decent javelin player.

Its beautiful when, without any communication, a team decides that there are too many archers on the other team and so respawn with 4 javelin players at the same time and then go and clean up.

I guess you need talented all-rounders to be able to achieve this swap, but when it happens the game ends pretty quickly :D

SO, yes, sometimes it can be a pain when everyone roles the same loadout, but there’s always a solution.

• My main class is archer, I still play on servers with limits. The reason is simply because I think it’s annoying when there’s 8 archers out of 12 people in 1 team. I don’t mind if I have to play vanguard or MAA or whatever a couple of rounds either, it’s great to variate a bit and I’m also able to practice my melee a bit.
    Although I do agree somewhat with your vanguard limit, mostly because most people don’t know that they got a secondary they can use while there are 5 teammates around and ony 1-2 enemies, or because a lot of them just charge into people or swing randomly. Just a couple of days ago I met this rank 38 vanguard who kept charging into me (teammate), so I asked him why he did it and his response was “It deals more damage and you weren’t hurt so you wouldn’t die of it anyway”. Did he really have to charge into a nonhurt teammate to kill an enemy that’d die by a kick though? obviously he did because he wanted the kill. I remember when I played on official servers people kept whining about archer teammates hitting them, although there were far more TK’s by vanguards.

• @Deadpan:

yeah, because of all the crybabies, Archers have been nerfed to be the least popular class. still, every second and third server has archer limits that are often very steep. it’s not done to prevent instances of just way too many archers, because the limit is always either 25%, or about 10/15%.

great. fine. whatever. annoying as hell, btw. but Vanguards, even when all the crying was happening, and now because of all the crying even moreso, are by far the most popular class. many games i enter about 66 to 75% of everyone on one team is a Vanguard. and yet, are there any Vanguard limits?

if you’re gonna use Archer limits please add some bloody Vanguard limits because i hate that bloody fantasy class.

Archers have been nerfed? Pfff…
    Also I know a server in the EU that has a vanguard limit. and a knight limit.
    I think it’s 2 archers, 1 vanguard, 2 knights and unlimited maa. That’s annoying… As if maa were the only fair class…

I’m kinda surprised about an archer not bringing the onehit argument. Most of the archers want to be faster than the maa, more damaging than the vanguard and more tanky than the knight. Oh and they also want to onehit knights in the leg and to have lighting fast reloads. probably they also want automatic rifles…

Why do mos of the archers seem to be divas that never get enough? Make the archer invincible, lightning fast, give them the kick with a bow and make the kick onehit knights and they will still be crying out loud.

Of course there are some nice archers around. Sadly, they’re not many.

• @lemonater47:

@quigleyer:

@lemonater47:

Yes… that’s what I just said if you bothered to read the line below.

OH my bad man. I guess I thought it was a start of a signature or something, sorry about that.

• lol dem troll threads.

• If you main archer, you may not realise how much fun your class strips away from the game for everyone else. We’re all trying to enjoy a nice melee simulator, and all we see are a bunch of trolls interrupting our fun. Playing servers with no archer limit usually leads to about half the people playing archer, in my experience, and it’s no fun running all the way to the frontline only to get shot to death by archers from BOTH teams before even getting there, it’s like trying to play chess in a room full of wasps.

What’s worse is that archer is so OP in close quarters that even if you manage to close with them, the pro ones (who are usually on the server using the pub players as target practice) will shank you to death anyway. The three people I’ve introduced to this game recently all left after a couple of weeks because they got sick of not being able to enjoy the melee aspect of this game due to being peppered with arrows constantly. Archers were part of medieval combat, but it doesn’t stop them from making the game considerably less fun. I personally consider archers the biggest problem in this game, and one of the main reasons the player base is dwindling.

Basically, f**k archers, I hate you all (except Durd).

• Alright, so the archer hate is a little extreme.
    I think that archers have been implemented a little poorly. There should be more incentive to get close to people (e.g. see the whites of their eyes), as opposed to trying to snipe and spam.
    I would suggest:
    -Less random spread to arrows, so that precision is encouraged as opposed to spam.
    -More drop, so that range is more limited and the skill ceiling is higher.
    -Faster melee wep draws, so that archers can stand and fight as opposed to running away.
    -Slower running speed, for the same reason (not too slow though).
    So what do people think?

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

Alright, so the archer hate is a little extreme.
    I think that archers have been implemented a little poorly. There should be more incentive to get close to people (e.g. see the whites of their eyes), as opposed to trying to snipe and spam.
    I would suggest:
    -Less random spread to arrows, so that precision is encouraged as opposed to spam.
    -More drop, so that range is more limited and the skill ceiling is higher.
    -Faster melee wep draws, so that archers can stand and fight as opposed to running away.
    -Slower running speed, for the same reason (not too slow though).
    So what do people think?

Nah, I’d save the archer hate is in fact well deserved, if not a little less than expected.

Faster melee weapon draws? Are you insane? Have you not seen how fast an archer can loose a shot and instantaneously draw their secondary? That’s half the reason why archers are so bullshit, the fact that they have access to a ranged weapon that can blow you away or stagger you and when you draw near to them they can swap to their secondary faster than lightning. And their secondary weapons are great close quarter weapon.

I’d say keep their running speed the same, SLOWER melee weapon draws, MORE random spread to arrows over long distances.

People need to understand that archers are already great in melee, while they should be the complete opposite.

And I haven’t even mentioned the idiotic “rogue” backstab mechanic. Why an archer, who is the one and only ranged class, should have a backstab mechanic is beyond me.

• So what is your problem with archers? Are they too spammy, which I agree with to some extent, and would actually suggest slower rate of fire when I think about it? Too melee-strong (it is a melee game…), too range-strong? Too skilless (keep in mind my MORE drop, LESS random deviation suggestion). As for their actual melee weapons, they’re not that strong. Most of their slight op-ness in SOME situations, it stems mostly from bugs in flinching. And how strong are archers when close to everything in the game one or two-hits you?
    Although I do agree that Rouge is really dumb.

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

So what is your problem with archers? Are they too spammy, which I agree with to some extent, and would actually suggest slower rate of fire when I think about it? Too melee-strong (it is a melee game…), too range-strong? Too skilless (keep in mind my MORE drop, LESS random deviation suggestion). As for their actual melee weapons, they’re not that strong. Most of their slight op-ness in SOME situations, it stems mostly from bugs in flinching. And how strong are archers when close to everything in the game one or two-hits you?
    Although I do agree that Rouge is really dumb.

They can pick you off at long range as you close in on them or take off portions of your health. If you’re lucky enough to survive and make it into kissing distance, mind you the archer can still loose a shot at you when you are extremely close and have plenty of time to quick draw his secondary, then you are faced with a class that excels in close range either due to their extremely quick, short ranged weapons. Yes they will die in 1-2 hits depending on what weapon you are using, but then again, if you’re not a Knight and they have damaged you at all, then so will you. The archer has it extremely easy.

Due to the extreme popularity of archer, he has been over buffed in my opinion. He should excel at range and not in close quarters. Not both like he has been doing for the last 9 months.