Ninja roll to break fall damage

• Just finished playing Shadow Warrior, which takes a page or two out of Chivalry’s book with it’s one-button-dashes and directional swings, and I got a kick out of using Lo Wang’s ninja roll to break his fall. It doesn’t necessarily have to lessen fall damage, but the optional flare and mobility would be a nice touch for what is fast becoming my favourite warrior.

If Flying Wild Hog are bold enough to mix your Man at Arms with Painkiller, why not take something back?

• Ninja gets no fall damage at all already.

• Then we’re half way there. Why not throw a roll in there by holding the crouch button before landing, rather than giving them magical cat feet.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Ninja gets no fall damage at all already.

Really? Even if they’re forced onto a lower surface? A kick or the like?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Ninja gets no fall damage at all already.

They actually can take fall damage, but they have to fall twice as far for it to happen. Not sure if there are any maps where this is even possible.

I suggested ninjas rolling when they hit the ground after a long fall but it didn’t happen :’(

• @SlyGoat:

I suggested ninjas rolling when they hit the ground after a long fall but it didn’t happen :’(

You seem to suggest a lot of good things that your team doesn’t want to include :o They should listen to you more often it seems

• @SavageBeatings:

@SlyGoat:

You seem to suggest a lot of good things that your team doesn’t want to include :o They should listen to you more often it seems

You mean like making QuarterStaff a 2hand Holy Water Sprinkler?

• Definitely would a cool idea so as long as it isn’t too difficult to implement without breaking things.

• It doesn’t seem like it would be hard to add at all to be honest (and it would be awesome).

• @Mr.:

It doesn’t seem like it would be hard to add at all to be honest (and it would be awesome).

This is the unreal 3 engine.

It will be damn hard to do without it bugging out.

• I was afraid of that myself to be honest, but TB have already done things with UE3 I never thought would be possible. I remember groaning about their choice of engine years ago during a match of AoC. Then those first dev diary videos blew my mind.